PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Packin' Pandas...

wolfdancer
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM
A Panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, pulls out a gun and shoots it. "Why?" asks the waiter. The Panda pulls out a badly punctuated wildlife article, throws it at the waiter "Look it up, it's what we do" says the Panda and walks out the door. The waiter looks at the entry and finds the answer. "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammel native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves" The misplaced comma is all.
Author Lynne Truss says "People who don't know thier apostrophe from their elbow (I plead guilty)are positively invited to disseminate their writings to anyone on the planet stupid enough to double-click and scroll"
Grammer Nazis comment on the death of the English language through the slow loss of commas, colons and other annoying marks.
Lynne's book "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation" takes on the topic of punctuation and makes it readable, funny and a little meloncholy.
When the book was first published in England, the publisher ran a mere 15,000 copies. It sold more then a half million and has just been released in the U.S.

Barbara
05-10-2004, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> meloncholy.<hr /></blockquote>

Melancholy.

Is Lynne planning a book on spelling in the future? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

wolfdancer
05-10-2004, 11:05 AM
"Grandma,what big eyes you have" LOL...The spelling error was all mine. when your fingers is flying all over the keyboard, pounding out, like 8/10 words per minute, sh...I mean misspellens happen, like now.
I'm gonna buy da book, don't think my "every 4th comma is a semi-colon" rule will hold up, when i writes my best-seller

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ... Eats, shoots and leaves"....<hr /></blockquote>

That's generally the way guys prefer to have sex

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ..I'm gonna buy da book,..<hr /></blockquote>

Perhaps if you tell the publisher the saga of FL they will send him a copy gratis.

wolfdancer
05-10-2004, 12:09 PM
LOL...touche!!!

wolfdancer
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Wally,poor "Fast" he's probably beyond hope.....AND his dog can't really play pool....with that li'l doggie brain, he can only think 2 balls ahead