PDA

View Full Version : Why Kerry Won't Release Wife's Tax Returns

Nightstalker
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Why Kerry Won't Release Wife's Tax Returns

Monday, May 3, 2004 3:55 p.m. EDT

Even one of Sen. John Kerry's most vocal cheerleaders, the New York Times, wants him to release his wife's tax returns. So why risk escalating the controversy by refusing?

The Massachusetts Democrat is turning himself into another Geraldine Ferraro, according to Weekly Standard in an article headlined "Sugar Mommy,” because Teresa Heinz Kerry’s returns would reveal a "treasure trove of opposition research,” as one Republican lawyer put it.

Most damaging revelation: "The extent to which Kerry is a ‘kept man.’... Boston journalists have long wondered how Kerry was able to get such plum mortgages on his Senator's income. The answer is simple. His wife is worth nearly $550 million.”

Just as humiliating: "It would also strike a blow against Kerry’s populist rhetoric by detailing the lavish lifestyle” – the five mansions and estates, the embarrassing (for a wannabe "environmentalist”) jet and other fuel guzzlers, etc.

Mrs. K's donations to left-wing organizations, perhaps including those that are viciously attacking the president with hysterical allegations.
President Bush is not raising the issue, whereas his father helped lead the criticism of Ferraro’s secretive husband, John Zaccaro, in 1984.

But if even the Times has joined the media voices that have turned against Kerry on this issue, the fuss will not go away.

nAz
05-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Dude why should he?

More important question we should all be asking Why does Cheney want to keep the identity of the energy task force a secret?

Qtec
05-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Exactly...and why is he still getting paid by Haliburton?

Q

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Let's stay on topic here boys, k? If you want to chat about Cheney then make your own thread and don't jack mine. Thanks.

Qtec
05-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Kerry is a public servant, his wife isnt.

I would like to know how much GW has got in the bank. That would be much more illuminating.

Q

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Is Kerry not married? I think that he is, which means that his wife's assets are no less than 50% his. Aren't there marital asset laws in the Netherlands? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

eg8r
05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kerry is a public servant, his wife isnt. <hr /></blockquote> What is the reasoning for this statement? Would Kerry's wife be a public servant should Kerry win the election? At that point do you think it would be relevant to show her returns? Don't you think at that point it might be a bit late? Shouldn't those poor disadvantaged family's, whose vote will be for the man (and wife) whom they most closely identify, have a clear image of the man in which they are voting for?

Never mind, you will not give a straight answer anyways, you don't care if she shows them or not, you just want Bush to lose. I just can't wait for the next 4 years to hear what you have to say.

eg8r

Qtec
05-04-2004, 07:13 AM
I,m pretty sure he signed a pre-nuptualand I,m sure he is not short of cash!.

Q

Qtec
05-04-2004, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Kerry is a public servant, his wife isnt. <hr /></blockquote> What is the reasoning for this statement? Would Kerry's wife be a public servant should Kerry win the election? <font color="blue"> Only if she gets paid for it. </font color> At that point do you think it would be relevant to show her returns? <font color="blue">Why? </font color> Don't you think at that point it might be a bit late? Shouldn't those poor disadvantaged family's, whose vote will be for the man (and wife) whom they most closely identify, have a clear image of the man in which they are voting for? <font color="blue"> Do you think you are the only one who knows that Mrs Kelly is rich? </font color>

Never mind, you will not give a straight answer anyways, you don't care if she shows them or not, you just want Bush to lose. I just can't wait for the next 4 years to hear what you have to say. <font color="blue"> LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Q

eg8r
05-04-2004, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think you are the only one who knows that Mrs Kelly is rich?
<hr /></blockquote> I do not even know who she is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
05-04-2004, 08:33 AM
I heard Mrs. Kerry has no idea how a common man lives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
She must be like an older version of Paris Hilton. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I heard Mrs. Kerry has no idea how a common man lives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
She must be like an older version of Paris Hilton. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
"What's a Wal-Mart? What's a well?" - Paris Hilton /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
05-04-2004, 09:37 AM
The other day JK went from Washington to Boston and back on a chartered 727. When I read that, I was wondering, "where was his Gulfstream, why a 727, rather than say a 737 or even something more modest like a King Air 350?"

That one trip on the two-seven would have put gas in his wife's burb for a year.

LOL. I would like to see Teresa's tax return, just to see how much she gave to move-on this year.

BTW, did you catch Gore's little move the other day? He gave 4 million dollars from his campaign legal fund to the DNC.

-CM