PDA

View Full Version : UNScam records mysteriously vanish

highsea
05-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Apparently 80% or so of the Oil for Food contracts have simply vanished, according to the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/19813.htm).

During the program's existence, more than $US1 billion was kept by the organisation as a fee for administering the program. As one senior UN diplomat recently told London's Daily Telegraph: "The UN was not doing this work just for the good of Iraq. Cash from Saddam's government was keeping the UN going for a few years."

Documents found in Iraq's old ministry of oil reveal that hundreds of prominent individuals received vouchers to buy Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices and sell it on the open market -- at tremendous, often seven-figure, profits.

Those named include not just Sevan but a vast array of Russian politicians, close friends of French President Jacques Chirac (including France's former minister of the interior), British Labour MP George Galloway, former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter and Indonesian President Megawati Sukarnoputri.

In short, it's a who's who list of high-profile anti-war and anti-sanctions voices, all revealed to be shills for Saddam.
The article (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9407989^7583,00.html)

-CM

highsea
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the UN has lost all credibility and usefullness?

10 years of resolutions against Saddam, while in the backroom...wink, wink, deal after deal was being made. Russia, Germany, France were all on Saddams payroll, taking cuts and kickbacks from the Oil for Food program while the Iraqi people suffered.

When push came to shove, the Security Council of course tried to prevent us from taking action. R, G, and F knew that their free lunch was about to end.

I think it is time for the US do bail out of the UN, kick them out of New York, and create a new alliance of Democracies that will truly work together to combat facism and terrorism in the world.

-CM~~my .02

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 01:26 PM
You know after posting what I did that I have no respect for the U.N. It is apparent that they are as corrupt as the Miami-Dade PD, NYPD, and LAPD all rolled into one!

eg8r
05-03-2004, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thinks the UN has lost all credibility and usefullness? <hr /></blockquote> You are not alone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am sure they do something useful, but just nothing useful that pertains to Iraq.

eg8r

highsea
05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am sure they do something useful, but just nothing useful that pertains to Iraq.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You may be right, I just wish someone would tell me what that is. They don't enforce their Security Council resolutions, they can't operate in a peacekeeping role without us leading the way. As election monitors, they don't seem to be very effective, but better than nothing, I guess.

The General Assembly doesn't seem to have any function at all, other than as a body to draw from for temporary positions on various committees.

Oh, it does serve as a centralized podium for every Fascist Regime and 2-bit dictator to bitch about the USA, so I guess it serves a purpose for some countries, just not ours.

How bout it lefties? (or anyone else) Has the UN done anything usefull in the last 10 years or so?

-CM~~~wants the US out of the UN

Cueless Joey
05-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Maybe the UN would lead the next olympic committee too.

highsea
05-03-2004, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Maybe the UN would lead the next olympic committee too. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL they have the credentials for that, for sure.

-CM

Qtec
05-03-2004, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Galloway accepts libel damages

Galloway has always denied accepting cash from Saddam
MP George Galloway has accepted damages and a public apology over an American newspaper article that alleged he accepted money from Saddam Hussein.
Mr Galloway, expelled by Labour for his stance on the Iraq war, said he had been "completely vindicated".

The Christian Science Monitor admitted a set of documents upon which it based its story were "almost certainly" fake.

<hr /></blockquote>

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

highsea
05-03-2004, 06:04 PM
That's good. I hope the story turns out to be fake.

Please post a link to your source.

-CM

Qtec
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3549679.stm

Q

highsea
05-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Q. This may not be the end of the story however...

[ QUOTE ]
The chairman of Mr Galloway's constituency Labour Party, Mark Craig, said the apology from the Christian Science Monitor was a "vindication" of the MP.

He said he believed similar allegations by the Daily Telegraph were also false.

But in a statement, Charles Moore, editor of the Daily Telegraph, said: "The Christian Science Monitor's retraction has no bearing on The Daily Telegraph's story.

"Our story was based on a different set of documents found in a different set of circumstances. They were not supplied or given to us but unearthed by our reporter, David Blair, in the foreign ministry in Baghdad.

"We have complete confidence in our story, our reporter and the authenticity of our documents."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3006166.stm <hr /></blockquote>

I will reserve judgement on this until the UNScam investigation in complete. Hopefully the UN can come up with the missing records.

-CM