PDA

View Full Version : For all you unblievers

Qtec
05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Who says FL cant run 3 friggin balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do you think?

FL in action (http://www.fastlarrypool.com/RipleyShots.htm)

Love the way he throws his cue down on the table.

Qtec

moblsv
05-06-2004, 08:24 PM
those reactions are priceless.

Popcorn
05-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Didn't see anything original, The two table shot he took from a shot done more then 60 years ago. My only question would be, what championships has he won or any tournaments for that matter. Who has he ever beat? I never heard of the guy before the Internet. In the video his reactions look like the reaction of someone who missed the shot many times and is elated he finally made it.

Mike H
05-07-2004, 02:29 AM
I heard of the guy before here, but not as some sort of champion. He was on one of the Accu-Stats "Best of" videos. Thing is, he took video in his basement of himself attempting a trick shot with a partner. The shot was dubbed "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" by Accu-Stats. The result of his attempt was that both cue balls involved, upon contacting each other, shot directly into the lights, shattering them on the table. Creative idea? Definitely. Champion? No way.

BeanDiesel
05-07-2004, 03:59 AM
I just dont believe in this picture i found on his website.
http://www.fastlarrypool.com/images/youngman.GIF
the cue looks so unreal.

p/s:
this is me when i was a baby
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~kamarudd/baby.jpg

Believe it or not /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
05-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Good cue action. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

Chris Cass
05-07-2004, 07:17 AM
You should see the pic I have of Spike. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Well, I can tell he loves what he does and for me? It's all good. Throwing the cue on the table or the little jump and run Mike Masse does is all for the effect.

Trick shots are fun to do and it doesn't hurt anyone. The crowd loves that kind of stuff. I think this is all great entertainment. What I don't care for is someone that works so hard to earn the respect of the billiard community and then to throw it all away by degrading themselves is just plain wrong.

Regards,

C.C.~~just my .02

eg8r
05-07-2004, 08:16 AM
I am not sure why he keeps throwing stuff on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He did not do that when I saw him play.

Anyways, I like the 2 table butterfly shot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~Wants to see the 4 ball bottle shot FL was talking about

daviddjmp
05-07-2004, 08:18 AM
He was arrogant 10 years ago, IMO he still is-

rukiddingme
05-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I agree with you Chris...not so much that FL is wrong but it is kind of sad.
I must say that compared to some characters I've seen at Chris's FL is really not that out there. Billiards has had and will continue to have its share of characters. Maybe more so than other sports. Everybody's got issues, some worse than others but that is what makes individuals "individuals".
Look how much time is spent on this board discussing FL. Why?...could it be because he is opinionated, outlandish, comical, and yes interesting. He has knowledge and lets just say he communicates it in his own way. OK... he has not graduated from finishing school and may have failed the people skills course /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but you know that he feeds off of controversy and if there is none he'll create it.
I guarantee you when things are kind of dull on this board someone will post something regarding him and BOOM the board livens up...and you just know he is just eating this up. I personally think that we spend way too much time and effort on this board on the subject of FL and his antics.
JMHO
ruk

ras314
05-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Bottle shot balancing two balls is neat. Use a little gum or something? Never shoots though.

Barbara
05-07-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Didn't see anything original, The two table shot he took from a shot done more then 60 years ago. <hr /></blockquote>

I believe that shot was performed in the movie short, "The Super Cue Men". Mosconi and Caras performed a bunch of jump and two-table shots.

Barbara

Chris Cass
05-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi David,

I know so many arrogant pool players it isn't funny. You know, I really feel it appears to be a lack of self esteem or a wanting to be accepted but feel they could never be and they do the complete oposite. Who know's ?

No disrespect to all the trickshot artists out there and I feel they serve a good purpose in getting people involved in our sport. This is what we want, for the good of the sport. I also don't see many of them playing the tourneys either. JAT

Regards,

C.C.

daviddjmp
05-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey, Chris-

Although Pool Players certainly don't have the market cornered on lack of self-esteem, I think that if someone has a desire to be accepted, then there are certain behavior patterns necessary to accomplish that. I agree for sure that there are some that revel in the rejection of this acceptable behavior. For me personally, I get nothing out of watching or listening to a demonstrative wanna-be type. I know a lot of musicians like this, who feel the industry owes them something, and I just can't deal with them, life is too short to not like your life-

Ross
05-07-2004, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> ...Look how much time is spent on this board discussing FL. Why? ...<hr /></blockquote>

In psychology/psychiatry, psychological disorders are divided into two major classes: Axis I, which are mostly the mood disorders like anxiety, depression, etc., and Axis II, which are the so-called Personality Disorders, like narcissistic personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, etc.

We used to joke about an informal way to diagnose people with Personality Disorders: He or she is the person everybody regularly talks about at lunch. I've found it to be a pretty accurate diagnostic tool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cueless Joey
05-07-2004, 04:08 PM
I wonder why Last Farry didn't slam his mouth to the table after he spat the cueball and made those two balls.