PDA

View Full Version : Predator Service costs me a sale....

Predator314
05-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I have been selling billiard supplies since the beginning of this year.

I had a guy call me yesterday and wanted to buy a new cue from me (Schon LTD cue w/ Predator Shaft). I've shot pool with this guy before and he had a nice Predator 3K6 cue (same as what I shoot with). I asked him about the cue and where it was. He said he dropped it and the butt of the cue just cracked. He said it was bad enough where he could have torn the butt apart with his hands. This happened a couple days ago. He sent the cue back to Predator and wrote them a letter telling them about it. He expected them to just write it off as abuse. He was about to order his cue today when he called me and told me that Predator was going to replace the cue for him.

They apologized and said they had never seen that type of thing happen before with one of their cues. They are giving him a brand new Predator 3K6 cue and putting a rush shipment on it so he can have it in time for a tournament next weekend.

So Predator's good service cost me a good sale. I can't complain though. It makes me feel good that they will back their product like that. I wonder how many other companies would have just told him that the cue was abused and their was nothing they could do?

tateuts
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
That's how companies build a strong following and survive.

Chris

Nightstalker
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
If he didn't really abuse it, which sounds like the case, then Predator should replace it. I am happy seeing that kind of service and support, it is unfortunate that more companies do not have that level of service.