PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for the US Open

RedHell
05-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm about to finalise my traveling arrangements for the US Open. So my questions to you are the following:

1- Are you staying at the Holliday Inn or a cheaper hotel ?

2- Do you guys purchase the VIP pass or the regular ?

I never been, but a friend told me that last year he was just getting the day pass for 10$. He told me that most of the time the VIP section wasn't full and that they were asked to go sit in to fill it up and make it look crowded on TV.

We all know the weather condition last year, so was it why the VIP was never full ?

I checked the VIP seat and it seems the seat in the corner aren't getting sold. Is it because you don't see as well ? The center seat are almost sold out for 3 rows for the last 2 or 4 on each side are still available ?

Where did you guys bought yours ?

Thanks and C you there !

Rich R.
05-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Hi Red,

Although many of us will be staying at the Holiday Inn, some will be staying at other places in the area. All of the hotels recommended on the U.S. Open web site are within easy walking distance from the convention center. The Holiday Inn is the closest and has the most services, but it is the most expensive.
Last year, during the hurricane, the Holiday Inn was the only hotel to rent a generator, to restore power. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To my knowledge, most of us get the VIP passes. However, I'm sure some don't. A lot of us are in the Dishaw section.
The main reason for the low attendance, last year, was definitely the hurricane. Without a repeat, expect the crowds to be larger this year, especially on the final weekend.

It is hard for anyone to tell you how you should spend your money. You will have to make your own decisions and live with it. After being there, it will be easier for you to make decisions for the next time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See you in September.