PDA

View Full Version : When Jeanette took two timeouts.............

ladybilliards
05-07-2004, 11:54 AM
I watched a match between Karen and Jeanette Lee last night, during the first game Jeanette and Karen both took their timeouts (on the one ball). Later in the same game Jeanette left herself a tough shot ont he 6 ball, she asked for a timeout. The director (Steve Tipton)gave her one. Karen remembered that she had used her timeout and said so. Jeanette looked to be a little upset when Karen said something, then apologized and said she forgot. It seemed to me that she was mad at Karen for saying something, maybe not. But she did make the shot (which she had more than 30 sec to look at)won the game and the match. I believe this was very big, because Jeanette was pumped after making it and Karen was probably upset. The director was in the wrong, how could he have not remembered that she had already used it. That's his job. Okay, mistakes happen, my bad. I think Karen had every right to say something, I know I hate to interrupt my opponent in the middle of their stroke but sometimes it necessary. Anyway, just wanted to know what you all thought about that sequence.

lb

Nightstalker
05-07-2004, 12:19 PM
If she used her timeout then she should not have asked for another, I feel like saying something in that case is called for. You don't want to get screwed out of a match because of the opponent getting an extra TO.

9 Ball Girl
05-07-2004, 12:29 PM
I think Steve Tipton should've been a little bit more attentive. I mean, that's why he's the ref, no? As a player, and I know we've all done it, you get so involved in what you're doing that perhaps you forget that you did something or maybe think that you did it in the previous rack. Who knows. But Steve Tipton should've been more attentive. JMO

Steve Lipsky
05-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I think he should use something akin to what baseball umpires do... they have a device that lets them keep track of the balls/strikes/outs. They won't leave anything to chance.

If Steve had a similar device, his decision to allow or disallow a timeout would in no way be based on his memory. When a timeout is requested, he would just check the counter and see if one is available. Much better system, imo.

- Steve

SPetty
05-07-2004, 01:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ladybilliards:</font><hr> Jeanette looked to be a little upset when Karen said something, then apologized and said she forgot. It seemed to me that she was mad at Karen for saying something, maybe not. <hr /></blockquote>I can see that.

I can see that she would have been upset with herself for forgetting.

I can see that she would have been upset with Tipton for lying to her about it.

I can see that she would have been upset with Karen for disagreeing with the TD. The tournament rule has always been The TD is always right. When the TD makes a ruling, it stands. The TD in this case, ruled to give Jeanette an extension, so I can see that she could have been uphappy that Karen brought it up to the TD, because the TD is always right.

Nostroke
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
The tournament director may always be right but what's right is right and he was wrong. I'm going to tell him for sure- the pope too!

PS-Im pretty sure Steve does use some kinda gadget to keep track of the extensions. Probably didnt bother to look at it, relying on his memory instead

ladybilliards
05-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, you are right, right is right!

lb

larrynj1
05-07-2004, 05:13 PM
people make mistakes.

Gayle in MD
05-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi there, nd yes, I remember that match, and have it recorded, and what really got me was the way Jeanette took advantage of the extra time, even after she knew she didn't have extra time, she still ended up with a good bit of extra time for that shot. It seems to me that that extra time out was crucial in her win over Karen, if memory serves me. I thought Karen really got a raw deal on that one.

Jeanette is not my "Cup Of Tea" anyway. I also didn't care for the time she compared herself to Mosconi, looking into the camera after a win and
saying "Just Like Mosconi" (Hope I spelled his name right) as I doubt very much if Jeanette plays "Just Like Mosconi" Think that may be two n's...LOL.

Then there was another time when she was playing Alison that she said something about being an American, as though that made her more deserving to win over Alison since she is not American, may have been just a joke, but I didn't think it was something that Karen or Alison would do, as they both exude class and good sportsmanship.

Also there was another time when Jeanette made a few off color remarks to Mitch as they were commentating which were uncalled for on TV IMO.

I know she has fans on here who will probably jump me for my opinions about her, but frankly, she could use a little humility, the contrast between the way she conducts herself on TV during matches, and the way the other top gals behave is striking.

Mother would kill me for this post, LOL. "If you can't say something nice....."

"I love you George, I love you George, I love you George"
Who cares?

Gayle in Md. not a fan of J.L.

cueball1950
05-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Steve tipton should have called a foul on Ms lee. She is and has been pro long enough too know when she has taken her time outs. i feel that she only did this to prolong the shot. As i remember it she asked for an extension and all karen said was. she has already taken her extension on the 2 ball. Then Jeanette took additional time before she shot, so in the long run she actually had over 1 1/2 minutes to shoot the shot. Gayle. i mentioned the incident about her saying the same thing "just like Mosconi" and someone said she was just plugging Mosconi products. her sponsor at the time. What i cannot stand is her constant bantering and always exclaims "George, I love you" look. we know she loves her husband... but to keep repeating it so much only makes me wonder who she is trying to convince......nuff said.....................................mike

Gayle in MD
05-07-2004, 08:19 PM
LOL..Well, you know, I drop in here now and then and so I missed your post about it, but you are right about the way she took advantage of the time, that was now mistake, she did it on purpose, and you can really tell it when you tape it and replay the tape.

Also, the "Just like Mosconi" remark, I thought it was obvious what she meant, she was referring to her win, no doubt.

Another thing that gets me is the way Mitch gushes over every little moan she makes, and repeats every little remark she makes while shooting. It seems so obvious to me that he is always rooting for her to win, I think he should recuse himself when she is playing, LOL.

I love watching all the matches, but could definately do without Mitch or Jeanette. It's surprising they can find a room big enough for both Mitch and Jeanette's egos, LOL.

Gayle in Md, whew, I feel better now, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
05-07-2004, 09:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> The tournament director may always be right but what's right is right and he was wrong. I'm going to tell him for sure-<hr /></blockquote>Oh, absolutely. I totally agree. I would too.

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2004, 08:35 AM
"Then Jeanette took additional time before she shot, so in the long run she actually had over 1 1/2 minutes to shoot the shot."

I am missing something here. If Jeanette was anything like close to going on the 10 second clock, she called an illegal timeout and was halted immediately by whomever(I don't care), then why in the hell did she not get tossed right on the 10 second clock after the correction, firstly cuz she was legally out of time, and secondly to accurately to assess her the due time pressure for "breaking the timeout law?" There seems to be a lot of improper actions with this one if she actually became a recipient of valuable shot time after the so called mistake...sid

Rich R.
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Although Jeanette did ask for a time out, which she had already used, the TD also made the mistake of giving it to her. Obviously, it was an innocent mistake on both their parts.
IIRC, as soon as Karen alerted them, that the time out was already used, and Steve checked it, Jeanette got down on the shot, as quickly as she could, and shot the ball.
There was no extra time, other than that used during the confusion.

I believe it would be a better system, if, when a player took a time out, during a rack, they put up a little flag, or something, the players and the TD could see. Then everyone would know if a time out was still available or not.

PQQLK9
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
I need to replay that match...which tourny was it?...
thanks...

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2004, 09:46 AM
"IIRC, as soon as Karen alerted them, that the time out was already used, and Steve checked it, Jeanette got down on the shot, as quickly as she could, and shot the ball."

Then I stand corrected. I gathered from other posts that Lee "used" the time to her advantage as a ploy, but if she actually hurried and shot afterwards, then it sounds like a mistake, plain and simple...sid

Gayle in MD
05-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi there Sid, and how are you.
Well, just took that tape out again, and not what I see at all. What I see is that although it may have been just a mistake at the outset, there is no question that she took advantage of it. She definately didn't hurry to get down and shoot. IMO, a foul should have been called on her. Also, IMO, Karen could well have won that match had JL not been able to take advantage that way. Just what I see on the tape...
Gayle in Md.

Frank_Glenn
05-09-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Also, the "Just like Mosconi" remark, I thought it was obvious what she meant, she was referring to her win, no doubt.

<hr /></blockquote>

She is promoted by Mosconi, so she got their name on the air. Some would say "good for her" YMMV. I also noticed she had Tipton remove "something" from the cueball on one shot and when he was done she immediately called extension. This was after a good shot. I commented to my wife that she was getting extra time to get her breathing back under control. I didn't notice the two time outs, so this may have been the match agains Alison.

Sid_Vicious
05-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi Gayle, I ain't doing bad. I'll be watching for a repeat airing of that match and study that game when the time comes. When was that match performed anyway? I also remembered a scenario mentioned where Lee had the CB cleaned and then called the immediate extension, so just maybe this sneakyness is a quality trait. Who knows, maybe there is a list of subtle tricks somebody could get away with like this, and we are just finding out about those who'd utilize them and still avoid the deserved spanking from Tipton due to the unusual, rule-bending oddness of the ploy. Maybe more players should ask for a clean CB more often in order to highlight that possible time extension, it'd fly until the refs had their "Ah-HA! I see how you're playing!" Damn shame that a professional forces something like this. Ya know though, I'm not surprised. When you give unlimited time over a shot, I understand that people like CW can put you to sleep before hitting the shot. That tells me that there is a devious nature built in to a segment of the professional ranks. Jm2c...sid

Gayle in MD
05-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi there kiddo, glad all is well.
Yeah, I have only noticed such tactics by JL, not any of the other women players, and I study ever match which is aired, and tape every match. In fact I just spent a week re-labeling all my tapes, so right now I have so many of those matches mixed up in my head I can't remember just which match that was, but if I get time today I will check that out and send you an answer.

Funny you would mention CW because I watched a match between CW and Johnny Archer in Valley Forge, it was the longest match I have ever seen. Anyone know if there were any time constraints in VF? I keep thinking, couldn't have been a shot clock after what I remember seeing. I came in late on the matches that day, and all the other matches were long over. All the other players had left the room, and this match went on and on, and there was one shot just before the last shot, when Johnny Archer took an absolutely incredible amount of time, up and down, up and down, up and down, on the shot, really, over and over again, and THEN, left the table and went over taking his time getting CHALK out of his bag, when there were three peices on the table, went back to the table, and now I'm counting, up and down, up and down, another TWELVE times. I felt like jumping up and yelling, "Shoot the ****ing ball" lol. It was just something you watch and can't believe your eyes. I wonder if anyone here watched that same match and saw what I am referring to?

Anyway, I was wondering how he ever settled on a decision to go to VF in the first place, if it took him THAT long to decide on a shot,lol.

At one point the TD did walk over and stand just behind him, but never called him on the time.
Bottom line, I thought he used that up and down stuff in order to throw his opponent, CW, but since I havent been seen that many pro matches in person, I had never seen CW play before, so maybe it was a payback from Archer to him for previous abuse by CW for the same thing?

Anyway, while reviewing these tapes last week, (I wish I had kept count, now) the number of time when JL complains about bugs, and chalk, and noise and I don't know what all else, but it is much more often, and I do mean MUCH, than the other women.

Also, I noticed that she has a tendency to linger after she misses a shot instead of getting out of the way of the other shooter approaching the table, to the point that she is often actually close enough for long enough to distract her opponent, when she should (Just go on back to your seat Jeanette, yes, you missed it, now get the **** out of the way) have already been in her seat.

Gayle in Md, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

larrynj1
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
jeanette also grabs a few extra seconds while emptying the balls from the pocket where she will be shooting.

johnny archer appears to be teetering on the brink of obcessive compulsive disorder for at least the last year.wearing his lucky red shirt,picking lint off the cloth, micro-adjusting the cue ball placement on his break shot, quadruple checking his break cue's in the correct position, up and down on shots, while obviously boosting his winning percentages, is still very worrisome.

Nostroke
05-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Johnny also has some chalk thing where he has to keep 3 pieces i believe on a specific spot on the table otherwise it's bad luck.

I gotta say though the last few times i saw CW and JA they were pretty reasonable as far as play speed goes. Gayle, was that this years VF expo?

larrynj1
05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
it would be fun playing with his head by moving the chalk around the table , taking the 3rd piece back to your chair with you. LMAO!!

Chris Cass
05-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap. Let the public see the cards too. That way the player could just look over to the cards and see a 1 or a 0.

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Karen is not wrong. Jeanette was into the zone and the TD needs to pay attention.

Now, how many TD's does it take to watch one game? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Soory Stevearino, I couldn't resist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Karen' focus is hardly broken over something like that. Now, Jeanette looks focused but not at the level of Karen'. IMO Jeanette did a fantastic job this time out. She was only expected to take 4th place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Karen should have cried re-match or shoot the game over but I'm sure broadcasting was a part of that decision.

Gayle in MD
05-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, this year. I think it might have been friday afternoon or early evening, Longest match on record no doubt, LOL.
Gayle in Md.

SRpool
05-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, I am glad that people are starting to pick up on somethings that go on. Alot of players, professional and amateur, have moves like those used in the match you are talking about. But I am glad others are seeing that so some of us other players don't sound crazy or like cry babies when the moves are used against us.

Unfortunately it is sometimes the good players that do these things. I played a match against one of the top players and when she got just barely hooked she called Steve over and said there was something on the cueball. After it was removed the shot was altered a bit and she ran out. Others play slowly on purpose if you mention that you hate slow play at anytime when they are in range of hearing about it.

Even with all of that I stick with the theory of "what goes around, comes around" and usually it does.

Sarah

cycopath
05-10-2004, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote larrynj1:</font><hr>johnny archer appears to be teetering on the brink of obcessive compulsive disorder... <hr /></blockquote>

My wife cracks me up, every time I watch an Accu-Stats tape with Archer she says the same thing.

She also said there's absolutely no way she could live with him. He reminds her of the movie "Sleeping with the enemy" with Julia Roberts, where the husband has to have everything perfect or else.

monkeydude20
05-10-2004, 10:33 PM
If I was playing, I would have definitely said something too.
Jk /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
05-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Gayle, I have to warn you about making judgements about players after seeing them on TV only. You can not make an honest judgement of a player, using a TV match, with TD and a shot clock, because the conditions are a lot different than normal. During the other rounds of the tournament, their is not a TD watching their every move and there is no shot clock, unless it is deemed necessary.

For example, I'm sure you have seen both Johnny Archer and Charlie Williams play on TV. In their TV matches, they both appear to play as fast as any other player and they rarely have a problem with the shot clock. After seeing them play at VF, you know that the TV match is not their normal speed.

I would venture to say, what you observed with Jeanette may not be normal either. Yes, she did ask for a time out, when she shouldn't have, but the TD was confused also. It was an unfortunate situation.
I can also tell you that, other than when she is preparing to play a match, you will not find a nicer, more approachable player, than Jeanette. She is especially nice to the kids in the crowd and I have even seen her joking with some little ones, in the middle of one of her matches.

Does she do the things you saw to upset the other player? Only Jeanette knows for sure.
Do other players do things to try to get their opponents upset? You can bet they do. It seems to be part of the game for many.
Even Karen Corr, who you seem to like, when not on a shot clock, playes extremely slow. At times, she approaches the slow pace of Archer and Williams. Does she do it on purpose? Again, only she knows for sure.

Hopefully, you will get a chance to see more pro tournaments and observe some of the happenings. Yes, you will find players making moves to upset their opponents and you will see other sides of the players, that you don't see on TV. You may find that you will like some players, who you don't like now, and you may not like some, who you think are very nice.

I am not trying to convince you to like or dislike any particular player, including those mentioned. I am just trying to point out that the TV matches are not a true picture of the players involved.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
good post Rich R.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> ...other than when she is preparing to play a match, you will not find a nicer, more approachable player, than Jeanette....

<font color="blue">From what I saw at DCC I could not agree more. I found her more approachable than even Allison Fisher. </font color>

..... Yes, you will find players making moves to upset their opponents and you will see other sides of the players, that you don't see on TV......

<font color="blue">What someone might see as a move in a tv match is probly not a move. With the shot clock and the pressure involved and having to watch the floor director for the signal to break etc., I don't think the players have the time or the inclination or the mental acuity to make moves. There's just too much else going on. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

The tv matches are different from the non-tv matches in more ways than you can imagine unless you have seen them in person.

larrynj1
05-11-2004, 01:46 PM
this match was just on tv, 3 pm est, cuetec cues semi-final. looked to me like everything was above board, just a mistake. karen certainly lost the match, but due to her own errors, of which there were many.

Gayle in MD
05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi Rich,
Could you explain to me what you are referring to in your first paragraph? If it is about Jeanette taking too much time on that shot, all I can say is that it was replayed today, and I timed the shot with my stop watch, and all together she took one minute and ten seconds on the shot. Even after she knew she didn't have a time out, she took more time on the shot. Then she was also over the time limit on the jump shot in the third rack.

As regards whom I admire and don't admire, suffice it to say, we are all drawn to some folks more than others. Obviously, you like Jeanette, that's great. Jeanette is not one of my favorites, but I recognize the world is a much more interesting place to be due to the fact that we are all so different.

I think that sports figures understand that they will be beloved by some and disliked by others. Obviously, that is part of being in the public eye.

As regards your statement, 'Even Karen Korr, who you seem to like' Come on Rich, I don't know any of these folks well enough to say which ones I would like or dislike, if I really knew them personally, nor do you. My only judgements are as regards their sportsmanship and television personality. I am way too old to think that anyone can be judged as a whole by a few minutes observation during a sports event, on camera, OR in person. I recognize at my age that all others will not have the same opinions as I. "To Each His Own"

As regards your last paragraph, I beg to differ with you. I think the television camera is extremely revealing, Rich, a phenomena often highlighted and abhorred by politians, LOL. I doubt watching Jeanette be "ON" in person would change my opinion. As I said at the outset,
"She's not my cup of tea."

Take care Rich,
Love,
Gayle in Md.

Rich R.
05-12-2004, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi Rich,
Could you explain to me what you are referring to in your first paragraph? If it is about Jeanette taking too much time on that shot, all I can say is that it was replayed today, and I timed the shot with my stop watch, and all together she took one minute and ten seconds on the shot. Even after she knew she didn't have a time out, she took more time on the shot. Then she was also over the time limit on the jump shot in the third rack.

<font color="blue">In my first paragraph, all I am doing is asking you to not judge players by the TV matches. It does not give an accurate picture of a player.

Concerning the time on that shot, IIRC, a portion of that time was taken up, when Karen mentioned that the time-out had already been taken and Jeanette and Steve were trying to figure it out. I would assume that the official clock stops, during that time, similar to the way it is stopped when a player asks for the bridge or goes for their jump cue. As soon as Steve said that the time-out had been taken, Jeanette quickly looked and took the shot as soon as she could. You have to remember, Steve caused the confusion, by allowing the time-out, in the first place. He is the TD and is suppose to know if the player took the time-out or not.

Concerning the "jump shot in the third rack", did you stop your watch when she went for her jump cue. I believe they do that in the tournament. They also do not call a foul if a player is down on a shot, ready to shoot, when the time runs out. </font color>

As regards whom I admire and don't admire, suffice it to say, we are all drawn to some folks more than others. Obviously, you like Jeanette, that's great. Jeanette is not one of my favorites, but I recognize the world is a much more interesting place to be due to the fact that we are all so different.
<font color="blue">Please reread my last paragraph. I am not trying to convince you to like Jeanette. I just don't think you should be judging her by the TV match.
Although I happen to like Jeanette, I wouldn't say she is my favorite player, nor am I a big supporter of her. I just didn't think you had an accurate view of her. </font color>

I think that sports figures understand that they will be beloved by some and disliked by others. Obviously, that is part of being in the public eye.
<font color="blue"> This is very true and as it should be. But they deserve to be judged fairly. </font color>

As regards your statement, 'Even Karen Korr, who you seem to like' Come on Rich, I don't know any of these folks well enough to say which ones I would like or dislike, if I really knew them personally, nor do you. My only judgements are as regards their sportsmanship and television personality. I am way too old to think that anyone can be judged as a whole by a few minutes observation during a sports event, on camera, OR in person. I recognize at my age that all others will not have the same opinions as I. "To Each His Own"
<font color="blue">This is exactly the point I was trying to make. Most of us do not really know these people well enough to make judgements. That is why I am disagreeing with your assesment of Jeanette, and her sportsmanship, based on her TV persona. I am not doing this, just because it is Jeanette. I wouldn't want any of the ladies of the WPBA judged in a similar manner. </font color>

As regards your last paragraph, I beg to differ with you. I think the television camera is extremely revealing, Rich, a phenomena often highlighted and abhorred by politians, LOL. I doubt watching Jeanette be "ON" in person would change my opinion. As I said at the outset,
"She's not my cup of tea."
<font color="blue">This is another point, on which we differ. On TV, you only see what you are allowed to see. The camera only sees a portion of what is actually happening and then the tape is edited further. The tape can be minipulated to show things to reflect a certain view.
As far as Jeanette not being your "cup of tea", that is certainly your choice. You can like or dislike any player you care to. My intent was not to change your opinion. I just thought it was unfair to judge someone based on a TV apperance.
Your post also implied that Jeannete had somehow cheated or got away with something. I simply disagreed with that.

A little friendly discussion is always good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Take care Rich,
Love,
Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
05-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Rich,
Re-read this whole thread and notice how many television inspired judgements are referred to by others, then ask yourself why you have singled me out. That may give you a better idea of who is being judged by whom.

When I think how many threads I have read on this board regarding judgements about people in the public eye who are not personally known by the poster, I am wondering why we are even having this debate about my right to have an opinion.

Nuff said, have a nice day Rich,

Gayle in Md.

Rich R.
05-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Gayle, I don't feel that I have singled you out in any special way. Obviously, you have not taken my posts in the way that they were intended.

I also have never said that you are not entitled to your opinion.

I thought we were having a simple discussion of some issues. I guess, in your mind, if my opions don't agree with yours, I am singling you out.

If that is the case, I am sorry.

You have the right to like or dislike whoever you want.

#### leonard
05-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Rich I in 6 hours at Turning got enough of nineball players to last me a lifetime. If I as a player can't stand their Bs how can anyone who is just coming aboard the game be turned on to their garbage. I think Gayle observations are pretty accurate.####

Rich R.
05-12-2004, 09:48 AM
####, I don't have to tell you that 9-ball does not have the class that straight pool does. I can understand your feelings.
Unfortunately, 9-ball is the current favorite game. Hopefully, the tide will change soon. I would love it, if straight pool would become the game of choice once again.

Nostroke
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
I am pretty sure that if straight pool did make a big comeback, the pain-in-the-ass nine ball guys would be pain-in-the-ass straight pool guys. Im afraid what you really need Leonard is a time machine to take you back to no latter than 1960.

Ali was one of a kind and a great fighter but IMHO, he made it acceptable to be a loud mouth and a braggart. Once he opened the door, everybody had to get in on the act and it went down hill from there.

eg8r
05-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Great reply Gayle. You said it perfectly. In his effort to have you quit "judging" players based on what is seen on TV, he is "judging" you on a post you made on an internet forum.

eg8r

SPetty
05-12-2004, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Gayle, I don't feel that I have singled you out in any special way.<hr /></blockquote>Hi Rich R.,

I hate to butt in, but I've re-read the thread and as an independent observer, I don't think that you "singled out" Gayle at all. I understand and appreciate the thoughts you shared. I can often see where threads "go wrong" - when folks start misunderstanding each other - but I missed it here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

#### leonard
05-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Rich what I didn't like was only seeing at the most 100 balls pocketed in 6 hours of play. It was like watching grass grow.####

Rich R.
05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Great reply Gayle. You said it perfectly. In his effort to have you quit "judging" players based on what is seen on TV, he is "judging" you on a post you made on an internet forum. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm sorry eg8r, but I fail to see how I was judging anyone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was just trying to suggest to Gayle that what she sees on a short TV show, is not necessarily the true picture of a person. I meant nothing more than that.

larrynj1
05-12-2004, 12:09 PM
well, i have made up my mind about both rich and gayle based on their posts to this thread!

Wally_in_Cincy
05-12-2004, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> ...I was just trying to suggest to Gayle that what she sees on a short TV show, is not necessarily the true picture of a person. I meant nothing more than that. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree. Unless you have seen the non-televised tournament matches and the tv taping live you don't see what really happens in both circumstances.

Gayle in MD
05-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Hello my friend, and how are you?
Well, tha original poster asked for opinions, LOL. I have seen enough "Moves" by players over these last six or seven years, so I know what you are saying. I just think that Karen got cheated on that match. There was no extention left, Jeanette should have known that in the first place, and the TD should have made Jeanette sit down once he realized that she had called for an extra time out that she had no right to. It made Karen mad, and I don't blame her, and I think somathing like that can throw a player, and have a bad effect on her whole match, it's happened to me before.

I don't think I judged JL unfairly, as my observations are based on seven years of taping these shows and then studying them over and over. Certainl;y it isn't the same thing as being there, but nevertheless, I'm only referring to what I have noticed over these past seven years of viewing the matches. I'm sure Jeanette's career will survive even if she isn't my favorite, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care Dick, always enjoy your posts,
Gayle in Md.

eg8r
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry eg8r, but I fail to see how I was judging anyone.

I was just trying to suggest to Gayle that what she sees on a short TV show, is not necessarily the true picture of a person. I meant nothing more than that. <hr /></blockquote> You were coming across as judgemental of Gayle. In a really rough synopsis, she was saying it like it is, and you decided she was not giving the players a "fair" chance because she only saw them on TV. The moment you decided this was unfair of Gayle and decided to "correct" her, you judged her.

I know you meant no more than that, and I also am pretty sure Gayle already knew what you kept trying to say. However the fact remains, Gayle surely was not the first person on this forum, or this thread for that matter, to make reference to a players actions on TV yet now is when you are trying to grille her for it. Seems a bit judgemental to me.

eg8r

eg8r
05-12-2004, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R:</font><hr> ...I was just trying to suggest to Gayle that what she sees on a short TV show, is not necessarily the true picture of a person. I meant nothing more than that. [ QUOTE ]
I agree. Unless you have seen the non-televised tournament matches and the tv taping live you don't see what really happens in both circumstances. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> I don't think anyone was ever questioning this. I think the only reason we are even talking about it is because Rich brought it up. He thought Jeanette was being unfairly treated. Ha, we have been watching her for YEARS and nothing has changed. She is still the same person on TV that I saw a long time ago. She just like every other pro does things to get an edge, I don't think watching this in person would change my mind. They all do it, and just because someone saw it on TV does not change the fact.

eg8r

eg8r
05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to butt in, but I've re-read the thread and as an independent observer, I don't think that you "singled out" Gayle at all. I understand and appreciate the thoughts you shared. I can often see where threads "go wrong" - when folks start misunderstanding each other - but I missed it here. <hr /></blockquote> Let me see if I can help you out...If you missed this, then you must be reading with your eyes shut, mind shut off, or you just don't want to see the facts, but here goes...The first quote is Gayles post just prior to Rich speaking up... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle:</font><hr> Anyway, while reviewing these tapes last week, (I wish I had kept count, now) the number of time when JL complains about bugs, and chalk, and noise and I don't know what all else, but it is much more often, and I do mean MUCH, than the other women.

Also, I noticed that she has a tendency to linger after she misses a shot instead of getting out of the way of the other shooter approaching the table, to the point that she is often actually close enough for long enough to distract her opponent, when she should (Just go on back to your seat Jeanette, yes, you missed it, now get the **** out of the way) have already been in her seat.
<hr /></blockquote> Now here is Rich's reply to her (also abbreviated to show the singling out of Gayle)... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich:</font><hr> Gayle, I have to warn you about making judgements about players after seeing them on TV only. You can not make an honest judgement of a player, using a TV match, with TD and a shot clock, because the conditions are a lot different than normal. During the other rounds of the tournament, their is not a TD watching their every move and there is no shot clock, unless it is deemed necessary.
<hr /></blockquote> To be quite honest who is Rich to be "warning" anyone. And secondly, does Rich know for a fact that Gayle has never seen Jeanette in person? Even you, SPetty, mentioned once on a reply to me that the board is open and the members are free to post how they want. So where are you on this one, I think you dropped the ball.

If you don't think calling someone out by their name, and then trying to correct them, is not singling out someone, then I would venture to guess you don't want to really see the truth. He said, "GAYLE", hello don't you think that singles her out from the rest of the people on this thread?????? He never said anything in general, in contrast he chose to use her name. If his intent was not to point out what Gayle had done (and he found to be unfair) then he should have never said her name. If you are in a room and want to address the whole group do you yell out one person's name? I did not think so.

eg8r

SPetty
05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes, Rich was responding to Gayle. I don't think Rich was intending to be mean or nasty or hurtful or judgemental whatever it is that you're taking offense to, to Gayle.

Gayle made a valid observation. Rich made a valid observation. You somehow feel the need to prolong it. Please leave me out of it.

Pelican
05-12-2004, 03:52 PM
"I love you George, I love you George, I love you George"
Who cares?

Gayle in Md. not a fan of J.L.

<hr /></blockquote>

Maybe George cares. There are some people that don't mind openly professing their love for each other. My wife and I for example. If something this small really bothers you that much - who cares?.

Gayle in MD
05-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Who cares? Nobody should, so why do you? LOL.

Pelican
05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Who cares? Nobody should, so why do you? LOL. <hr /></blockquote>

You certainly seem to have a pretty strong opinion about her love for her husband. Hum, let's see - she is a great pool player, a beautiful young woman, and has a man that she loves and who loves her in return - jealous maybe - or could it be............... oops, this may be a don't ask don't tell forum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

larrynj1
05-12-2004, 10:53 PM
i can't believe how this thread has degenerated.

Rich R.
05-13-2004, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>To be quite honest who is Rich to be "warning" anyone. <hr /></blockquote>
The word "warn" can be used in a variety of ways. Sometimes to alert someone to something and sometimes to threaten someone. I used it as the former. You, obviously, understood it as the latter. Maybe I could have used a better word, but I thought this was an internet discussion group, not court. My mistake.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>And secondly, does Rich know for a fact that Gayle has never seen Jeanette in person? <hr /></blockquote>
Unless things have changed very recently, yes I do.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>If you don't think calling someone out by their name, and then trying to correct them, is not singling out someone, then I would venture to guess you don't want to really see the truth. He said, "GAYLE", hello don't you think that singles her out from the rest of the people on this thread?????? He never said anything in general, in contrast he chose to use her name. If his intent was not to point out what Gayle had done (and he found to be unfair) then he should have never said her name. If you are in a room and want to address the whole group do you yell out one person's name? I did not think so.<hr /></blockquote>

I used Gayle's name, because I was responding to her post.
When I speak to someone, I address them by name. When I respond to someone's post, I also address them by name. That is just common courtesy.
I also did not try to correct Gayle. I simply suggested that the TV view of a person is not a complete picture.
Gayle has the right, and the privilege, to like whichever players she wants to, just as I have the right and privilege to disagree.

I was under the impression that this was a forum to discuss all things pool related. Gayle expressed an opinion, which I disagreed with, so I expressed my opinion. I attempted to express my opinion in a cordial manner and I believe I did that. If you do not agree, so be it. You have that right.

Rich R.
05-13-2004, 04:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote larrynj1:</font><hr> i can't believe how this thread has degenerated. <hr /></blockquote>
Amen! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in MD
05-13-2004, 07:07 AM
For your information, I have a wonderful marriage, forty one years, and I am 59 years old and have raised four children, my daughter and my husbands three brothers. I think I am old enough and intelligent enough to make a judgement about what I am watching on television.

I think I expressed my fellings accurately enough to Rich in my first response to his post to me, but then he went further, accusing me of making unfair judgements. It was Rich who decided to judge me, becomming more critical in his second response. He then flipped the whole thing around and said I couldn't handle him having a different opinion from mine! I don't think that traveling around to matches sitting ringside is a necessary prerequisite to forming an opinion about a sports figure. This whole thing should have been dropped by Rich after my first response to his "Warning" as far as I am concerned.

Do you admire everyone you see in sports? If there is someone you don't particularly care for, does that mean you are jealous of them. Perhaps you have a problem with women having opinions in general? Your statement is utterly absurd, and does not even apply to my comment.

I can't beleive the level the two of you have brought this to, but I am done.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy as cause for withdrawing from a friend"

Gayle in Md.

larrynj1
05-13-2004, 07:29 AM
so what have we all learned here today?

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 07:43 AM
59? No way.

Regards,

C.C.~~I was thinking maybe, 39 but I can't see 59. Naa, it's a typo.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2004, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
....I can't beleive the level the two of you have brought this to, but I am done.... <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

I think it's unfair to lump Rich's comments and Pel's comments together. IMO

Pelican, don't argue with Gayle. She's a nice lady but if she feels strongly about something she's like a pit bull hanging onto a rope /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~knows Gayle has a sense of humor

Gayle in MD
05-13-2004, 08:29 AM
I love you Chris, I love you Chris, I love you Chris! lol.
No typo unfortunately, lol.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Wally, LMAO, you got my number for sure!

Love,
Gayle in Md., gonna be laughing about that one all day! Thanks Wally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-13-2004, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that this was a forum to discuss all things pool related. Gayle expressed an opinion, which I disagreed with, so I expressed my opinion. I attempted to express my opinion in a cordial manner and I believe I did that. If you do not agree, so be it. You have that right.
<hr /></blockquote> Nice twist, but unless you are completely ignoring the reason for the part of my post you are referrign to, you are way off. I don't care if you think you are being cordial or not, my reply was whether or not you singled her out (this can be done cordially, just go back and read your response). That you did and that is why Gayle mentioned it. You deny it, but it is plain as day that you referred to Gayle by name and mentioned her posts explicitly. If this is not singling someone out then I don't know what is.

Either way, don't twist my post around to suit yourself.

eg8r

eg8r
05-13-2004, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Rich was responding to Gayle. I don't think Rich was intending to be mean or nasty or hurtful or judgemental whatever it is that you're taking offense to, to Gayle.
<hr /></blockquote> I was replying to Gayle originally in agreement that she was singled out. You stated she was not singled out so I quoted the parts that showed she was? I am not taking offense to anything rather taking on a position much like you do quite often. Someone says something the other disagrees, and then you chime in to support one of those two persons. This is what I did. [ QUOTE ]
Gayle made a valid observation. Rich made a valid observation. You somehow feel the need to prolong it. Please leave me out of it. <hr /></blockquote> You jumped in yourself and my response was to your post. Once again, you have mentioned to me before how open this board is and we can all express how we feel, so I was replying to your post, much like I am doing again.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I think you just like to argue /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi Gayle,

I don't like to talk about women but your not alone. I didn't read the entire thread either but I'll give you my .02 as far as Jeanette and Karen go.

When Jeanette broke into the pros the other pro players were not pleased. Not because of her abilities but her style. The way she dressed was not the way the others had been portraying themselves and many felt she was bringing the pro woman image down.

Don't take my word for it. Jeanette even mentioned it in her book. That little paperback thing she put out. Anyway, she and her dominatrix style of dress was pleasing to many males and soon became excited watching her play. Regardless of how she played. Didn't matter as long as she wore some skin tight black leather pants.

Clearly her dress didn't impress any women watching this. Then, you have Jeanette without the clothes. I seen her a few times. Once in Vegas and once in Burlington. In Vegas by the pool. She had no makeup, wore some cutoff jeans and was wading in the pool. I talked with her for a bit.

She wasn't glamorous to me by no means. She was however very nice. She's always smiling as most oriental people do. Not to lump them all togather but I find most are happy and extrememly friendly. No, they don't all have cameras. LOL I've always liked them.

Jeanette is one of these in need for attention. Regardless if it's possitive or negative. Like V.V. she too is one looking for attention. When their in a room they must be noticed. Many players are like that. I too don't care for that much. I think the skill should speak for them but many want to be the bigshot. There's so many players like that. It seems to come with the teritory. Mostly males though. They think their stars.

Now Karen, I ran into her at the elevator s in Vegas too. She was bringing her luggage up to her room on a cart. The woman is totally clumsy. LOL She's not as tall as in person. She also is very pretty. Not like on tv she is very quiet and extremely shy.

She looks way younger than on tv and is much more feminene(sp?) in person. The nextime I ran into her was at another tourney at Pheasent Run, I think it was Pheasant Run. Anyway, it was in the parking lot. I had a chance to talk and did with her. She seemed dumb as a box of rocks. LOL But in reality she is just young. She's very sweet and could never explain what she does to win if she knew herself.

I don't agree with Jeanette' style but after seeing her without the makeup and the gothicware clothing, she's ok. She's just like you and me. I do however go with the flow and she hasn't hurt the womens image in the sport. She and V.V. know how to play the crowd like a fiddle. BTW, about the George thing. I felt the same way about Carol Bernette and the pulling of the ear thing. It's just so cheezy. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
05-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Wally, you know what Ed is like when he thinks he is right,[ which I might point out very rarely happens /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif] he,s "like a pit bull hanging onto a rope". /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Qtec.......thinks eg8r might actually have a point this time /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pelican
05-13-2004, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

I think it's unfair to lump Rich's comments and Pel's comments together. IMO

Pelican, don't argue with Gayle. She's a nice lady but if she feels strongly about something she's like a pit bull hanging onto a rope /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~knows Gayle has a sense of humor <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, I feel strongly about some things too. One of them is that a person should be able to express their love for their spouse without being ridiculed or made fun of, as in "Who cares". Like I said, they care, and they care for each other. Perhaps Ms Gayle is one of these people that are reserved and does not care to show affection in public. If so, fine, but don't be critical of those of us that do. Because of their "employment" Janette and George have to spend a lot of time away from each other. I saw George at a tournament in Starkville, MS last month. In conversation I mentioned how his wife always says she loves him after a match and that I thought that was very nice. He told me that it was just kind of their 'little' thing that they enjoyed. I think that's GREAT! In fact the Monday following that tournament Ms Lee was leaving for a two week tour in the Far East. I am the same age as Ms Gayle and in my second marriage. My first wife was one not to want to express affection. My wife now (of 12 years) and I have not a problem with expressing affection at any time. I would stand up in the middle of a full auditorium and shout I LOVE MY WIFE. She would do the same for me. Why, because we love each other and don't mind letting other folks in on the 'secret'. One other thing and I will get off my rant - my wife and I never, never, part company without saying simply "I love you". As cheesey as it sounds there is a reason. Naturally we both know without saying it that we love each other but, if something tragic happens and one of us was to die in an accident or what ever, the other would have the knowledge that the last thing we said to each other was a statement of our love.

I hope this post makes my feelings on this matter clear.

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi Wally,

Just what is this thread about anyway? I forgot. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~where's the Cheesemouse?

eg8r
05-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Naaaaahhhhh!!!!. No, if I feel he is twisting around what I am saying then I mention it. No more or less. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Qtec.......thinks eg8r might actually have a point this time /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
<hr /></blockquote> Hey, I did not know you had it in you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi Pelican,

I too am the same way with my wife and I know it's cheezy but I try to keep it to a minimum for others here. Last time Barbara told us to get a room. hahaha Still trying to figure out what for? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~cheesemaster /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pelican
05-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Sorry Chris, I love my wife too much to try and keep it to a minimum. If folks get upset - TT Kitty /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

#### leonard
05-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Chris I forgot to take my medicine for Alz. Now I can't rememb ah hell.####
LOL

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2004, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Qtec.......thinks eg8r might actually have a point this time /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
<hr /></blockquote>What the?! Am I reading this right??? Well folks, I guess I'll be skiing home--hell has frozen over! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Troy
05-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Hahahahaha... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you need to ask, I ain't gonna tell ya..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>.....Last time Barbara told us to get a room. hahaha Still trying to figure out what for? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~cheesemaster /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi Wendy,

You may have to reread it. He doesn't admit it but he said thinks. So, it hasn't froze over yet. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

eg8r
05-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Haha, it is just a bit chilly right now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 10:50 AM
You go right ahead and do the kissy kissy thing. LOL It doesn't bother me at all. I can respect that. Now, at the pool hall I won't be yelling it. It just messes with my cool image. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Your right Ed. I feel he's coming in for the kill soon. LOL It's all a setup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~hahahaha

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey Troy,

I used to love to spoon. Now, I wake up in the chair or sometimes the bed. I just don't know where I'm at, anymore. LOL It was hard enough sleeping with the S.W. in our bed but now, the Szamboti makes it even tougher. There's no room. HAHAHAHA

Regards,

C.C.~~hasn't forgotten. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cycopath
05-13-2004, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Now Karen, I ran into her at the elevator s in Vegas too. She was bringing her luggage up to her room on a cart. The woman is totally clumsy. LOL She's not as tall as in person. She also is very pretty. Not like on tv she is very quiet and extremely shy.

She looks way younger than on tv and is much more feminene(sp?) in person. The nextime I ran into her was at another tourney at Pheasent Run, I think it was Pheasant Run. Anyway, it was in the parking lot. I had a chance to talk and did with her. She seemed dumb as a box of rocks. LOL But in reality she is just young. She's very sweet and could never explain what she does to win if she knew herself.
<hr /></blockquote>

I had the same impression of Karen when I met her at the BCA Expo in NOLA. She looked prettier in person and was so "mousy" acting. She reminded me of a librarian.

A librarian that could run racks, that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ladybilliards
05-13-2004, 12:44 PM
I've been off the board for a few days and I came back tosee that my post had 87 hits, I said "wow, is what I wrote that deep"!!!!!LOL Then I started reading the posts...bummer! I thought you guys were really interested in MY POST, IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ALL ABOUT ME!!!!!!!
Just kidding.

lb

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Hi Cycopath,

We met the same sweet girl. LOL I hope she wins everything.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:14 PM
That's what you get when you leave the kids alone at home without supervision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~never thought LB was a drive by poster. LOL

CarolNYC
05-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Hey Gayle,
I'd just like to state what I know and leave it at that,okay?
First of all, Jeanette has done more to promote this sport than anyone I know!
When I played my first pro event, she came up to me and said "dont worry, you'll do good!"
When I played her at the NJ State Championship, some lady was betting I'd only win 2 games and when I did, she laughed and Jeanette turned around and gave her a look that would kill and said "that wasnt nice at all"-I just said "Hey, at least I was the one at the table" the lady apologized later on!
I had a glove that wasnt to appealing and Jeanette gave me one of hers!
As far as staying at the table when you miss, if you notice, the opponent immediately gets up and goes to the table-so I guess that means "time to sit down"
And also, "I love you George"-well, God Bless her-and you can bet your a$$, if I ever make it to t.v., I may be telling my husband I love him!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion-I, personally, like Jeanette,shes a helluva player and all I got to say is 'Go Jeanette!"
Carol~leaving for Vegas! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh, one more thing-during pro rounds,YES, the TD is watching and you have 30 seconds to shoot-so sing the jeopardy tune! ha ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Qtec
05-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Wendy, do you really think I,m the kind of guy that takes the opposite point of view just to get someone going? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL
Has it ever occurred to you that in a strange, wierd ,crazy,abstact kind of way I might actually like the guy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Qtec.........did I just say 'might, again........LOL

Qtec
05-14-2004, 05:14 AM
Chris, I,m shocked that you are so sceptical. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
The law of averages dictates that even eg8r might be right ,now and again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Qtec

eg8r
05-14-2004, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what you get when you leave the kids alone at home without supervision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

Chris Cass
05-14-2004, 06:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

Hi ya Qtec,

I don't doubt that but I do question whether you would admit he was. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~thinks Ed and Q might be simeese twins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-14-2004, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
C.C.~~thinks Ed and Q might be simeese twins. <hr /></blockquote> Seperated by age and parents. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Hi sweetie, and good luck in Vegas!
Just a quote from my post,
[Jeanette is not one of my favorites, but I recognize the world is a much more interesting place due to the fact that we are all so different]

AND

[I don't know any of these folks well enough to say which ones I would like or dislike, if I really knew them personally, nor do you {Rich} my only judgments are as regards their sportsmanship and television personality. I am way too old to think that anyone can be judged on the whole, by a few minutes observation during a sports event.]

I guess, Rich, atleast, and maybe even you, didn't read that part of my post. One would think that having read that, Rich would have understood the flavor of my comments, rather than deciding that since my take on Jeanette is different than his, my judgments were "Unfair" and then involving the entire WPBA, jeese!

Rich and I were speaking of apples and oranges, if you will, in that he was speaking of the person behind the TV personna, I was not. I tried to make him understand that, and failed to reach him. Maybe I am a poor communicator, I hope not, because I am trying to find my own niche in this great sport, and traveling around the country as a competitor also would not be my cup of tea, I love my life as it is, and enjoy my home and family, guess I am really a homebody at heart. But I would like to continue to improve long enough to be able to teach pool to kids and beginners, so communication skills would be essential.

As regards the "I love you's" You have been here to my home, and seen how Jim and I are with one another, and I know that you know there is nothing that I admire and respect more than to see two people carve together a beautiful relationship. I just think it's a little overdone, that's all, as one of the other posters remarked, "Who is she trying to convince"

And yes, it is true that I am fairly reserved in public as regards public displays, I just think they are more meaningful, to me atleast, when expressed privately, and not for "Show" That's just me. Naturally, gals like Alison and Karen and Ewa, just to name a few I admire, classy, reserved, and unassumming, would be more admirable to someone like me. I see them as gals who promote our sport with their skills, and class, not as trying to promote themselves as sexy celebrities, and that, to me, is more admirable.

To state that you disagree with someone elses opinion is certainly everyones perogative, to accuse them of being unfair, because their opinion is different from yours, is another thing entirely. To come out and ask them not to form opinions about what they observe on television from the privacy of their sofa in their family room, is, to say the least, presumptuous.

And, while we're on the subject of wandering posts, lol, another thing that I notice which deserves mentioning I think, I have noticed that often on this forum, those of us who have opinions, namely everyone, are allowed to have them so long as they have put in their mandatory twenty to thirty years involved with this great sport which we all obviously love. Often relative newcommers are singled out during times of differences of opinion and labeled as uninformed, even when the subject is purely subjective. I think it would make for a better atmosphere here if we could all just understand that yes, opinions ARE like *********, and everyone elses DOES stink! It's a given, lol. Let's all just accept it, and live and let live.

Love,
Gayle in Md. OK, now I am unclenching my teeth from the rope, LOL.

Qtec
05-14-2004, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
C.C.~~thinks Ed and Q might be simeese twins. <hr /></blockquote> Seperated by age and parents. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

.......50 IQ and 3 S/L points probably. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

Chris Cass
05-14-2004, 09:30 AM
HAHAHAHA It's funny, seems like if I see your name, Qtec isn't far behind. LOL Well, one could say you guys would make great friends. Seeing how much you guys argue. LOL

The sun is shining today. Well, that all depends on where your standing. HAHAHAHAHA It's all good.
Regards,

C.C.~~enjoys trying to understand either of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
05-14-2004, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
.......50 IQ and 3 S/L points probably./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote> Thanks for recognizing my higher IQ, and undoubtedly lower pool skill level. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Snyder1
05-14-2004, 10:13 AM
First of all, she's a New Yorkah; and second of all, she's the only hot female pro you regularly see on TV. She knows she can get away with a bit more ...

JS

Scott Lee
05-14-2004, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I felt the same way about Carol Bernette and the pulling of the ear thing. It's just so cheezy. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey ole buddy...SHAME on you! LOL Carol was always "saying hello" to her dear old grandma, when she pulled on her ear. C'mon...her DEAR OLD GRANDMA! LOL! It wasn't even verbal, like JL...very subliminal...and if you didn't know what it was about (which many people didn't), you didn't even notice it!

Scott

ladybilliards
05-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I agree. She also had a match with Vivian and needed her jump cue. Vivian said "you ought to be prepared"! I agree, Jeanette had to go over and pull her jump cue out of the case and then put it together - buying time if you ask me!
Of course, she went to the table and nailed it!
lb

Ralph S.
05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
I was thinking a very similar thought. Ole Satan himself will be selling heating devices to thaw the place out. LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif