PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas BCA Nationals - Cue Selling Advice

SpiderMan
05-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm taking my Erwin custom cue to the BCA Nationals with hope of selling it. I've never sold a cue before, so I'm looking for a little advice.

Here's what I've done - I took some good pictures and put together a collage with some text descriptions and my cell number, and printed a bunch of these on 4x6 photo cards. One of my teammates is going out tomorrow (several days ahead of me) with instructions to distribute/post the cards in opportune places. I'm hoping to generate some interest and calls by the time I get out there next Tuesday.

Does this sound like a good plan, are there any other ways to go about it that might work better? I don't really want to walk around with a sign on my back, but if I have to I guess I could.

Should I try to get one of the used-cue vendors to sell on commission?

Where should I have my friend post these 4x6 cards? By the bill changers? Over the urinals? Is there usually a bulletin board somewhere?

SpiderMan

Eric.
05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
I think you answered your own question. I would post pics with your cell phone# where people tend to hang like:

the tourney charts

next to the main doors/entrance

the can

the wall by the telephones

the wall by the Worlds Fare buffet

Las Vegas Cue Club(when we do another all nighter there)

I think it might be worth talking to cue dealers only as a plan B. Maybe show them the cue, talk price and see how you do on your own, first. Generally, you'll get less going through a Dealer, as they need to make a profit too. Then again, if the cue has appreciated enough, it might be worth it to pay someone.

Eric >leaving tommorrow

Chris Cass
05-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Hi Marty,

I would ask at the mini tourney events. There's lots of gambling and the first few days are the best. IMHO

Regards,

C.C.

SpiderMan
05-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Eric,

Thanks for the ideas, I gave Thomas an extra set of pictures and your cell #.

SpiderMan