PDA

View Full Version : What kind of table?

mworkman
05-05-2004, 01:39 PM
I bought this table on an on-line auction. I know it is a Brunswick but not sure of model. The slate had a date of 1996 on it (1" 3 piece). I looked on the Brunswick website and they don't have anything that looks like this. It looks a little like the Centurion. Anyone else have one of these? It is 8' oversize, but I imagine they made em in other sizes. http://xpupload.hpphoto.com/sessions/250021777122/38063353lg.jpg

mworkman
05-05-2004, 03:24 PM
The picture showed up when I first posted it. Now I can't see it. Geez. Sorry

SPetty
05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
It looks like you put the picture on a site that requires logging in to see the pictures. You were probably all logged in when you posted the picture, which is probably why you could see it then.

Nightstalker
05-05-2004, 08:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> It looks like you put the picture on a site that requires logging in to see the pictures. You were probably all logged in when you posted the picture, which is probably why you could see it then. <hr /></blockquote>
Bingo, the pic needs to be hosted somewhere which does not require being logged in to view. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mworkman
05-06-2004, 08:32 AM
I think I got it only it's pretty big. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

http://webpages.charter.net/mbworkman/pool%20table.JPG

Now I got it.

mworkman
05-06-2004, 09:58 AM
I was finally able to get space from ISP. Then edit size with photo studio 2000. And it only took me 2 hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-06-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> I was finally able to get space from ISP. Then edit size with photo studio 2000. And it only took me 2 hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

After all that I hope somebody answers your question /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken???

Bone
05-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I can't help you with your question but I am curious about your room size. How is the playability where you have the table located? The reason I ask, I am purchasing a table which is borderline on fitting in the room based on the charts onthe manufacturer's website and it looks like your table is a fairly tight fit. It may be just the angle of the pic and I may be all wrong but I am curious as to your room size and your opinion on the playability of the table.

RailbirdJAM
05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> I bought this table on an on-line auction. I know it is a Brunswick but not sure of model. The slate had a date of 1996 on it (1" 3 piece). I looked on the Brunswick website and they don't have anything that looks like this. It looks a little like the Centurion. Anyone else have one of these?<hr /></blockquote>

I've got this table, I think. I bought it more than 20 years ago. I had always called it a Brunswick Century, and mine is a 9-footer with double-shimmed pockets and newly applied Simonis cloth.

Brunswick Century Pool Table (http://hometown.aol.com/jamalloy/brunswickcentury.html)

I'm getting ready to purchase a used set of the wonderful Aramith Super Pro billiard balls from Mike Janis of Viking Tour at a great price. The balls I own are pretty old and need replacing.

RailbirdJAM

mworkman
05-06-2004, 02:49 PM
No Bone, you got it right. The table is pushed up against the wall. It is playable from three sides. I use it for drills. I hope to move soon tho', and I'm not buying a house unless it has a room big enough. As far as your situation, if the room is borderline too small, I would still get the table. Shots don't come up all that often where the cue is on the rail and you have to shoot straight accross. And when they do, just use a shorty or move the ball a little bit.

mworkman
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Yep, that looks exactly like it. Legs, rails, skirting, corners. Brunswick Century. Now I know what to call it if I decide to sell and get a 9'.

I may copy you and get a 9' but, I'm not switching from my Micholob Golden Light. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

COEX_FO
05-07-2004, 04:41 AM
It is indeed a Century! I owned one for many years. Not a bad table at all! When I sold mine in 1997 I got $2,000 for it from a pool room owner.

Bone
05-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Cool, that's what I was needing to hear, the room I have is around 15' x 17' and empty right now. Most people tell me that it's not big enough but as much as I love shooting pool, I think I could make do with it.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2004, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bone:</font><hr> Cool, that's what I was needing to hear, the room I have is around 15' x 17' and empty right now. Most people tell me that it's not big enough but as much as I love shooting pool, I think I could make do with it. <hr /></blockquote>

I would think long and hard before putting anything over 7' in a 17' room.

Wally~~has to use the "shorty" frequently.

mworkman
05-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Looking at the Brunswick site they say you need a 13x17 for an 8' table shooting with a 58" cue. 14x18 for a 9'. Bone, what size of a table are you getting? An 8' should be perfect. 8' playing surface is only 44"x88"

Wally, how big is your table and room size? Just curious. I know what you mean about the shorty and how frustrating it can be.