PDA

View Full Version : Chop Stroke

Sid_Vicious
05-15-2004, 11:32 AM
I am seemingly finding that some shots work better for me if I emulate what I see others do sometimes, chop the stroke instead of follow through. Take the long rail banks with the OB pinned to the short rail, it is becoming clear for the most part to me that a very short, punchy stroke gets the job done, whereas the fundamental consistent follow through doesn't. I also see others who are super at shooting any kind of jacked up, they usually just "pop" the CB and freeze immediately, hardly any cue tip through the stroke at all. Is this a bandaid I'm wanting to incorporate, or is there indeed times for non-fundamental strokes for these kinds of shots? Which types of shots might you alter your stroke in this way???sid

Chris Cass
05-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Sid,

Can you use the wei table for the example? Yes, the punch stroke is part of the game too. That's mainly a bar box shot but yes, your follow through is still there but only more of a diliberate short jab. Like a stun shot is.

Regards,

C.C.~~if I'm reading you right?

Bob_Jewett
05-18-2004, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>... I also see others who are super at shooting any kind of jacked up, they usually just "pop" the CB and freeze immediately<hr /></blockquote>
I think this is the key. When you're elevated, it's harder to follow through straight with a long stroke, so a very short back stroke may help.

They are not getting some kind of special spin on the ball.