PDA

View Full Version : They kept this quiet.

Qtec
05-03-2004, 05:27 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq, said in a speech six months before the September 11, 2001 attacks that the Bush administration was "paying no attention" to terrorism.

"What they will do is stagger along until there's a major incident and then suddenly say, 'Oh my God, shouldn't we be organized to deal with this," ' said Bremer at McCormick Tribune Foundation conference on terrorism on February 26, 2001.

Bremer spoke at the conference shortly after he chaired the National Commission on Terrorism, a bipartisan body formed by the Clinton administration to examine U.S. counterterrorism policies.

The remarks drew attention on the same day Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney appeared before the September 11 commission to explain the precautions they took to prevent a terrorist attack after taking office in January 2001.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan did not comment on the Bremer remarks directly.

Isnt this what Clarke and a multitude of others have said?

Q

eg8r
05-03-2004, 06:28 AM
While I don't know anything about the rest of your post and there is no link to go check it out, I will make a comment on just part of it.
[ QUOTE ]
Bremer spoke at the conference shortly after he chaired the National Commission on Terrorism, a bipartisan body formed by the Clinton administration to examine U.S. counterterrorism policies.
<hr /></blockquote> Does this quote not tell you enough about the accuracy of the quote? Since when did Clinton ever form a bipartisan body of anything? If the author cannot get simple facts like this correct, it might lead to question his abilities to tackle the tougher ones.

eg8r

SPetty
05-03-2004, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Does this quote not tell you enough about the accuracy of the quote? Since when did Clinton ever form a bipartisan body of anything? If the author cannot get simple facts like this correct...<hr /></blockquote>"The legislation called for the appointment of 10 commissioners, three selected by the Majority Leader of the Senate, three by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and two each by the Minority Leaders of the Senate and House of Representatives."
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nct/

highsea
05-03-2004, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Isnt this what Clarke and a multitude of others have said?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

BAGHDAD, Iraq L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq, said Sunday he regrets a statement he made more than six months before the Sept. 11 attacks that the Bush administration was "paying no attention" to terrorism.

Bremer said any implied criticism that President Bush was not acting against terrorism was "unfair."

In a statement Sunday, Bremer said his remarks three years ago "reflected my frustration" that none of his commission's recommendations had been implemented by Clinton or the new Bush administration.

"Criticism of the new administration, however, was unfair. President Bush had just been sworn into office and could not reasonably be held responsible for the federal government's inaction over the preceding 7 months," Bremer's Sunday statement said.

"I regret any suggestion to the contrary. In fact, I have since learned that President Bush had shared some of these frustrations, and had initiated a more direct and comprehensive approach to confronting terrorism consistent with the threats outlined in the National Commission report.

The rest of the article (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,118841,00.html)

-CM

highsea
05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
You know Q, it never ceases to amaze me how the left continually attacks Bush over Al Qaeda and 9/11, and never mentions the previous administration, who for 8 years looked the other way.

What's with that? You have to realize that the planning for 9/11 took years, not months. Clinton basically let Al Qaeda off the hook for the '93 WTC attack, the USS Cole, The African Embassies....The one person in the US who could have prevented 9/11 was Bill Clinton!

Dam, son, get your head out of the sand! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> You know Q, it never ceases to amaze me how the left continually attacks Bush over Al Qaeda and 9/11, and never mentions the previous administration, who for 8 years looked the other way.

What's with that? You have to realize that the planning for 9/11 took years, not months. Clinton basically let Al Qaeda off the hook for the '93 WTC attack, the USS Cole, The African Embassies....The one person in the US who could have prevented 9/11 was Bill Clinton!

Dam, son, get your head out of the sand! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
Way to go, highsea! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
05-03-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know Q, it never ceases to amaze me how the left continually attacks Bush over Al Qaeda and 9/11, and never mentions the previous administration, who for 8 years looked the other way.
<hr /></blockquote> Watch out, Cheesy and a few others here hate it when you mention the shortcomings of Clinton. They praise him and feel that whatever he has done should have zero relevance in this day in time. They feel that once he was removed from office, he was free of every bad decision or indecision that was made/not made. Everything is Bush's fault and there should be no reason to even look back in time to Clinton because he could do not wrong. At least that is what it says on their kool aid cups. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Guessing Q will be quiet on this one, or change the subject.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Q

If you don't straighten up Dubya is going to send the Marines for your a$$

http://semperfimarine.com/911mirror.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Q

If you don't straighten up Dubya is going to send the Marines for your a$$

http://semperfimarine.com/911mirror.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
ROFLMFAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
05-03-2004, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> ... At least that is what it says on their kool aid cups. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Lol. I know I'm not going to change anybody's mind, especially Q and the fromage rodent.

I would almost be able to understand Clinton's distractions from National business if the women he was chasing were good looking. I've been to the south, and there are some dam* fine looking women there. You'd think he could have at least had better taste.

-CM

Qtec
05-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Of course you cant hold GW responsible for Clinton's mistakes. The problem is there is now another person that says that this Admin was "paying no attention" to terrorism.
Although he doesnt blame GW for 9/11, it does show that this Admin,s focus was on other matters.

Q

Qtec
05-03-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would almost be able to understand Clinton's distractions from National business <hr /></blockquote>

....like Whitewater[?], Monica...

Maybe he could have done more if he didnt have the Rep lynch mob hounding him.
What happened to BC was nothing short of a coup!

Q

highsea
05-03-2004, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Of course you cant hold GW responsible for Clinton's mistakes. The problem is there is now another person that says that this Admin was "paying no attention" to terrorism.
Although he doesnt blame GW for 9/11, it does show that this Admin,s focus was on other matters.

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

My complaint is that the political left uses these statements to attempt to crucify Bush, when every one of these guys was on the Clinton payroll long before GW was in the picture.

GW inherited an intelligence community severely crippled by 8 years of budget cuts from Bill Clinton.

I agree that Al Qaeda was probably not the number one priority for GW, however, he was working with the intelligence that he had at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, and it's easy to wring your hands and say GW had his priorities backwards, or whatever.

BUT, who should have had a clearer picture of the terror threat, Clinton, who had occupied the White House for 8 years, or GW, who had been there 8 months?

-CM

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 06:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I would almost be able to understand Clinton's distractions from National business <hr /></blockquote>

....like Whitewater[?], Monica...

Maybe he could have done more if he didnt have the Rep lynch mob hounding him.
What happened to BC was nothing short of a coup!

Q <hr /></blockquote>
Geeeeee, I wonder why?

highsea
05-03-2004, 06:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Maybe he could have done more if he didnt have the Rep lynch mob hounding him.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, I'm sure glad the Dems aren't trying to do that to GW! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, but I have a lot of trouble drumming up any sympathy for BC. I think he was the worst president this country has had in my lifetime. (Well, Jimmy Carter was not too swift either.)

I think he (BC) made his own bed and he got to sleep in it.

-CM

Candyman
05-03-2004, 08:50 PM
I think most of us on CCB already have a fairly good idea of how you feel about our current administration. You aren't a citizen here, so it really doesn't matter. I for one could care less what you believe. I do have my own opinion about why you feel the way you do. Could it possibly be because you own Prime Minister, Jan Peter Balkenende, is a conservative who has been compared to the likes of Tony Blair? Please tell us how you feel about him. My gut feeling is that you hate his guts too!

Qtec
05-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Your are absolutely correct.

Balkenende is a maggot.

Q

Qtec
05-04-2004, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think most of us on CCB <font color="blue">You think?? </font color> already have a fairly good idea of how you feel about our current administration. <font color="blue"> apparently according to the latest polls, at least 50% of Americans agree with me </font color> You aren't a citizen here, <font color="blue"> neither are the Canadians!! </font color> so it really doesn't matter. <font color="blue"> Oh I see. One,s opinion only counts if you are a US citizen.!!??? </font color> I for one could care less what you believe. <font color="blue"> If that was true, you wouldnt even have bothered to make this post. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

It may have escaped your notice but the WoT is global.Irak is not situated somewhere between LA and NY.

If you want to elect a snitch/actor or an AWOL/brainless moron to be your President, what do I care? I dont.
Hopefully GW will get kicked out and "normal service will be resumed". /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Consider this,the Saudis knew about the invation of Iraq before Colin Powell[ possibily], Tony Blair and the UN.
In the week after 9/11 all flights were grounded except one. Guess who? Correct, the Saudis.
It has now been established that Saddam was only a threat to his nieghbours. The Saudis and the Israelis.
It has also been established that the US did not have one single spy in Iraq. All their so called evidence came from escaped dissidents or from the Israelis or the Saudis.

If I was you I would be asking myself 'who is really running the country'.

I will tell you this, it certainly ISNT the majority.

Q

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 07:00 AM
Your opinions and beliefs are irrelevant to the running of our country. You do not vote here nor pay taxes here. You are just another foreigner who thinks they know what is best for a country in which you do not reside. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

Qtec
05-04-2004, 07:38 AM
HaHaHaHa.LOL

Stop press: excerpt from a letter sent to George Bush from the Iraqi people.

[ QUOTE ]
Your opinions and beliefs are irrelevant to the running of our country. You do not vote here nor pay taxes here. You are just another foreigner who thinks they know what is best for a country in which you do not reside. <hr /></blockquote>

Kind of hypocritical arent you?

Q

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Nice try at changing the subject, as usual, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a hypocrite. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

highsea
05-04-2004, 10:02 AM
ROFL. Q got you that time NS. Ya walked right into it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I disagree with Q's politics, but I have no desire to silence him.

Do I think he is a bit out of step with us, the west, his own country? yup. I do.

But I like free speech, and I think everyone is entitled to it, even the soft-headed fuzzy thinkers that don't agree with everything I say.

-CM

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> ROFL. Q got you that time NS. Ya walked right into it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
No, because when said country interferes with the rights of free people there is when we have cause to intervene. This is good vs. evil. Which side are we all on?

highsea
05-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Which country are you referring to?

-CM

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Which country are you referring to?

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
Which one do you think?

highsea
05-04-2004, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Which country are you referring to?

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
Which one do you think? <hr /></blockquote>

I asked you first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 10:28 AM
So? I asked you second. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

highsea
05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> No, because when said country interferes with the rights of free people there is when we have cause to intervene. This is good vs. evil. Which side are we all on? <hr /></blockquote>

Never mind. I just didn't understand your reply here, and was asking you to clarify a bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-CM

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Iraq. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

highsea
05-04-2004, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> Iraq. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, ok. I thought maybe you meant Canada.

-CM~~thinks this thread is getting kind of fuzzy too.

Candyman
05-04-2004, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I think most of us on CCB <font color="blue">You think?? </font color> already have a fairly good idea of how you feel about our current administration. <font color="blue"> apparently according to the latest polls, at least 50% of Americans agree with me </font color> You aren't a citizen here, <font color="blue"> neither are the Canadians!! </font color> so it really doesn't matter. <font color="blue"> Oh I see. One,s opinion only counts if you are a US citizen.!!??? </font color> I for one could care less what you believe. <font color="blue"> If that was true, you wouldnt even have bothered to make this post. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

It may have escaped your notice but the WoT is global.Irak is not situated somewhere between LA and NY.

If you want to elect a snitch/actor or an AWOL/brainless moron to be your President, what do I care? I dont.
Hopefully GW will get kicked out and "normal service will be resumed". /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Consider this,the Saudis knew about the invation of Iraq before Colin Powell[ possibily], Tony Blair and the UN.
In the week after 9/11 all flights were grounded except one. Guess who? Correct, the Saudis.
It has now been established that Saddam was only a threat to his nieghbours. The Saudis and the Israelis.
It has also been established that the US did not have one single spy in Iraq. All their so called evidence came from escaped dissidents or from the Israelis or the Saudis.

If I was you I would be asking myself 'who is really running the country'.

I will tell you this, it certainly ISNT the majority.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you for setting me straight Q! I owe you a hugh apology. What you and Balkenende think matters greatly. I want to take this opportunity to thank you both for supporting Bush and the war effort in Iraq. By joining the coalition and sending your fellow countrymen to fight is greatly appreciated. I know you say a lot of controversial things at times, but actions are more powerful than words. Just knowing you are there for us makes me feel so much better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif