PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Break&Run percentage

UWPoolGod
05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Do any of you track your Break&Run percentage? I just thought about it yesterday. I was told that I was MVP of last sessions APA 8-ball league so I went to my bar to pick up a trophy/patch/etc. When I got there, there was also a framed certificate for "Outstanding Achievement" for most Break&Runs during the session at 8. Looking back that is pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially when I probably played about 70 games last session, breaking about 60 of them so my Break&Run percentage was 8/60 = 13%
Not very good at all. I think I am going to keep track of this a little more. I know there are intangeables that happen to keep you from running out..i.e. scratching, mud racks, pairs of tied up balls you can't get a break on. Anything is possible though. This will give another goal to strive towards...maybe say 20% B&R this session.

nAz
05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
congrats man, you did it more often then anyone else in your league /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif are you going to stich all the patches on a shirt? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mworkman
05-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Congrats, that's not a bad percentage. We have something similar in our league. They call it ERO(Eight-Ball-Run-Out). You not only get credit for a break and run, you also get credit for running out if your opponent breaks and doesn't make anything and then you run out. I lead my league with 5 alltho' we only play 4 games a night while getting to break 2.

I think I read somewhere that the Pros only runout like 30% from the break. Once you reach 30% go pro. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
05-07-2004, 10:44 AM
I don't know. I mean what else do you do with them. It seems a little redundant for each session they give you a Break&Run patch, Shutout patch, but only one for doing that. I also got a Break&Run 5 patch last session. Plus you get a patch when you pay your yearly dues. So they are just stacking ona shelf. I see those bowlers putting them on the sleaves of their bowling shirts or below the patch on their chest for 300 games, high series, etc. So why not a pool shirt with that on it...or is that a little too...how do you say...LAME?!

Barbara
05-07-2004, 10:46 AM
That's not a bad percentage! At least it'll give you something to compare against next year.

When I was President of my bar league I instituted giving out a plaque to any player who broke and ran out. the first year this was in effect I gave out one plaque. Ironically, the recipient did the BRO against me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara

UWPoolGod
05-07-2004, 10:48 AM
yeah I think we also have that stat on our sheet for "table runs" which just means you run your 7 and out. Not sure how many of those I had but quite a few.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2004, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> ... So why not a pool shirt with that on it...or is that a little too...how do you say...LAME?! <hr /></blockquote>

Whatever floats your boat dude /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j/k... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would probly sew mine on a shirt if I had them in double digits /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

they look ok on a denim jacket.

Eric.
05-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of some "Bikers" around here. You know the ones; everything they wear says Harley. Harley shirt, Harley pants, Harley sneakers. More patches than a quilt. They probably have a Harley condom in their wallets.

Eric&gt;"Discovery Channel Bikers" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UWPoolGod
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I have Harley safety glasses...but no Harley.

Grass,gas,or @$$...nobody rides for free.

SPetty
05-07-2004, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> They probably have a Harley condom in their wallets.<hr /></blockquote>I do believe you've just come up with the next "Million Dollar Idea"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

UWPoolGod
05-07-2004, 02:33 PM
No doubt...think of the money you would make at Sturgis alone.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

houseman
05-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Your welcome to use this
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/win-loss.html

mworkman
05-07-2004, 07:38 PM
What to do with all those patches and Pins? Put them on your cue rack..

http://webpages.charter.net/mbworkman/100_0656.jpg

UWPoolGod
05-10-2004, 05:40 PM
There you go...or make a blanket out of them...Stitch them to a pillow. I am going to use my MVP one for my marker for now. Might get some Intimidation Factor into my opponent..hehe.
I also just got a Performance sheet for Table Runs and had 7. Now it doesn't seem too bad with my 8B&amp;R 15/70 games is about 21%.

Frank_Glenn
05-10-2004, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mworkman:</font><hr> What to do with all those patches and Pins? Put them on your cue rack..

<hr /></blockquote>

Poke a hole in the corner of each and put them on a shower curtain holder and attach them to your case, or sew/glue them to your case, or get a nice cloth vest and sew them to the vest. Intimidation can be good.