PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Warren

Qtec
05-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Tycoon aids Kerry White House bid

By Stephen Evans
BBC's North America correspondent in Omaha

Investor Warren Buffett, the world's second richest man, is to help Senator John Kerry's campaign to remove President Bush from the White House.
Mr Buffett, worth some $40bn, said he disagreed profoundly with Mr Bush's tax cuts for rich people like him.

"He (Bush) just has a different political philosophy than I do" Mr Buffett told the BBC.

Mr Buffett is pragmatic and endorses individuals and policies rather than parties.

"The sage of Omaha", as Mr Buffett is sometimes known, advised Arnold Schwarzenegger when he won in California as a republican.

Not 'a good idea'

"In tax, policies have been tilted very much towards the rich, <font color="blue"> eg8r, this isnt what you told me. </font color> and I think that when the tax cuts took place they should have been far more for the middle class and people in poor economic status," Mr Buffett said.

"Instead, I got... more money in my pocket because of the tax change and I don't think it's a good idea," he added.

I like Warren. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

moblsv
05-04-2004, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
"In tax, policies have been tilted very much towards the rich, <font color="blue"> eg8r, this isnt what you told me. </font color><hr /></blockquote>

Warren must have done the math. Take the time to look and it's obvious. Unless you believe that people should pay a fix amount rather than a percentage.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Just like a Hollywood actor, Buffet carries around guilt because he has all that money.

Nightstalker
05-04-2004, 08:53 AM
"I don't deserve all this money." - Warren Buffet

My suggestion, donate it to some decent charities and quit your incessant whining. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

eg8r
05-04-2004, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In tax, policies have been tilted very much towards the rich, <font color="blue"> eg8r, this isnt what you told me. </font color> <hr /></blockquote> Why don't you tell me what I told you.

eg8r