PDA

View Full Version : Capone Cue Review

JPB
05-04-2004, 10:19 PM
OK, I think I have a cue I will like for a while. Got one of the capones from Billiard Warehouse. BW was great to deal with. They knew their product, shipped it as promised, no problems etc... The cue is fantastic. Excellent balance. Excellent feel. Excellent craftsmanship. Great points and veneer. Great rings. Looks good. I like it. Plays better than I do of course. Just so obviously well made when you hit them it's scary. I think I may get a 1X2 case for it, because I don't know if I want to carry any break or jump cues. If I can't do it w/ this cue, maybe I don't want to try. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you don't have a capone, you are missing out.

Chris Cass
05-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I talked with him the other day. He's quite a nice guy too. Happy for you and your new Capone. Post a pic.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

aminoacid5
05-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Same here. Spoke to him the other day and see if he is willing to make a custom cue for me. He sounded extremely personable and not arrogant at all. Hopefully he will reply on my request.

Nightstalker
05-05-2004, 07:49 AM
I have admired Capone's beautiful work ever since I first learned of them over a year ago. Congrats! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

daviddjmp
05-05-2004, 09:20 AM
I got my Capone from Mike in January and haven't played with another cue since. His cues are beautiful and play great. Good luck with yours!

catscradle
05-05-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr>
If you don't have a capone, you are missing out. <hr /></blockquote>

I think there are a number of very good custom cue makers who might debate that point. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
05-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Agreed. I play with a Capone too. I love the hit and balance. Seems like fans of Capone are kinda like fans of Southwest. When Jerry Franklin first started making cues, it seemed like the players were the ones that loved the cue for the way it plays. That's not to take away from the detail and craftsmanship, but I bought my Capone solely for the way it plays. I could care less what it looks like.

Eric

JPB
05-05-2004, 07:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr>

I think there are a number of very good custom cue makers who might debate that point. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Then they should send me a cue to prove me wrong. I will admit it if I am. But all sent cues become the property of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
05-05-2004, 10:16 PM

"I think I may get a 1X2 case for it, because I don't know if I want to carry any break or jump cues. If I can't do it w/ this cue, maybe I don't want to try."

I don't really understand that comment. You can jump a ball from a few inches with the Capone cue, and if you can't, you will just kick and lose?

Chris Cass
05-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Sure wish one of you guys post a pic.

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SteveEllis
05-06-2004, 05:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr> OK, I think I have a cue I will like for a while. Got one of the capones from Billiard Warehouse. BW was great to deal with. They knew their product, shipped it as promised, no problems etc... The cue is fantastic. Excellent balance. Excellent feel. Excellent craftsmanship. Great points and veneer. Great rings. Looks good. I like it. Plays better than I do of course. Just so obviously well made when you hit them it's scary. I think I may get a 1X2 case for it, because I don't know if I want to carry any break or jump cues. If I can't do it w/ this cue, maybe I don't want to try. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've never held a Capone in my life, but a couple of people have told me they were inconsistent. One would be great, another might not be.
Anybody else ever heard that?

Chris Cass
05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Nope, I can't see how unless they're talking SS joint Vs Wood to wood? I have heard this about Pfd cues but I don't think much of it. I go by what I know.

C.C.~~judges hits by feel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pizza Bob
05-06-2004, 02:32 PM
I have four Capones and they hit amazingly consistantly. I can tell the difference between early ones and later ones, and also between different joint set-ups (all are 3/8" x 7.5 pin into wood, but I have one that is sleeved w/SS that hit's a little differently). Mike has made changes over the years that only help playability - like coring, threaded short, capped ferrules and laminate grips - so there may be some differences, but they all play great.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

JPB
05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> quote

"I think I may get a 1X2 case for it, because I don't know if I want to carry any break or jump cues. If I can't do it w/ this cue, maybe I don't want to try."

I don't really understand that comment. You can jump a ball from a few inches with the Capone cue, and if you can't, you will just kick and lose?

<hr /></blockquote>

2 things to understand. (1)I play bad anyway. (2) You take my post a little too literally.

Popcorn
05-06-2004, 09:25 PM
That is OK My wife tell me I have no sense of humor.