PDA

View Full Version : judge orders couple not to have children

moblsv
05-08-2004, 08:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/08/conception.banned.ap/index.html

I can understand that this could be a bad road to follow if taken too far but personally I wouldn't mind seeing more of this in the extreme cases.

Do we, as a society, have this right? If they keep having children and we keep paying to care for them does that mean they should lose the right to have them?

dg-in-centralpa
05-08-2004, 05:13 PM
In this case yes. The parents are drug addicts and the children tested positive for cocaine. What does this tell you about the parents? I would force them to be sterilized. Everyone's worried about the rights of the adults, but what about the kids?

DG

eg8r
05-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, I would say this is tough for me, and definitely one example of why I decided to leave politics (as a career choice)...I would hate to be in the position to make this choice. Might be a bad reason since I feel so strongly about things, but this one is not exactly cut and dry for me. I believe the government has too much control as it is, so I don't think it is right for the judge to make this decision for this couple. However, I don't feel the citizens of the US should shoulder the burden of raising these kids either.

I hate the grey issues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

highsea
05-10-2004, 12:46 AM
That doesn't mean I can't boink her, right?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif (I mean, she might be cute, you know....)

Nightstalker
05-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Just wait till she has the sterilization procedure performed first, highsea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-10-2004, 10:19 AM
There's not much you can do to the parents; they're addicts and set in their ways, but you can "break the chain"...I agree with you, sterilize the kids