PDA

View Full Version : Still on the Winners Side!!!

nhp
05-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I played in the Northridge championship 4 today, a $2000 added USPPA event. Won all my matches, I get to go back tomorrow! Funny thing is I only got 2 hours of sleep but I was in dead stroke most of my matches. Tomorrow it's single elimination even for the winners side, but we all get a first round bye, so I am guaranteed at least 6th place I think. Knowing me I'll be too excited to sleep again tonight!

cueball1950
05-15-2004, 10:35 PM
NHP....knock dem balls in da hole. send da balls home....go get em.... where is this tournament being held......mike

Tom_In_Cincy
05-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Congrats nhp-.. keep it up.. win some more tomorrow and enjoy your efforts.

Will you be coming to Hard Times Jamboree? Please do and please come and introduce yourself. I will be there the entire week. Just ask for Tom the TD.

Good luck Sunday..

nhp
05-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's been a while since I did well in a big tournament. Tom, is this gonna be at Hard Times Sacramento or Hard Times in Bellflower? I usually go to the H.T. in Bellflower tournaments with Ernesto Dominguez's son Oscar. If it's the one up north I wouldn't be able to go, I'm savin up some cash for a new car.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-15-2004, 10:55 PM
It's in Sacramento.. Sorry you won't be able to make it. I know how important it is to save for a new car.

Good luck anyway.. I hope to be giving updates nightly for the 6 day event. $15,000 added.

tateuts
05-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Nat,

Congrats, Nat - wish I could join you. I'm glad you are playing good.

I got eliminated by Bryce Avila yesterday or I would be with you today. He eliminated Lorry DeLeon and I drew him next. I got on the hill pretty quick then started making mistakes. He slopped in a nine and broke one in. I made a hair thin cut on the nine right to the center of the corner pocket and the ball stopped short! I had him and let him off the hook -we went hill/hill then I had ball in hand and got a little too carried away with myself and just missed.

He sure has a lot of talent - I think we'll be seeing him on TV sometime in the future.

Chris

Scott Lee
05-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Nat...Congratulations! I hope some the things I shared with you, six months ago, are helping you to perform at your peak level! Be sure and let us know how you finish up today! Maybe you'll go ALL the way! Hope so! Good luck! I look forward to seeing you again, the next time I am in S. CA!

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
05-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Play tough brother. If there going to beat you make sure they have to work for it. Good luck,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
05-16-2004, 04:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Good luck! I look forward to seeing you again, the next time I am in S. CA!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Scott,

Let me know when you're headed out here too - let's get together!

Chris

wolfdancer
05-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Did you forget to show him how to get a good night's sleep?...or is that lesson Two?
Hey, it's taken awhile, but I'm now a better player, after taking a lesson from you.
I don't mean, like, anybody will lose sleep over the thought of having to face me the next day...I'm sort of like Rock Hard Ten (my new web alias)...always coming in second....but I'm a better loser now, then I was...and I'm operating only on one good leg...still on crutches, after breaking my ankle. Do you ever get up to the Portland area?

Chris Cass
05-17-2004, 05:43 AM
Hey Chris,

Looks like you did well too. I do want to give you a positive note. If you were that close, that's within striking distance from taking it off? That's something to think about. In a strong field like that I'd say you've definitely have game and pose a vial threat. I'm willing to bet you'll be back and only nextime. You'll not make any mental errors. Great job Chris. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Scott Lee
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Jack...Gosh, I didn't even know you had moved from the Bay Area! LOL I am building a list of people around the Portland area, to put together a trip over there. We'll keep in touch! Bummer about the ankle! Hope it heals well for you!

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Chris...MOST DEFINITELY! I OWE ya, buddy!

Scott