PDA

View Full Version : open minds...

bluewolf
05-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Open minds, based on limited knowlege of the whole, see good and bad in republicans vs democrats and other forms of governments and economic systems.

Some see only bad about the opposing party or economic system, seeing none of the good.

Which camp are u in?

"Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open"

Not decided on how to vote yet, seeing the good and the bad and still listening and reading.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
05-03-2004, 07:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> "Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open"

<font color="blue">then again if you leave your mind open someone is going to come by and pour garbage into it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Not decided on how to vote yet, seeing the good and the bad and still listening and reading.

<font color="blue"> I hope you are reading something in addition to Mr. Clarke's book. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

t411
05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Open minds, based on limited knowlege of the whole, see good and bad in republicans vs democrats and other forms of governments and economic systems.

Some see only bad about the opposing party or economic system, seeing none of the good.

Which camp are u in?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Hi Laura, do you think that maybe all of this is what keeps us all in check? There are people on the fare right and fare left in every thing. I mean if the save the whale people did not do their thing, crazy as some of the things that they do, there might not be any whales. Im not a save the whale person but I think they have their place.
Same as the ACLU, they can go to the extreme. What if they did not do their thing? I think they have their place to keep people in check, if you will. If we did not have all these religious fundo people would this country have any morals? I dont know.
Which camp are u in?. Im always search for the truth. Its always important for people to know the truth. What party do you think is honest with the people?
</font color>

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 07:53 AM
The problem is that neither of the two main parties are 100% honest. It would be a nightmare to try to prove which one is more honest than the other and weigh the issues which they are more honest on and so on......

moblsv
05-03-2004, 08:04 AM
good points t411

Often those people on the far ends, who we might think are crazy, really do know something we don't. That is all the more reason to keep an open mind.

"Save the Whale" people - I just happened to watch a lecture by a biologist last night who explained, in detail, how deep sea fishing in a certain area was practically wiping out some species of birds. Seems crazy until you see all the evidence. Deep Sea fishing destroying bird populations?

ACLU - as the name says they protect civil liberties. They may be fighting for the rights of a church in illinois while protecting a citizen FROM a church in Utah at the same time. The are targets for attacks from the closed minded by the vary nature of what they do, which is stand up against the powers that be to give the small guy a voice.

I'm sure conservatives are good for something too. I'm still trying to figure out what /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif j/k No, really, I listen to Hannity and Rush quite often so I can see where they are coming from and agree with them on several issues.

Even if I don't agree with something, I thinks it is important to know why I don't agree and not just dismiss something just because I don't feel good about it.

cheesemouse
05-03-2004, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Open minds, based on limited knowlege of the whole, see good and bad in republicans vs democrats and other forms of governments and economic systems.

Which camp are u in?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

Blue,

It could be argued that the creation of this free and independant country (USA) was the result of open minds. Free thinkers from all over the globe ended up coming here because they hoped for a new start to be what they wanted to be. Free thinking was cut off where they were at, they didn't fit in anymore so they rolled the dice. The melting pot of all these intelligent, brave, and open minded folks came up with the Constitution; the best document ever written. Our fore-fathers warned us to be ever vigilant and alert to governments propencity to assume power and never relinguish power. The Consitution is not the government, it is your protection FROM the government...One must keep and open mind so our living document (the Constitution ) can change with the times ( the collective minded of the people ). The Flat Earth Society still exists and is a good example of what the closed mind will get you...

...People who blindly trust the government, any government are the very same people who will give away your liberty, the hard won liberty we all enjoy...

[ QUOTE ]
Wally says: "then again if you leave your mind open someone is going to come by and pour garbage into it"<hr /></blockquote>

...Wally may not change the garbage in his own mind but I change mine weekly.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-03-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Wally says: "then again if you leave your mind open someone is going to come by and pour garbage into it"<hr /></blockquote>

...Wally may not change the garbage in his own mind but I change mine weekly. <hr /></blockquote>

Apparently my pathetic attempt at humor was not written clearly enough.

pooltchr
05-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Laura,
The truth is rarely found by listening, but rather by observation. Both parties will tell you what they think you want to hear. Rather than listening, I find that looking at what someone has already done tells you more about who they really are. I am in the Human Resources field, and we have a philosophy that Past Activity is the best indicator of Future Performance.

Reminds me of the old joke, How can you tell if a political candidate is lying? His lips are moving!

Steve---thinks with all the millions of people in this country, we should be able to come up with better options that we are getting in our leaders.

bluewolf
05-03-2004, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nightstalker:</font><hr> The problem is that neither of the two main parties are 100% honest. It would be a nightmare to try to prove which one is more honest than the other and weigh the issues which they are more honest on and so on...... <hr /></blockquote>

I do see this. And yeah I am reading the clarke book and any other suggestions? But no rush limbaugh please. Now I am quite biased about that person. teehee

Laura