PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn sensation opts for NBA draft

nAz
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
I played against him two summers back, the kids got moves he is quick has a good cross over, can throw it down and is great shot maker not bad for 6 ft. But he could not hold me (Who can?) i think he needs work on his defence he is not as strong as his cousin Stephon Marbury.

From staff and wire reports

Brooklyn basketball sensation Sebastian Telfair declared his eligibility for the NBA draft on Tuesday, ending months of speculation about his future.

The 18-year-old point guard, a projected first-round pick, had committed to Louisville, but signed with an agent and picked up a six-year endorsement deal with Adidas. Telfair said it was worth more than $15 million.

"I'm on cloud-40 right now," Telfair said. "My dreams have come true and all my goals have come true."

At 6-feet, he would become the shortest high school player ever selected in the draft, a challenge Telfair is prepared for.

"I've been dealing with my size all my life," Telfair said. "It hasn't stopped me yet and it's not going to stop me now."

Telfair moved up the projected draft board considerably after a spectacular senior season at Lincoln High School, earning a McDonald's All-American appearance and a Sports Illustrated cover story.

He outplayed possible No. 1 draft pick Dwight Howard in a February game against Southwest Christian Academy, scoring 30 points and hitting a game-winning 3-pointer as time expired.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-05-2004, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
...The 18-year-old point guard, a projected first-round pick, had committed to Louisville, but signed with an agent.... <hr /></blockquote>

and I bet Pitino is pissed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
...The 18-year-old point guard, a projected first-round pick, had committed to Louisville, but signed with an agent.... <hr /></blockquote>

and I bet Pitino is pissed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ya Pitino called it right back in late March...

"Tuesday on Terry Meiners' radio show on 84 WHAS, Pitino essentially told the popular talk show host that Telfair would not play for the Cardinals next season.

"It's just a guess on my part but it's probably as good as any," Pitino said. "But he [Telfair] will not play for us at the University of Louisville. He will enter the NBA Draft."

"The thinking is that if he's drafted in the top 17 positions would you take it?" Pitino continued. "And probably have the marketability to have a good shoe deal and thats what he's looking at."

Telfair is projected to be one of the top 15-20 in this June's NBA Draft and is expected to sign a lucrative shoe endorsement contract."

eg8r
05-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I say go for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are quite a few high school kids turned pro that are doing mighty well for themselves (there are also just as many not doing so well). A good example would be Kevin Garnett. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If this was football, I would say heck no, go get an education. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r