PDA

View Full Version : My dad enjoyed our game this morning...

Leviathan
05-08-2004, 12:26 PM
My dad, who will be 85 on his next birthday, really enjoyed our 8-Ball session this morning. In our first game he made a ball on the break, ran off three more balls, banked a ball in, and then played a nice safety. The audience was two guys in their late seventies, and they loved it.

We're lucky to have an old-fashioned pool room here, one that draws a mature crowd during the daytime. A lot of rooms aren't codger-friendly, and I think that's unfortunate. The old hands still enjoy the game and want congenial places to play, and it might be good business to make them welcome.

AS

PQQLK9
05-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Priceless...

Chris Cass
05-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi Nick,

Let me say that I've known about Alan' relationship with his Dad for well over a yr now. I want to say he couldn't find a better son.

Regards,

C.C.~~proud of the way my friend treats his Dad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2004, 08:02 PM
There's a house here that gives seniors free time as I understand it, and I think that is very good, both from a business aspect and from the goodness part. Lots of these fixed income, coming out of retirement players without "worry concerns of the cost", can dazzle and help a younger audience. Besides, they also have a wealth of knowledge to give...sid~~~thinks the young misses out by not listening to old people more

Rip
05-08-2004, 09:09 PM
I enjoyed reading this post and I sincerely thank you for sharing. You're a lucky guy and so is your dad...but I'll bet you both know that already /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif so tell your dad I'll need the last two! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards,
Rip

Chris Cass
05-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey Rip,

Save enough money for our pool hall, will ya?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif,

C.C.

Leviathan
05-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks, Chris--you're the best. My regards to Heide and Spike.

Alan

Leviathan
05-09-2004, 05:42 AM
You're welcome, Rip. Glad the post was of interest.--AS