PDA

View Full Version : The Ladder

nAz
05-11-2004, 08:07 AM
About Bert Kinister Video "the ladder" and "climbing the ladder" can someone tell me what it is exactly, is it a good work out?

socrates
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
As I recall his ladder drill starts with six balls and works its way up to fifteen.

The drill is a challenge and once you get past six balls the rules of the drill certainly make it an advanced drill.

This tape and the tapes the short game - the middle game and the long game are worth the investment in my opinion.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

mike_in_iowa
05-11-2004, 10:45 AM
in my opinion Bert's stuff does not get the credit it deserves. Sure he has put out a few poor quality tapes, but the overwelming majority are great.
The ladder tape is a great drill and is really advanced. I could never get thru it with 12 balls but I could with 9.
When I was doing this drill alot I was hitting the balls really good. Well worth it. I also like his 1st tape, star patterns and his pattern series.

mike in iowa

nAz
05-11-2004, 02:16 PM
I have watch his star pattern tape and it has helped me get around the table a lot easier. how is his winning safety tip tape? is that right?

phil in sofla
05-11-2004, 03:43 PM
I have many of Bert's tapes, and found something of value on all of them I have, some more than others, of course.

I think the knock on him was from those who knew of him in his younger days in Chicago (was it?). Sort of a sub-shortstop, from what I understood, heard rumors of use of certain substance popularized in the '80s, and his tapes were often demonstrations on a bar box, and a lot of people didn't take it all that seriously whatsoever.

However, as some of his stuff became stone reference material recommended by many, as the Pro Book's author credited him with standardizing drilling and that approach to training, and as both up and comers and established greats began to seek out his coaching, I think he is getting the recognition now that had been somewhat slow in coming. That may have been the case for some years now.