PDA

View Full Version : Cloth weight

Hiyadooin
05-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm looking for a new table and have it narrowed down to Vitalie, Kasson and Connely. Seems they're all made well and stylish to boot. Question has to do with cloth weight selection. Saw samples of 24 weight and 21 ounces. Don't know the difference in how they would play, speedwise or otherwise, and the salesperson I spoke with didn't have a clue. Appreciate your comments.

mworkman
05-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I know people aren't going to agree with me here because it seems everyone thinks Simonis or Gorina is the best. But I think Championship Tour Ed. 3030 is the best and it is 24oz. I'm no expert, but wouldn't the thicker cloth be more durable?

Rod
05-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Here is a link for you -- Table cloth (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=127476&page=12& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

Once I had my tables recovered with 3030 Championship. I felt is was a little to slow. I prefer 860 but by all means buy a quality cloth. Do a google search to read more if you like.

Rod

Hiyadooin
05-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your help!

Nightstalker
05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Sounds like the Basalt cloth is quite a good one for the money.

COEX_FO
05-08-2004, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hiyadooin:</font><hr> I'm looking for a new table and have it narrowed down to Vitalie, Kasson and Connely. <hr /></blockquote>

I have Simonis 860 on my Cachet and I'm very pleased with the table and the cloth.

If you are in the Atlanta area, send me an email (chet0318@xxxbellsouth.net -- remove the xxx) and I'll recommend a dealer who will do you right on either a Vitale or Kasson.

Troy
05-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Here is another link for you -- Pool Table Cloth (http://www.netpath.net/heads/faq/cloth_faq.html)
Some advertising, yes, but some good info.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hiyadooin:</font><hr> I'm looking for a new table and have it narrowed down to Vitalie, Kasson and Connely. Seems they're all made well and stylish to boot. Question has to do with cloth weight selection. Saw samples of 24 weight and 21 ounces. Don't know the difference in how they would play, speedwise or otherwise, and the salesperson I spoke with didn't have a clue. Appreciate your comments. <hr /></blockquote>

Hiyadooin
05-08-2004, 06:57 PM
That was an especially informative link.
Thanks to you and all the other folks that responded.

drawshot
05-10-2004, 01:22 AM
the Tournament 30/30 cloth I find faster than the Simonis 860. I find the Simonis get burn marks from fast breaks and jump balls way too easy.

I will invest in the 30/30 cloth the next time I cover my table.
Any comments on how the other cloths compare?