PDA

View Full Version : How Can This Happen?

Barbara
05-08-2004, 07:04 AM
How can an Anonymous be viewing their "My Home"?

6 Anonymous User(s).
Username Last Activity Location
Anonymous 05/08/04 08:07 AM Reading a post in flat mode Predator Service costs me a sale....
Anonymous 05/08/04 08:06 AM Viewing the user list
Anonymous 05/08/04 08:04 AM Reading a post in threaded mode Re: Disturbing photos of Iraqi prisoners
Anonymous 05/08/04 08:04 AM Reading a post in flat mode What kind of table?
<font color="red">Anonymous 05/08/04 08:02 AM Viewing their "My Home" </font color>
Anonymous 05/08/04 08:01 AM Viewing list of forums

Barbara

highsea
05-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Go to your profile: Click on the "no" radiobutton for these two settings.

Do you want to be visible on the "Who's Online" screen?

Do you want users to see the actual forum/post you are looking at?

-CM

Barbara
05-08-2004, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Go to your profile: Click on the "no" radiobutton for these two settings.

Do you want to be visible on the "Who's Online" screen?

Do you want users to see the actual forum/post you are looking at?

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, so I did that. I opened up another IE window and while I'm still in "My Home" in the other window, I'm checking who's online and I don't see an Anonymous viewing their "My Home".

I still don't get it.

Barbara~~~not pulling a Jessica Simpson... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

highsea
05-08-2004, 08:15 AM
I don't think you will see yourself twice. You will show up as anonamous "checking who's online", because that is the active window.

-CM

moblsv
05-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Even though you opened another window it is still the same browser. They know where you are by a set of 'cookie's' that are written to your computer. When your browser requests a page the information in the cookie will be sent to BD which used to tell where you are, this cookie session method only sends for the current request and doesn't know that the other browser window is open. If you log in again with a different browser (i.e. mozilla instead of another IE instance) and try the same thing you should see what you expect.

SPetty
05-08-2004, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> How can an Anonymous be viewing their "My Home"?<hr /></blockquote>It can't happen. You are hallucinating. You've obviously altered a fake output just to make it look like that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am "hidden", and I believe I don't show up as an Anon. I believe if you are a registered user, you will not show up as Anonymous, even if you "hide" yourself. There are stats at the top of the sections showing, for example, 14 registered users, but only nine appear. The other five are "hidden". Then the Anon section shows 17 Anonymous users, and shows all 17 of them. I don't think they'd show you twice, would they?

I know you can post as Anonymous on a couple of the other forums (newbie and/or suggestions), but I think you can only reply as Anon, not create new threads.

Before I log in, I'm not given any option at all that would resemble "My Home".

pooljunkie73
05-08-2004, 12:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a member who's name is "Anonymous"? Maybe it's them?

Kent Mc.

9 Ball Girl
05-09-2004, 11:35 AM
There is an Anonymous that posts, the same way they used to before they did away with it. I've always wondered why that still was.

highsea
05-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Ok, Check "no" to the question "do you want to be visible on the who's online screen", and "yes" to the question "Do you want users to see the actual forum/post you are looking at?".

You will show up as an anonymous user in the user list, but you are still a registered user and can view your home. Other users will see you as Anonymous viewing "my home" in the "Who's Online Screen".

If you click "no" to both questions, you will not be in the list of anonymous users. I just tested this, and this is my final answer, and I'm sticking to it, even if I'm wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, I just checked again, and it didn't work! So just forget about all that other stuff I said. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-CM

Barbara
05-09-2004, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>
Ok, I just checked again, and it didn't work! So just forget about all that other stuff I said. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

See? I'm not crazy!! Much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara~~~still scratching the ole' noggin...