PDA

View Full Version : Black scuff marks on balls.

stickman
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
I have to clean black scuff marks on all the balls every week. I suspect it is the pocket facings on the Valley tables. The one ball and the 9 ball are by far the worst. I don't know why those two balls? I just tell you what I see. I've tried different polishes but it makes no difference. Does anyone else ever observe this? I have to believe it is the pocket facings themselves. I wonder if there is anything I can do to them. Another thought I have is since I wipe the cloth after vacuuming with a light mist of glass cleaner, I wonder if the cleaner could cause the facings to become softer? These black marks are driving me crazy. Ideas?

stickman
05-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I inspected the pocket linings tonight and found no stickness or softness. Am I the only one who has this problem? I may try some armorall on one of the tables to see if it helps.

Chris Cass
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi Jim,

It's the pocket liners for sure. They also happen on Diamonds too. The dye in the case of the Diamond tables but rubber for the Valley'. The majority of the maks happen that are really bad are from the players shooting the balls in without using the cb first.

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't think armoral will do nothing positive.

SPetty
05-05-2004, 05:36 AM
I wonder how the magic sponge works on cleaning those balls?

Chris Cass
05-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Hi SPetty,

Just curious. How's your jump shot? Is it improving? PM me.

Regards,

C.C.

catscradle
05-05-2004, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I wonder how the magic sponge works on cleaning those balls? <hr /></blockquote>

Somebody in another thread, somewhere (RSB maybe) said he tried it for cleaning the balls and it worked nicely.

Frank_Glenn
05-05-2004, 06:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I wonder how the magic sponge works on cleaning those balls? <hr /></blockquote>
Yes, it works well for this.

#### leonard
05-05-2004, 06:54 AM
I have heard that todays pocket liners can't compare with the old liners used on Gold Crown 1. Cover your pockets with duct tape for a week and see if they stay clean.####