PDA

View Full Version : Nick Berg video

sack316
05-13-2004, 02:00 AM
hi all, as sad as it is I did find a site hosting this very disturbing video. I commend the site for having the guts to show the whole thing, but I warn you it is absolutely horrible. I won't post the link on here because the site also has some adult smut well.... all over it, and second you have to be absolutely sure you'd want to see it. So anyone who does want the link to it either PM me or you are welcome to email me sack316@msn.com I'll save the file just in case they decide to take it down. And once more I'll warn you, it's brutal, offensive, sad, and disturbing.

nhp
05-13-2004, 05:02 AM
I saw a video of Chechen rebels doing the same thing to a Russian soldier. I saw it by accident, and I was disturbed for a week. I would advise people not to see this video. It's one of the worst feelings you can possibly get by watching something like this. It makes me cringe just to think about it.

I hope those people who are responsible for it get tortured before they die. How can those stupid hypocrites say they are holy when they totally violate Islamic teachings. They are all scum, I hope they rott.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2004, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr>...I hope those people who are responsible for it get tortured before they die....<hr /></blockquote>

I don't care I just hope they die before they do that to somebody else. They're smelly pigs. Actually they're worse than pigs.

I'm not going to watch the video. I heard the audio of it yesterday and that was bad enough.

How ironic. A group that wants to go back to the 7th century and practices human sacrifice uses the internet to spread their nasty filth.

this makes me want to kill somebody. now i know how those prison guards felt.

sack316
05-13-2004, 07:27 AM
wally, nhp, I felt the same way as you guys when I watched it and I sure hope they get whats coming to them. As I watched it I became so angry I'm wishin the military could just loan me a few big guns and explosives and send me on my merry little way over there.

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi think they need to nuke that whole part of the world. Were better off without them and their children as they will be taugh the same ways. There's no saving them anyway and the world would be a safer place.

C.C.~~feels for the loved ones of Nick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nAz
05-13-2004, 08:19 AM
send me the the link!

nAz
05-13-2004, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I don't care I just hope they die before they do that to somebody else. They're smelly pigs. Actually they're worse than pigs.

<hr /></blockquote>

yes they are worse then pigs, they are humans and humans can do the worse things to one another.

nAz
05-13-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi think they need to nuke that whole part of the world. Were better off without them and their children as they will be taugh the same ways. There's no saving them anyway and the world would be a safer place.

C.C.~~feels for the loved ones of Nick. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

CC you are scaring me, really. did not bush say it is only a very few radicals that are causing all these problems? why murder a billion plus people to get a few thousand?

BTW i do feel for Bergs Familly, but that is a big risk for anyone going over there while that nation is in such chaos. I heard he had a chance to get out after they first arrested him but he wanted to stay.

sack316
05-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Naz, link is in your PM box

UWPoolGod
05-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Unreal. Can everyone say parking lot?

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Unreal. Can everyone say parking lot? <hr /></blockquote>

Theoretically, what with the sand and all, the surface would be glass /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sack316
05-13-2004, 11:33 AM
so we'll take the glass and put some rails down and all do FL's 11 rail shot /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi nAz,

Your right. I thought about it after I wrote it. It isn't fair to judge a complete country by a few. I was wrong. I don't like to think about the children either. I feel real bad for the parents of that young man. We need to do something though. This was too much.

Please forgive me,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
05-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Please send me the link too...

Voodoo~~~says NUKE 'EM ALL and wont change his mind!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2004, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ..... It isn't fair to judge a complete country by a few...... <hr /></blockquote>

The guys that did this are not even Iraqis.

A lot of these attacks are being perpetrated by foreigners who have come to fight the Americans.

highsea
05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> The guys that did this are not even Iraqis.

A lot of these attacks are being perpetrated by foreigners who have come to fight the Americans. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally, while Zaquari is not an Iraqi, I think most of his followers are. Granted, there are many fighters who have gone to Iraq from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, and other places to fight Americans and try to provoke civil war in Iraq.

Most of Zaquari's followers in Iraq come from the ranks of Ansar Al Islam in the north. Sadr's Mehdi Army, and the new groups coming out of Baghdad and the Sunni triangle are mostly made up from Saddam's Fedayeen and the disbanded Iraqi Army. Add to that number many of the Iraqi criminals that Sadddam released from prison prior to the invasion.

-CM

SpiderMan
05-13-2004, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>
BTW i do feel for Bergs Familly, but that is a big risk for anyone going over there while that nation is in such chaos. I heard he had a chance to get out after they first arrested him but he wanted to stay. <hr /></blockquote>

There are are some very active Google discussions going on about this incident. One postulation is that Berg was somehow seeking contact with the enemy, hence his arrest. Even so, I'm sure he never expected to be murdered.

The video is horrible, and very difficult to watch.

SpiderMan

highsea
05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Berg's (deceased)sister was married to an Iraqi. Berg had visited him in his home in the north just prior to his kidnapping.

According to all accounts, he was there to try to find work repairing broadcast antennas. I think he felt that his family ties, and lack of affiliation with the army and CPA somehow protected him.

It's a shame that he did not heed the warnings and take advantage of the offer to be transported out of the country. Iraq is not a safe place for idealists.

-CM

UWPoolGod
05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I am sure the money is super good from the hazard pay to go over there, but you would never see me doing it. A helicopter mechanic friend of mine from high school was in Afghanistan for a while and wants to go over to Iraq becuase he'd make $100,000 more than he normally would. Screw that. You'd never find me any place that are likely attack zones. Like buses/markets in Isreal, or now trains in Spain.
I don't really do vacations, but if I really wanted to take one there is 100% surity that I'd be sitting on a beach somehere in the Pacific/Carribean before heading to any of those countries. If that means the terrorists won than so be it.

highsea
05-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I agree UWPG. There isn't enough money to get me over there looking for a job.

As far as vacations go, a bucket of Coronas, a Mexican beach, and a bunch of bikini clad girls beats a 130 degree desert, filthy markets and burkha covered women hands down.

-CM

UWPoolGod
05-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Come on man...Burkhas are hot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
05-13-2004, 03:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> hi all, as sad as it is I did find a site hosting this very disturbing video. ...So anyone who does want the link to it either PM me or you are welcome to email me ...I'll save the file just in case they decide to take it down. <hr /></blockquote>

Sack, I don't care what motivated you to search out this video, but why offer it up here? Anyone who really feels the need to see this can easily find it for themselves.

I don't think this board is the appropriate place to propogate this trash.

-CM

striker_3
05-13-2004, 03:30 PM
I saw the video. I've seen worse things done to human beings, but that doesn't make it any less disturbing. There seems to be other "screams" in the background, almost sounds like there were other victims in the room too.

highsea
05-13-2004, 03:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Come on man...Burkhas are hot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, if you're the one wearing it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM~~~doesn't wear burkhas

highsea
05-13-2004, 03:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote striker_3:</font><hr> I saw the video...<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, but I haven't seen you post up on an Internet forum and offer to email it out on request. Do that, and I will criticize you also.

-CM

Qtec
05-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Chris, dont beat yourself up about it. Any normal person who sees that video goes thru the same emotions. First disgust, then anger and then revenge.
The people who commit these crimes are not religious. They are either evil or misguided. Sometimes both.

My question is; what is a Jewish guy doing walking round Iraq on his own when its a war zone?

Q

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Wally,

Being an xsargent in the Army I was just thinking of killing everyone. You do know that young man was dead before they made that tape. It's so doctored it isn't funny. I know they put this kid through hell first. Look for the movements and the tape counter, you'll see. So sad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm so bothered by the tape and have been all day. It just isn't right the parents had to view this abomination.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Hi Voodoo,

Please don't watch it. It's not good. I wished I never did. You can't close your eyes to something like that because it does exist. We need to get out of there or we need to get in there, either way something must be done.

You'd think they'd police their own country. That whole part of the world hates us anyway. They have to know they must go in full force. Fear is all they understand.

Regards,

C.C.

sack316
05-14-2004, 02:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>

Sack, I don't care what motivated you to search out this video, but why offer it up here? Anyone who really feels the need to see this can easily find it for themselves.

I don't think this board is the appropriate place to propogate this trash.

-CM <hr /></blockquote>

well thanks for the opinion, but apparently it was not so easy to find for anyone who wanted to see it... at least judging by the number of emails and PM's I got requesting the link. And I also gave good warning about how disturbing it was, and thats why I didn't post the link directly here, so others could think about if they wanted it instead of just quickly clicking on a link. And this is the appropriate board because this is the "non-pool related", had I posted it in a pool section you would be right. I was simply offering an opportunity to those (and only those) who did want to see what they otherwise may not get to see. Believe it or not it is not easy for some people to navigate the web to find it even if they did want to seek it out, I simply afforded anyone interested the opportunity to quickly obtain it. I know how touchy this thing is, and thats why I presented it in the manner that I did. So while I am sorry that I do not agree with your opinion, I will sir defend to the death your right to have it.

highsea
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> And this is the appropriate board because this is the "non-pool related", had I posted it in a pool section you would be right.

<font color="red"> I was referring to the CCB as a whole, not the NPR forum. </font color>

I was simply offering an opportunity to those (and only those) who did want to see what they otherwise may not get to see. Believe it or not it is not easy for some people to navigate the web to find it even if they did want to seek it out, I simply afforded anyone interested the opportunity to quickly obtain it.

<font color="red"> How kind of you. I'm sure the Berg family would see it your way. </font color>

I know how touchy this thing is, and thats why I presented it in the manner that I did. So while I am sorry that I do not agree with your opinion, I will sir defend to the death your right to have it.

<font color="red"> Very noble words, thanks a lot. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

There are young people on this board. Did you consider that? How do you think a parent would feel if he found this on his kids computer, and you were the source.

Have you considered the devastation this caused the Berg family, and how they would feel if they knew you were emailing this video around? Put yourself in their position for one minute.

Have you considered that this is terrorist propaganda, and you are spreading it? I'm sure they appreciate your help.

Have you read your MSN acceptable use policy?

nAz
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Nothing wrong with your post Sack, its all over the net anyway.

sack316
05-14-2004, 01:31 PM
well again highsea, I'm sorry that we do differ in opinion on this, but thus far you are the only one. And my apologies to you personally if it offends you. But what I did was done in the right way. If it was wrong in the CCB as a whole then discussion of it whatsoever would be too (as I did not directly post a link). As far as my MSN acceptable use policy, I am not emailing the video file, I am sending links. I am not spreading terrorist propoganda, I am showing a whole truth to those who WANT to see it here. (Had I been advertising it to an Iraqi village I may then see your point). And I guess thats about it... oh, except if you are worried about young people on this board you may not want to refer to having a bucket of beer on the beach looking at bikini clad women. Their parents may not like that either.
But again, sorry if you don't like this post. But there are other threads and also I hope you are as concerned with the war on terror as you seem to be with a flame on Sack.

highsea
05-14-2004, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> And I guess thats about it... oh, except if you are worried about young people on this board you may not want to refer to having a bucket of beer on the beach looking at bikini clad women. Their parents may not like that either.
<hr /></blockquote>
If you do not see the qualitative difference between talking about drinking beer on the beach and looking at girls in bikinis, vs. the Berg video, then I will never make my point with you.

I was not setting out to flame you. I am disgusted by what happened to Nick Berg, and I feel sympathy for his family. If that was my brother, I know how I'd feel if that video was being passed around the net.

There is a difference between the discussion and the video. That is why no news media showed the video, but they all covered the story. It is about showing respect for the victim and his family.

The fact that this gruesome clip is passing it's way around the Internet is disturbing in itself. How many kids are going to see this video? You defend your action by saying you are just passing the link. However, in your original post you stated that you saved the file in case the site gets shut down. I hope you use some discretion when you pass this around, and be positive about who you send it to.

As I said earlier, I don't care why you felt you had to see this. Presumably you are an adult and are capable of making your own decisions. nuff said. cheers.

-CM

sack316
05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
ok, well I appreciate you saying you weren't out to flame me, guess I took some of your post in the wrong tone. I was disgusted with the video too, but if it were by brother, friend, or (as in this case) fellow American I would want it passed around and hopefully light a fire under some people and raise awareness of what is going on. Again thats somewhere we differ in opinion and neither of us is wrong. And the news media did show the video from the point he was talking and also bound in front of them. Pretty much every news coverage I saw said they couldn't show the rest because of how graphic it was, no one said out of respect. If that were the case I believe they would have not shown any of the video. I do agree with you about some kids seeing that stuff, but that part is up to the parents. I mean, I remember gory pictures in textbooks at school. There's no reason to just close your eyes and pretend it's not there. But, so you do know I have used discretion in sending it anyway, so no worries there. Sorry this one is so unorganized, but I gotta take my Dad to a ballgame then meet up with ol' girl to shoot some pool. Everyone have a great and blessed night.