PDA

View Full Version : Can't Live Without SITC

Gayle in MD
05-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Is it just me or what. Since Sex In The City ended, I get depressed every sunday night! It was the one thing on TV that I NEVER missed. Any other SITC addicts around here, or am I the only one?

Love,
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Gayle,

That is one the funniest shows I have ever seen. We don't have HBO but we saw it at Kathy's niece's house one time. We ended up buying all the DVD's.

I guess it's suposed to be a "chick" show but I think it was one of the few things on tv worth watching.

and I don't like the sopranos. is that weird?

9 Ball Girl
05-10-2004, 01:35 PM
You're not alone! I love SITC and watched it religiously. I have Seasons 1-4 on DVD and am waiting for the 5th Season to come out. Fortunately, I love the Sopranos so I have that. Another show that I watch when I get the chance or if I just happen to flip to that channel is The L Word.

Gayle in MD
05-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Oh honey, aint it the truth! I often wonder how many men are missing out on probably the best show that has ever been on TV, thinking that it is a chick show, lol! My hubby loves it, and watches (Watched) it with me every sunday. As soon as it was over, I would get a call from my daughter, and a call waiting call from my sister, lol, so naturally, I'd have to conference them both in for our gab session.

Best show ever!
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ps
I have the On Demand service, and they have already made all the shows available, so I have recorded them all, and am now making copies for friends as birthday gifts.

Gayle in MD
05-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Well now, I just knew there was a reason I liked you! LOL Really Wendy, I'm not kidding about what a downer it is that it is over. The last night, I actually had a farewell party, you had to dress like one of the characters, and drink only Manhattens or Cosmopolitans, and games, you had to tell each gal which character she was the most like, and we collected money on the bet "Who will Carrie end up with"

Jim said it was the quietest that twenty women in one room had been for an hour, in the history of the world, LOL.

The dialogue written for that show was the best ever written for a comedy. Did you have a favorite?

Cueless Joey
05-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Sunday nights, well when football season starts, it'll be easier. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The Practice is ending too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Maybe they'll do the spinoff.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> .. Did you have a favorite? <hr /></blockquote>

mr. [censored] /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Aw come on, do tell do tell, lol. (mr. ???) Mr. Big? So many were just hysterical, it is hard to select one, but two that stand out are when Samamtha found a grey hair, guess where! Also loved the one when she went to the store to shop for a new vibrator, to funny!

The characters were so well developed, and when one would step out of her box, the reactions of the other three were so right on. Great acting, great writing.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Aw come on, do tell do tell, lol. (mr. ???) .... <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle, they censored Mr. Pu$$y

Gayle in MD
05-11-2004, 06:34 AM
LOL...thought you had written it that way yourself, now that is funny.
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-11-2004, 08:22 AM
My favorites were all of them! I loved Samantha because she kept it real. If she wanted to get some, then she got it. Hell why not? I have tons of favorite episodes. One that I'll always remember is when she's about to perform oral sex on this guy but she's not crazy of the taste. She tries to get him to start drinking some kind of grass juice or something and then reveals to him that she doesn't like his. So, she makes a bet so that he can taste his own and he agrees. My favorite line during the scene from Samantha: "Breathing through our nose with our mouths open, teeth placement, gag reflexes, honey, they don't call it a job for nothing!" Amen!!!!

I loved Miranda 'cause she portrayed the strong woman. I loved that. She didn't put up with too much crap from any man.

Charlotte was more of that fantasy kind of girl--always looking for her prince. Remind you of somebody? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And Carrie, IMO, was a mix of all 3.

They were going to make a movie but supposedly Kim Catrall doesn't get along with nor does she want to work with Sarah again. Oh well.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ...honey, they don't call it a job for nothing!"...<hr /></blockquote>

a hilarious line.

and that works both ways 9BG /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope this thread doesn't get too out of hand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
OMG, that was my favorite line too! LMAO...I loved it! I'm like you, it is really hard to select just a few as favorites since they were all so great. I always thought of Carrie as a mix of all the others too.

Gee, I am disappointed to hear that there was any bad blood between them, who said that? I always read that they all got along extremely well, and were really good friends.

I don't think I will ever tire of watching the shows over and over. They are really classics, and if they ever do a follow-up movie, it will be a record breaker. Here in Washington there were groups of women who gathered in sports bars all over town to watch the last night together, and the bars all had special prices for Manhattans and Cosmos.

BOO HOO, I miss the gals, /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Gayle in Md.

9 Ball Girl
05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I've read it in a couple of places.

<font color="red">Tuesday, February 24, 2004- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font color>

SATC catfight…
There’s a catfight brewing over the planned Sex and the City movie. According to gossip in the New York Post, Kim Cattrall is reluctant to sign up because she and Sarah Jessica Parker don’t get along. Cattrall reportedly wants to sign off on the script and the director and she doesn’t want co-executive producer, Michael Patrick King to direct because he and Parker are good friends. But according to Variety King has already been signed as director. "Far too much has been made about Sarah Jessica and Kim," said a spokesman for HBO. "If there was such animosity, there wouldn't be a movie. This has been a tremendous career experience for all of them. God willing, we'll get the right script and make the movie."

PQQLK9
05-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Starting June 15th on TBS... SITC (live it from the begining)

Just saw an ad for this.

Barbara
05-12-2004, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Starting June 15th on TBS... SITC (live it from the begining)

Just saw an ad for this. <hr /></blockquote>

TBS??? Oh man, they're going to censor and cut the pi$$ out of it. Ouch!!

Barbara

Nightstalker
05-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Gotta love that liberal censorship! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> TBS??? Oh man, they're going to censor and cut the pi$$ out of it. Ouch!!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

yeh

they'll take out all the GOOD parts /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Matter of fact, I just read about a week ago that they're going to air toned down version of the episodes. That sucks.

Wendy&lt;---wondering what they will put in place of Samantha catching Richard with his mouth full... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif