View Full Version : POSTCARD FROM THE ROAD

PQQLK9
05-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Posted on Wed, May. 05, 2004

POSTCARD FROM THE ROAD

By DWAIN PRICE

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Greetings from San Antonio,

I had the shock of my life Monday night when I sat at the bar of this popular San Antonio nightspot.

Remarkably, sitting three chairs to my left was a guy I haven't seen in over 30 years. A guy who was the first college roommate I ever had.

As Bob Hamilton kept saying he knew me, I kept saying to myself: "Sure you do, buddy. And I know Halle Berry."

Then a few moments later, Bob said: "Dwain Price. You're Dwain Price. You were my roommate at Schreiner Junior College in Kerrville."

Man, was I floored.

While Bob looked a little old for his age -- I'm still relatively young and handsome -- it was indeed him. And me. Some 30 years later. In the same bar!

Bob and I sat and talked about old times. About how we used to sit in the graveyard behind the dormitory and tell old war stories, or spend Friday nights with our friends shooting pool in the school recreation center, then eat breakfast in the cafeteria and go to bed.

Bob -- he was Bobby back in the day -- now works as the general manager of Fast Eddie's World Class Billiards in San Antonio. It was good to see him again, although he's got to do something about that gray hair.

Back together again with Bob,

Dwain

Wally_in_Cincy
05-05-2004, 08:08 AM
It's a small world. I was in Midland TX in 1982 exiting the Piggly Wiggly when I ran into old friend Steve Hughes from Fairfield OH who was entering the store.