PDA

View Full Version : Funky cold Latina

Keith Talent
05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Tecate billboards in N.Y.C. with the slogan "Finally, a cold Latina" have some folks bent out of shape here.

One woman says it reinforces stereotypes. Another says, "It's not even true (sob, sob!), maybe hot-tempered." It's supposedly a mighty caliente topic in Hispanic nabes. But at least one gal interviewed said, "I'm not offended. I KNOW I'm hot!"

Maybe our in-house expert will weigh in on this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vagabond
05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
The language is hot and romantic.Cheers
vagabond

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2004, 06:28 AM
J Lo

Why is my monitor steamed up?

http://upwardbound.ucdavis.edu/webpages/period4/B-Ruiz/j.lo.gif

nAz
05-07-2004, 07:56 AM
The last latina i was with a couple of week ago was hot and cold at the same time... it's amazing we still had fun /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I do not see anything wrong with that billboard, if they want to complain about stereotyping they should complain about spanish soap operas...lol

9 Ball Girl
05-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Mmmmmmm. I love Tecate beer. I've got a six pack in my fridge! Teehee...

pooltchr
05-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Wally....THANK YOU! On a Friday when I already didn't feel like working, you just pushed me over the edge!

Steve---will be pretty much worthless for the rest of the day!
sj

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2004, 10:57 AM
http://www.gla.ac.uk/~cmc1z/fantasy_celts_b/fantasy_celts_12/jennifer_lopez_06.jpg

sorry steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
That's it! Might as well go home!

Steve--has a healthy appreciation for Wally's photo library!

Keith Talent
05-07-2004, 03:28 PM
So that makes you hot and cold, eh? Better watch out, we Gringos get silly on that stuff.

From what I can remember, I surely did the time I had some one night in Mexicali. Best I can recall, there were some hot Latinas and, in the end, one cold Gringo who walked back across the border without his leather coat, which was the only thing of value the bunch of guys who jumped him outside the bar could get their hands on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith Talent
05-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Nice pix, Wally. Guess that's the best you can do in the Midwest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Here, we all pile into the subways together ...