PDA

View Full Version : IVOR-X FERRULES

BLACKHEART
05-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Our discusions have prompted a customer of mine, to orgder an IVOR-X ferrule, on the Q I'm making him. The problem is I don't even know where to buy them. HELP...JER

Rich R.
05-05-2004, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> Our discusions have prompted a customer of mine, to orgder an IVOR-X ferrule, on the Q I'm making him. The problem is I don't even know where to buy them. HELP...JER <hr /></blockquote>
Someone posted this link the other day, Jer.
http://cuesforless.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&amp;Category_Code=parts

I would go with the ivory, but, when in business, the customer is always right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cycopath
05-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey Jer,

Please let us know what you think about the ferrule after you do the install. I've been very curious about them myself.

Thanks.

Jay
05-05-2004, 10:41 AM
talk to Cueless Joey, he works with Zylr and he knows where to get the ivory-x ferrules

Popcorn
05-05-2004, 10:56 AM
This is supposed to be the guy that produces them. Unfortunately he has yet to ever answer an e-mail.
zylrcue@yahoo.com

From the picture they look a little translucent like linen melamine. I suspect that is what they may be. The cost of developing a new product is very very expensive. I am quite sure they are just a stock item with an invented name. Either way, I would have to have it in rod form I have no interest in buying pre made ferrules.

Popcorn
05-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Here is a quote from Mike Webb regarding ivor-x.
"I bought some of the ivory x.
Played with it for a while and chose not to offer it on my cues.
I offer melamine, ivory. If the customer request I'll do aegis. The other ferrules are strictly for repairs"

Popcorn
05-05-2004, 11:27 AM
"I would go with the ivory, but, when in business, the customer is always right."

In most cases when it come to cues they know nothing, that is why they rely on the cue maker to know best. In fact, here is a guy buying what is probably a pretty expensive cue, who is influenced to changing his order based on reading a few post on an Internet board. I would say he does not know much about what he wants. Tomorrow he will be changing the order to a shorted cue if someone starts a thread expounding the virtues of shorter cues. You would not believe what it is like to deal with some people. They change the order a dozen times before the cue is finished. That is why so many cuemakers don't like taking orders but prefer to just build cues and offer them up for sale. There are quite a few dealers that sell Scruggs and other high end cues. Most cue makers would rather sell the cue to a dealer for a little less, then have to deal with most of these wackos who call. Scruggs told me at one point he was going to quit, just as a result of having to deal with the nuts out there, he was actually getting sick from it.

crawdaddio
05-05-2004, 11:27 AM
I am not sure what they're made of, and I can't give a scientific review of them, but I can say that I REALLY enjoy the way my zylr (w/ivor-x) responds and feels when I hit the cb. I know that has to do with ALOT more than the ferrules, but I just thought I'd put in a couple pennies.
BTW, Kerry replied to all of my emails within 24 hours, maybe he's just really busy.
David /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Popcorn
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Is that the correct address?

crawdaddio
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I believe it is, I'm sure cueless joey could confirm though.

Cueless Joey
05-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Jer, you can get them at cuesforless.com at Cues4less (http://www.cuesforless.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?)

charlieb
05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I'll PM cueless joey tonight and let him know his help is needed. The e-mail address I have for Kerry is Zylrcue@juno.com. 714-750-2837. Last I heard his waiting time was about 1 1/4 yrs. Joey knows where to get the rods.

charlieb
05-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Ooops!! You are really quick Joey.

Cueless Joey
05-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Pop, Zeiler is at zylrcue@yahoo.com.
He is quite busy. He has over two years of cues that need to be made.
And there are a ton of wackos around. They show up at the shop or they call and want magic wands. I know one guy who has changed his order a dozen times like you mentioned.
I know one local nut here who drove Tim Scruggs nuts. He weighed his shafts. One weighed 2 tenths of an ounce less so he called Tim. Tim told him to send the cue back and he'll refund his money.

crawdaddio
05-06-2004, 06:30 AM
He just replied to an email this morning.

zylrcue@yahoo.com is correct.

David

BLACKHEART
05-06-2004, 07:02 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifKerry Zeiler e-mailed me this morning. THANKS, TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP...JER