PDA

View Full Version : New to BD forums

fuelinplanes
05-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Hello all, i've been reading through some of the posts and decided to join in. I've been playing billiards for a few years (that doesn't mean i'm any good though) and haven't gotten too serious about it. Any suggestions on how to make my game any better?

thanks for your replies and i'll see ya around.

SRpool
05-11-2004, 02:41 AM
Hello and welcome to the board. I think the best advice is to practice, practice, practice. Or you could find an instructor to give you an introduction to the game.

Good luck.
Sarah Rousey

CarolNYC
05-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Hi there,
Welcome to the CCB-keep practicing and Im sure you'll do just fine!
Take care!
Carol:):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Welcome! I agree with Sarah. Practice is the only way to improve, but working with an instructor is the best way to improve quickly and properly.
Active certified instructors can be found at www.bca-pool.com/play (http://www.bca-pool.com/play) Just look at instruction and pull up the list of active instructors.
Good luck!
Steve

=k=
05-11-2004, 06:21 AM
okay they all gave you good advise. for my 2 cents, get a instructor first to get stroke down pat then practise, my best practise is the black belt of billiards drill book.. i like the goals idea, keeps me practising more. good luck.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
05-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Hi fuelinplanes,

Welcome aboard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just curious? What games to you play mostly and what leagues or just pool halls? How long have you actually been playing and how old are you.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote fuelinplanes:</font><hr> ...Any suggestions on how to make my game any better? <hr /></blockquote>

Buy this book

http://members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards/

and use it.

Find a certified instructor.

Do these things in conjunction and you will improve.

Fred Agnir
05-11-2004, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote fuelinplanes:</font><hr> I've been playing billiards for a few years <hr /></blockquote>Billiards or pool?

Fred

BLACKHEART
05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'll just say "HI" &amp; go back into my cave...JER

fuelinplanes
05-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't know exactly how long i've been playing, off and on since i was little. i'm 24 right now. mainly i just play 8 ball with friends but i did play an 8 ball league once and did pretty well.

anybody on here near kansas anywhere?

Rod
05-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Get serious!! Or just keep fooling around and be mediocre. Have fun no matter what direction you take.

Rod