PDA

View Full Version : Chicago - This Weekend on The Viking Tour

MikeJanis
05-05-2004, 01:41 AM
The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Is Coming To Downtown Chicago - BE THERE !
To: G-CUE Restaurant and Billiards "Downtown Chicago's Newest Billiard
Room"

Mike Janis will be the Director of this event.

The Player auction will start at 1:15pm PROMPTLY on Saturday.
"""BRING YOUR BANKROLL"""

May 8-9, at 1pm
G-CUE RESTAURANT & BILLIARDS
(***Grand Opening Tournament***)
Downtown Chicagos Newest Rool Room
157 NORTH MORGAN
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60607
312-850-3170
$1,000 ADDED
RACE TO 7 ON 9' TABLES
The Tournament Director for this event is Mike Janis

G-Cue Reataurant and Billiards features an upscale restaurant and bar and 26
pool tables.
The event will be played on 13 tables in the upstairs area.
we will be using the newest Aramith "Pro Cup" balls with the 6 red dot cue
balls.

The entry fees for the above event is $35.
The entry fee include $10 for table time/registration fee.
There will also be a Player Auction at this event
and the minimum bid will be $10.
The player auction is optional by player.
There is also a $20 tour card fee per tour year.

The above event will be a $1,000 added 9-ball tournaments,
race to (***7***), double elimination,
played under World Standardized Rules.
Entrance to the tournaments are not restricted to anyone
("Anyone can Play").

Women and JR players get FREE entry fees to these events.
They must buy the yearly tour card.

***$20 Viking Tour Card Qualifies all Members to be eligible to play in all
Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour Events for the 2004 Season which includes all
$5,000.00 Added Regional Championships and the $25,000.00 Added National
Championship.

Support Our Awesome Sponsors.
Just click on there link below to show that you SUPPORT YOUR SPORT !

For a complete listing with lib\nks tour or spoonsors. Please email Vikingtour@sbcglobal.net with the subject line "SPONSORS"

Respectfully,

--
Mike Janis
The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour
1-800-200-POOL
vikingtour@sbcglobal.net
Viking Tour Information - link below
http://www.vikingcue.com/9balltour.htm
All events Played With Standardized Rules
http://www.wpa-pool.com/rules.htm

dmgwalsh
05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Who won the one at Pockets last week? Who finished in the money? Dennis

MikeJanis
05-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Results from AZbilliards........

Barraks repeats in Crestwood
Ninety two players descended on the brand new Pockets Billiards in Crestwood, IL for last weekend's Viking Tour stop.

It was a new tournament, but the same results as the previous weekend as Jamie Barraks went through the field undefeated for the tournament win.

Barraks collected $1640 for first, while Gil Hernandez pocketed $1050 for second. Tom Stathis Jr and Ike Runnels filled out the top four spots.

The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour will be at G-Cue Restaurant and Billiards in Chicago this weekend for another grand opening event. Tour director Mike Janis will be in Chicago running this event.

Complete Payouts:
1st James Barraks $1,640
2nd Gil Hernandez $1,050
3rd Tom Stathis Jr. $695
4th Ike Runnels $275
5th/6th Duane Tuula, Keith Svitanek $150
7th/8th Luis Colon, Paul Navarrete $90
9th/12th Eddie Balderas, Tom Spencer, Chuck Hall, Rich Kryfka $70
13th/16th Glenn Rogers, Edward Grau, Gordy Vanderveer, Henry Brodt $50

By AzB Staff - May 05, 2004

Chris Cass
05-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Ah yes, the Baraks tour. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leviathan
05-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi, Chris--you gonna play?

--Alan

Chris Cass
05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Alan,

Seriously thinking about it. Heide has to work so I might just take Spike and go. He plays for free entry which is good but I'll have to buy a tour card for both. That, I don't like but I understand why it needs to be done.

I'm looking at $75. plus food. I eat like a bird and Spike eats like there's no tomorrow. LOL I'm confident I'll take home some money but with gas, entry and food I might just break even? Maybe, I'll look around here for something that's a quick hit. I can always shoot in a bar tourney but I hate to leave Spike at my ph. He'd be ok and knows what and what not to do but I like to keep him close.

Thanks for asking,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Alan,

After thinking about it awhile, I just might attend. It'll give me a chance to meet and talk with Mr. Janis. Been wanting to talk with him about his future tour dates. After attending Bob and Eydie' event in Joliet it got me thinking.

Bob' ended up with only fourty players instead of the full field of 128 as expected. Mike had his event going on at the same time. Not representing Bob and Eydie but more or less me as a player. When I attend an event. I like to see a full field. It helps us players and everyone benifits.

I don't know if Mike' event had a full field or not. I'd like to see if they can support eachothers events so not to split the field up. Then both, would be an success. Although I really don't speak for the Ramono'. I've known Bob for many years and he thinks also in a players mentality. He's for the player.

Mike has been established in this tour and is respected my many, including myself. I'd just like to see all of us, get the most bang out of our bucks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm curious as to Mike' thoughts?

Regards,

C.C.

Leviathan
05-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Sounds great, Chris. That kind of coordination should help everyone. On another note: it must be nice living in an area where there are so many tournaments and other pool events. Opportunities are kinda scarce around here. Have a good time, amigo!

AS

Bob
05-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Chris~ looking forward to seeing you and Spike this weekend. Please give us a call if you are definatly going to attend.

As far as tournaments being scheduled on top of each other, thank you for bringing up this issue. Either Bob or I will be addressing it with Mike so it does not happen again.

Dennis~ hope to see you this weekend too, and again, many thanks for the tapes, we have enjoyed watching them.

Eydie

rukiddingme
05-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Hope you can attend. I'll know what my schedule is later this evening. I'm either going to see Sailor in Racine on Saturday or I'll see Sailor at the tournament.
Regardless of what happens you may want to take the opportunity to introduce Spike to Chris's...as you know, it is a lot different than Leisure time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ruk

Chris Cass
05-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Ruk,

I would but it's not a tough enough atmosphere for Spike. He plays bloody knuckles you know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey, sounds good. It's the best for all of us. IMHO Haven't got a clue this minute but we might go.

Regards,

C.C.~~Eydie' a sweety.

MikeJanis
05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
I hope everyone can make this weekends event. please introduce yourself to me. I'll be the one talking on the microphone a lot.

As far as the events on top of each other,,,,,,
I always try my best not to book any events on top of other tournaments. I designed a program to keep track of other events so it won't happen but it isn't flawless. On the Viking tour we always try to book our events no more than 6 weeks out so we can see what is going on in a particular region and book our events around them. Unfortunately, I didn't have the info about Bob's event or missed it when I booked our event that weekend.

On the brighter side...... it's a good thing that so many places and promoters are doing events that this happens so much. More events is only better for the players. As a player I think it would be the nuts if I always had 3 or 4 different $1,000 addeed events to choose from each weekend in my area. But that's still just a dream away.

Mj

dmgwalsh
05-08-2004, 04:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob:</font><hr>
Dennis~ hope to see you this weekend too, and again, many thanks for the tapes, we have enjoyed watching them.

Eydie <hr /></blockquote>

Eydie- Very nice meeting both you and Bob. I'm probably not going to make the tournament this weekend. Chores around the house. I went to G-Cue Wednesday for lunch and a couple hours of pool. Nice place. good tables. Good food. Dennis

Chris Cass
05-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi Mike,

It's my hope you do have your dream come true. I think all of us would. LOL Thanks for the reply and sounds like a nice program. Looking forward to meeting you.

Regards,

C.C.