PDA

View Full Version : Pool over the pond

Keith Talent
05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Howdy all,

I'm heading over to England and Scotland in a couple of weeks and am hoping to work in some playing there. From the Web, I see "American pool" and 9 ball have been catching on, and I'm wondering if any of youse have any tales to tell of billiards in Blighty.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
http://www.mosconicup.com/forum/

There are quite a few Brits that visit this forum. And at least one guy from Scotland ("cardman", he's a CCBer too)

"buckster_uk" and "Big Dave" are pretty sporty Brit players.

Scott Lee
05-05-2004, 08:47 AM
I have a woman student who is flying to Montana, from England, for a week of lessons at the end of this month. She is quite knowledgeable about pool in the UK. If you PM or email me with the areas you'll be visiting, I'll see if she can direct you to some good places to play.

Scott Lee

Keith Talent
05-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the tip, Wally. My game might be in the distant suburbs of sporty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thecardman
05-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Keith

Let me know where you are going and when you will be there and I can TRY to let you know what is in the area.

If, however, you do not have any firm plans as yet, let me know where you are wanting to go and we can take it from there.

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#### leonard
05-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Your going to Snooker Heaven. When in Rome do as the Romans do.####

RedHell
05-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I second that...

I'm always amzed when I visit my inlaws and I go shoot some snooker borther in law. Walking in a snooker hall where sixteen twelve footers welcome you is quite impressive....

Keith Talent
05-07-2004, 05:28 PM
####,

Heaven, you say? And I LOVE flat beer, too!

Really, suppose I'll have to give it a try ... my only experience with the game is a few attempts on what I guess is considered a golf table here. Supertight pockets, but not much longer than 9 feet, if at all. Did beat my teacher in first-ever game, though!

Still, I barely have enough focus to survive a short game of 14.1, let alone putter around on ye olde green-felt aircraft carrier.

#### leonard
05-09-2004, 12:55 PM
My first experience with snooker was a 26 table room in Montreal. It was enormus. ####

Chris Cass
05-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Eat dates? hahahah J/K ####.

Regards,

C.C.~~man I like this #### Leonard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Mine was at Chris' Billiards in Chicago but the most fun I had was playing 6 ball for money on a snooker table. They closed that place down due to lack of business. It was in downtown Savanna, GA.

I played again in Germany on a 6x12 and they had sticks to go with the table. I felt like an ant playing. LOL At that time they played a lot of 14.1 and They wern't bad by any means.

Regards,

C.C.

Buckster_uk
05-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Hi guys,

Yeah pool is taking off over here. We recently had the World Championship Qualifier for UK Tour players, a guy called James Kay won it.

If you are looking for action, London is your best bet. Look for pool clubs around Victoria, some money flies around there most nights.

We have 2 tours over here, plus a regional tour in Cambridge which is very well attended.

Good luck in finding some tournaments!