PDA

View Full Version : The Most Mispelled Word Online-Definitely!

Nostroke
05-16-2004, 11:01 AM
That's it for sure 'definite, definitely'. There just is no 'a' !

Troy
05-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Two more candidates :

Your vs you're
There vs their

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
05-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Nostroke,

This is one word I do spell right. There many I spell wrong. I'm not very good at grammer, puncuation, sentence structure nor spelling. I try hard for those who like yourself get aggravated. I know how you feel because I hate when someone doesn't capitalize anyones first name or last. I think they're disrespecting them. However, I don't dwell much on others shortcomings as I have my own.

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
05-16-2004, 04:10 PM
To-too, you're-your and plural nouns.
Somehow people add an apostrophe before the s.
Where did that come from? Hickville? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RailbirdJAM
05-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Lose and Loose, loser and looser, know and no, its and it's, just to add a few to the list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RailbirdJAM

9 Ball Girl
05-16-2004, 05:08 PM
and sometime vs. some time

Nostroke
05-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Chris i know you think i always am upset and most of the time you are probably right, but I do not get upset at people for their grammar or spelling. Spelling in particular is just IMHO an "either you have it or you don't thing" and doesn't mean much by any measure. One of the smartest bosses i ever had couldn't spell cat if you gave him the first letter.

I was just pointing out my observation because i can't help but notice it mispelled so often. Many of the other examples noted in this thread are not purely spelling errors, more syntax or grammar mistakes. You're right Rbird Loose and lose-very common indeed. I was very surprised when i first saw that one.

moblsv
05-16-2004, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr>
Your vs you're
<hr /></blockquote>

That reminds me. I was at the gas station the other day and saw one of those body pierced, big pants kids with big block letters across his cars back window saying "YOUR BORING". I'm sure he had no clue. I just wanted to ask him "Your boring what?"

Chris Cass
05-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi Nostroke,

Naa, I don't think your angry all the time. I think you do let things get to you though. Your a good man and I agree on many things you get upset or bothered by too. We all have things we let get to us. Just some are different than others. No more, no less. It's just being human. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~one day will share a beer togather and pick on the people we watch. LOL

Qtec
05-17-2004, 08:20 AM
I would say you are definately wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Chris Cass
05-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Ahh, ball buster.

C.C.~~hmmm

Nostroke
05-17-2004, 10:35 AM
maybe your right, but that doesn't mean I'm a looser!

mred477
05-17-2004, 10:54 AM
How about adding "Receive" to that list. "I" after "E" except after "C" doesn't work here.

Will

highsea
05-17-2004, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I would say you are definately wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, the most 'mispelled' word is misspelled

-CM /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

highsea
05-17-2004, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mred477:</font><hr> How about adding "Receive" to that list. "I" after "E" except after "C" doesn't work here.

Will <hr /></blockquote>

I beleive you may have that rule backwards. I hope I am not percieved as acting concieted . I am not trying to decieve anyone, or cause a greivance among freinds . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Alfie
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
then for than

pooltchr
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>
I beleive you may have that rule backwards. I hope I am not percieved as acting concieted . I am not trying to decieve anyone, or cause a greivance among freinds . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM <hr /></blockquote>
Isn't that "weird"?????????

Nostroke
05-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Wow! What a jerk I turned out to be!

You must be right though.I obviously set myself up real good and it took so long for someone to catch it. Rather it's probably not the most misspelled online because it isn't used that often but per attempt, I am sure you are right.

Man that's brutal!

Moderator-Please delete this thread!!.

Cueless Joey
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Looser or loser?
I'm confused.

Rod
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
shot for shoot or vice versa

9 Ball Girl
05-17-2004, 07:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Looser or loser?
I'm confused. <hr /></blockquote>Here I'll help you:

Looser = Britney Spears

Loser = Michael Jackson

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
05-17-2004, 07:24 PM
LOL!
Abundantly clear now!!

Cueless Joey
05-17-2004, 08:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Looser or loser?
I'm confused. <hr /></blockquote>Here I'll help you:

Looser = Britney Spears

Loser = Michael Jackson

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Classic!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lose the loose pants b/c you look like a clown?

Chris Cass
05-17-2004, 10:33 PM
HAHAHAHA That would be me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.