PDA

View Full Version : Goals

Fasteddy7
05-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Please offer some your pool shooting goals you have set for yourself. How well you did and how you charted your growth. Although this is more of a personal question, your goals could be augmented in different ways to suit different individuals. Thanks in advance....Fast

Fasteddy7
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Is this that dumb of a post? 36 views 0 replies. I'll reply just so my feelings dont get hurt. hehe

Wally_in_Cincy
05-03-2004, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fasteddy7:</font><hr> Is this that dumb of a post? 36 views 0 replies. I'll reply just so my feelings dont get hurt. hehe <hr /></blockquote>

Your question is pretty open-ended and could require a lengthy response. Perhaps no one wants to take the time to describe all that in detail

I think everybody here would have a goal of winning every match /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leviathan
05-03-2004, 12:46 PM
'Lo, Fastman.

I try to learn a useful tactic or technique, or master a new shot, every week. I don't set goals like "I'm gonna beat X straight up by Christmas" or "I'm gonna win my first State-level tournament this year." I think that goals like these are usually worthless distractions. If I'm ever good enough to win against strong competition, I'll win; until then I need to concentrate on the nuts and bolts and avoid daydreaming about success.

Just my two cents worth--I suppose different things work for different people.

AS