PDA

View Full Version : 100% Follow Through!

superstroke
05-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Simple as this, the next time you shot a ball (try on a medium distance straight in shot first) when you shoot, try to hit the spot on the object ball with your stick on your follow through. Try it. This could be a break through for some of you.

bluewolf
05-03-2004, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote superstroke:</font><hr> Simple as this, the next time you shot a ball (try on a medium distance straight in shot first) when you shoot, try to hit the spot on the object ball with your stick on your follow through. Try it. This could be a break through for some of you. <hr /></blockquote>

I learned this in my first few months of playing pool in lessons with scott lee and randy gs pool school. Also, the stroke trainer helps to keep my stroke smooth.

I do believe you are 'preaching to the choir', since most here are A-B players and certainly have fundamentals to achieve their current level.

I think that posting something like this is kind of insulting to the good players here. Are u an idiot?

laura

rukiddingme
05-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Bluewolf,
I don't know if you are having a bad day or what but I find that superstroke's post is NOT INSULTING.
YOUR POST however IS INSULTING unless of course you find calling people "idiots" intelligent and friendly. I mean who do you think you are after all?
ruk

Chris Cass
05-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Your not playing nice in our little sandbox BW. If SS feels he'd like to contribute and although, for many it's nothing new, it might be of some value to some.

I'm not trying to play monitor but the stroke is, the most valuable part of the game. Well, the final stroke anyway. You did just fine up the the idiot part. imho

Who knows? SS might be in reality Brad Pitt. Then, you'd be really sorry, wouldn't you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rukiddingme
05-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Superstroke,
Thanks for the reminder. No matter what skill level we are this is a great tip.
I'm sorry that one of our CCB'ers failed to be polite, gracious and welcoming. It must be because she is having a bad day and not because she does not know any better.
ruk

Rich R.
05-03-2004, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> I do believe you are 'preaching to the choir', since most here are A-B players and certainly have fundamentals to achieve their current level.<hr /></blockquote>
I hope your speaking for yourself, Laura. I don't believe everyone here is an A-B player.
In fact I know they are not.
I am a D player, at best. I'm just good enough, to know, how really bad I play.

Chris Cass
05-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Hi Rich,

I don't think it's you. I think it's that TS cue. Now, send it to me and I'll test it for free. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What are friends for,

C.C.~~think he bought it?

Eric.
05-03-2004, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote superstroke:</font><hr> Simple as this, the next time you shot a ball (try on a medium distance straight in shot first) when you shoot, try to hit the spot on the object ball with your stick on your follow through. Try it. This could be a break through for some of you. <hr /></blockquote>

I learned this in my first few months of playing pool in lessons with scott lee and randy gs pool school. Also, the stroke trainer helps to keep my stroke smooth.

I do believe you are 'preaching to the choir', since most here are A-B players and certainly have fundamentals to achieve their current level.

I think that posting something like this is kind of insulting to the good players here. Are u an idiot?

laura <hr /></blockquote>

That's pretty harsh, Laura. I would think you of all people would have a little more compassion considering you have made 100's of posts like Super's.

Eric

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 10:41 AM
It must be a bad day for her, or something. She attacked me in non-pool related.

Barbara
05-03-2004, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>
That's pretty harsh, Laura. I would think you of all people would have a little more compassion considering you have made 100's of posts like Super's.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Try a couple thousand.

And it never ends, either.

Barbara

Rich R.
05-03-2004, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Rich,

I don't think it's you. I think it's that TS cue. Now, send it to me and I'll test it for free. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What are friends for,

C.C.~~think he bought it? <hr /></blockquote>

Chris, I don't know what I would do, without a good friend like you. My TS cue is all packed and ready to be shipped, as soon as I receive your SW to use in the meantime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take as long as you need to test it.

I bought his, as much as he is going to buy mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
ROTFLMFAO

C.C.~~did someone say Babs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
05-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Ok Rich,

I'll just need some camera equipment to fully understand what I must do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~I knew he wouldn't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
05-03-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Ok Rich,

I'll just need some camera equipment to fully understand what I must do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~I knew he wouldn't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The cue I can understand, but what would you do with the camera equipment? I know you don't know how to use that, at least, not as good as you would use the cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I didn't buy that one either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
05-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Delete that post and save yourself any further embarrassment.

Bob_Jewett
05-03-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote superstroke:</font><hr> Simple as this, the next time you shot a ball (try on a medium distance straight in shot first) when you shoot, try to hit the spot on the object ball with your stick on your follow through. Try it. This could be a break through for some of you. <hr /></blockquote>
While I think your suggestion may help some who have developed a severely cramped stroke, it also may cause others to start dropping their elbow when it's not necessary (or useful). A good drill for improving stroke mechanics is shown on page 16 of the SFBA Basics Clinic Handout (http://www.sfbilliards.com/basics.pdf). It isolates the arm motion and can be quite a test even for fairly experienced players. I think you'll find that it promote pendulum rather than piston motion.

woody_968
05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Well Laura ya surprised me with this one. I hope what ever is really bothering you turns out ok.

As far as his post not helping better players I would say that sometimes a small reminder of something like this can sometimes bring someone out of a slump. And while many (not all) of the posters on here do play at a high level, there are many "lurkers" that come here to read tips that may have never heard this.

Hope all is well.

bluewolf
05-03-2004, 08:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Delete that post and save yourself any further embarrassment. <hr /></blockquote>

Too Late. Was on the road all day since this morning. Just got back to computer.Wuz irritated at the poster because...oh never mind...

Popcorn
05-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Sometimes I post things and that later realize, what was I thinking. Hopefully no one read it and I am in time to delete it.

Chris Cass
05-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Cool website Bobby.

Regards,

C.C.

superstroke
05-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Laura,
Even if only 1 person out of the several hundred that viewed my post got something out of what I said, I'm still happy with that.

Perk
05-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Not good odds there superstroke.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, But I understand the concept.

Have a great day!

JClark
05-04-2004, 09:09 AM
First of all please allow me to clear up some things first, followthrough is not a cause it is the result of a good stroke. If you want to have a good stroke you need to have a good finish to your shots. In simple terms your but hand should come to it's home position your chest, and you will also start to build consistancy to your stroke.
Jeffrey Clark SPF Family /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for pointing that out, although I prefer to think of follow through as being part of the stroke as opposed to being the result. When I explain to students that the full stroke ends when your hand is home rather than when the tip makes contact with the cb, a light seems to go off for them.

By the way, I noticed the upgrad note for your instructor academy. (At least, I think it was yours)
Congratulations!
Steve

Rod
05-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Right on, it is something that happens naturally. Follow-thru is not created at the finish but rather at the beginning of a well timed release through the c/b. That is opposed to the hit issue I see with 90% plus of the pool playing population. However I think the poster had good intentions.

I don't completely agree with the home position though. I am a stand up player as a few others I know, so that is impossible. One shoe doesn't always fit all, there are always exceptions especially playing pool or other sports.

Rod

Nostroke
05-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Id say the vast majority here, including myself, are C/D players. Are you including yourself in that "most here" group Laura? If so you are the best kept secret in women's pool.