PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wake up screaming in the night

Qtec
05-14-2004, 05:47 AM
...after you have lost on a mistake that you have made a 100 times before?
It happened to me again yeserday at the local house tourny.In a race to 5 I,m 4-2 up and I have this position.

START(
%Fj8X7%Hg8T6%IL1V9%P\5W2%Q\7N0%Rh2U1%Wh3X5%X^1W6%Y r7V1%Zj1X4
%[\8O6%\s0U5%]j0U1%^s0U9
)END

I first got out the rest, put it back and played the shot giving more attention to not touching the 9 with my shirt than to the shot at hand. I was playing for pos A but accidentally gave a touch of IE and I knocked the 8 to a difficult pos and then missed.

If I had just had another look,I would have gone with my original decision and I would have been in the final.
When I opened my eyes this morning I immediately let out ,F#$*. Then my girlfriend puts it all in perspective.
"I dont know what you are bothered about. Its just a game. Its not like you have never lost before!".

Qtec............F#$% /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
05-14-2004, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Then my girlfriend puts it all in perspective.
"I dont know what you are bothered about. Its just a game. Its not like you have never lost before!".<hr /></blockquote>

Wow!! That's COLD!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
05-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Wow!! That's COLD!!!!!! &lt;--- pooltchr

Yeah no doubt...get rid of her LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
At least she is sitting there watching you play.

What I hate is missing one ball in my match in the 5th game to cost me the shutout and another Table Run. Still ended with a 5-1 win with 2 BNR and 2 TR, but damn I wanted that 3rd TR at a 3-inning total for the match, instead there was 6 innings. My record so far is 5-innings, DAMN IT!

Keith Talent
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
So you wished you had gone along with your first instinct and used the bridge? Is that what you're saying? Yeah, that would sting not getting out from there, and I know the feelin', though not at the cost of getting into a final.

Rod
05-14-2004, 02:26 PM
No, never woke up screaming. I did wake up two days ago swatting flies, but there weren't any flies.

Nightstalker
05-15-2004, 10:32 PM
"I was playing for pos A but accidentally gave a touch of IE and I knocked the 8 to a difficult pos and then missed.
If I had just had another look,I would have gone with my original decision and I would have been in the final."

But earlier there you said you accidentally used IE and ended up running into the eight. Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds like you made a bad stroke rather than a bad decision.

Tiabin
05-15-2004, 10:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> No, never woke up screaming. I did wake up two days ago swatting flies, but there weren't any flies. <hr /></blockquote>
Better than waking up only to have realized they WERE real, and happen to now be smashed on your face! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But earlier there you said you accidentally used IE and ended up running into the eight. Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds like you made a bad stroke rather than a bad decision.
<hr /></blockquote>

My bad shot was the result of a loss of concentration.
if you want to be consistant,you have to have routine.Pre shot routine is very important because the shot starts way before you actually hit the ball. IMO one of the most important parts of the PSR is visualising the shot you are going to play. You have to imagine yourself stroking the Qb,see the path the Qb takes after hitting the OB ,see where in hits the rail and where it goes after that.
In effect,you program yourself to play a certain shot in a certain way.If you change your mind for any reason, you have to go thru the whole process again. I didn't. I got down ,played a shot that I hadnt 100% decided on,a shot that I wasnt 100% happy with and consequently played it badly.

Qtec

Frank_Glenn
05-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, but it has more to do with leg cramps than pool.

wolfdancer
05-16-2004, 09:31 PM
If.....it's probably why we don't see you in the TV finals, too often.
At least you can get some sleep before...the "flashback" I go to bed screaming.