PDA

View Full Version : Partial verdict on the Mr Clean Eraser!!

Barbara
05-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Sorry, I should've made a new post instead of tailing Troy's thread.

So here goes:

I used this cleaner on my shafts two weeks ago and then burnished them with Steve Mizerak's Cue Wiz. Today I went to see my Cueman for new tips. I brought an eraser with me for him.

So after the tips get put on, he usually cleans and seals my shafts. Only this time he didn't have to clean my shafts since they were pretty damn clean. And it was fortuitous that I had used the eraser and then got the shafts sealed. That's what Mr. Cueman recommended - get the shafts sealed after using it. He said that the fibers probably got raised a bit and it was a good thing to burnish afterward, but sealing them would be best. And don't use this too often either. Maybe twice a year or just before you go see someone for tips and they do the "full service" on your shafts afterward.

So maybe he'll share more after he uses it on a pretty filthy shaft that was there in his shop.

Barbara~~~saw lots of eye candy today... yum, yum, yum...

SpiderMan
05-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Barbara,

Since he specifically said to seal the shafts after erasing, what does your cue guy recommend for the sealing operation? Everyone seems to have a different favorite elixir.

SpiderMan

Barbara
05-04-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> cue guy <hr /></blockquote>

CueMAN.

Spidey,

He uses a wax to seal the shafts. The stuff you use sounds good. Can't go wrong with carnuba wax.

Barbara

SpiderMan
05-04-2004, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> cue guy <hr /></blockquote>

CueMAN.
<hr /></blockquote>

Eh? OK, I see now, I used the noun, you used the name .... CueMAN is your cue guy, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan