PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about my Meucci?

05-02-2002, 03:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been on here a couple of times and always been amazed at the quality of help everyone gives out, so now I've got a slightly more challenging question.
I live in the UK where it's really tough to get a decent pool cue. The other day, however, a guy I sometimes play in one of the few halls in London sold me a Meucci for 80 (about $120).
It seems a bit old, but it hits the ball beautifully compared to the crap UK-manufactured rubbish I've been using up until now.
The thing is, I'd love to know what type of Meucci this is. I went to the Meucci website and found one of their current cues that has the same butt-design. It's a power-piston (PP4) and can be seen on:
http://www.meuccicues.com/Meucci4.htm
However, my cue must be much older than this (it's not in the '97 collection that Meucci shows on its 'history' link), and while the design is the same the colours are different. While the PP4 is mostly cream with some red and black design, this one I have is a sort of beige-brown swirling grain colour on the designed areas with mostly black detail and a tiny bit of dark-red lines and silver dots. If anyone knows anything about this cue I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Doctor_D
05-02-2002, 04:38 AM
Good morning:

You might want to consider sending an E-Mail request for information, with a digital photo if possible, directly to Meucci.

Dr. D.

Vagabond
05-02-2002, 04:59 AM
Hello Dr.D,
To post a message at 6.38 AM u must really be an Addict. LOL.
Don`t be mislead by the time of my post.Here in Newzealand it is 11.07 pm Thursday.cheers
Vagabond

CarolNYC
05-02-2002, 05:07 AM
Hi there,
I would suggest you direct your question to BLACKHEART!
Carol

Doctor_D
05-02-2002, 05:25 AM
Good morning:

My weekdays begin at 4:00AM when my alarm clock goes off. Then, after a shower and some paint and body work, I am off to the train station for the 5:30AM train into New York City. At 6:30AM, baring any travel delays and/or distractions, I am at my desk.

I love an early start to my day!

Dr. D.

Vagabond
05-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Getting up at 4Am is brutal ! Do u take number 2 train to wall street? That train is always packed and travel in number 2 train is uncomfortable. cheers
vagabond

05-03-2002, 07:08 AM
Who's Blackheart?

Rich R.
05-03-2002, 07:45 AM
Chris, allow me to respond for Carol. More than likely, she is busy this morning preparing to travel to the C.A.T. tournament this weekend.
Blackheart is a cue maker who posts on this board regularly. He is extremely knowledgeable about cue making and about cues in general. Maybe he will see this thread, but it may be better if you send him a personal message. However, I think you will have to register to do that.
In his profile, he has made his email address public, so you may want to try that.
His email --- blkhrt4@insightbb.com

Rich R.