PDA

View Full Version : refabricing table

phelix
05-17-2004, 08:06 AM
hi all
i am in the prosssess of putting new felt on my table and was wondering if anyone new how to refabric a table or at least the best way. any help will great. thanks

its like throwing a shoe. really how throws a shoe

Chris Cass
05-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Phelix, Phelix, Phelix,

It's cloth. Now, let a pro handle it. You could do the bed yourself but, you'll need a pro to do the rails. They're way too tough for a newbie. First watch and learn. There's tucks and cuts that you need to see first hand. IMHO

Regards,

C.C.

mworkman
05-18-2004, 08:28 AM
I think you can do it yourself. I did mine with absolutely no experience. The rails will be time consuming, but it is a good experience for you.

Chris Cass
05-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi mworkman,

I don't doubt he can do it himself. I just think it'll take him a week and if he messes up the cloth he'll have to buy more. The rail cloth will most likely come loose and he'll go nuts trying to get it right.

I just think if he watched it done the right way the first time he'll have a good idea of what needs to be done in what way. By all means let him try it himself but please let us know how it went.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
05-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi Phelix,

Well, here you go,

http://www.bestbilliard.com/resources/buildtable/cloth.cfm

Please let us know how it went.

Regards,

C.C.

mworkman
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Hey Chris, Just to let you know it took me about an hour or so per rail, so about 6 hours. That includes removing old cloth/staples and adding new shims. It also took me an additional 4 hours later adding the 2nd shim because I wanted to tighten it up some more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I used 5/16" staples. Seemed about right.

I just think that a lot of people think it is harder then it really is, and are willing to pay big bucks to have someone else do it. $250.00 around here where I live. I called the local guy and he wanted $125 just to put the cloth on the rails. Also, it will give you a sense of pride in doing the job yourself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Be carefull not to become emotionally attached to the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif