PDA

View Full Version : Over 100 points in a single APA session.

cycopath
05-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Last night we ended our Spring APA 8 Ball session for a grand total of 102 points. Our league operator (who's team we were playing against) said he'd never had a team score 100 points or more in a session before. This is over an 18 week session.

Has anyone else seen a team score over 100 in a session?

I was just wondering if it's actually that unusual.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2004, 09:35 AM
I would say if it never happened before it would be unusual. By my calcs you averaged 4.67 wins per match out of 5 possible. Were the other teams pissed?

I think the highest average I have seen is somewhere between 3.5 and 4.0 per match

breaknrun1
05-18-2004, 09:37 AM
I am assuming that you are playing 5 players each night with a 1 point bonus for turning in the paperwork (total of 6 pts possible each week). In the 5 years i've been in the APA, usually winning an average of 3.25 games per week would win you the session. So, (3.25 + 1 bonus pt) * 18 weeks = 76.5 pts. Usually mid 60's to low 70's wins our leagues which would include 3 or 4 byes (only 3 pts awarded). Most of our sessions are highly competitive (not one dominate team) even though a lot of games are given away (dumped) /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif. So to average 5.67 pts out of 6 would be highly unusual unless your team is 10x better than everyone else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kelly

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2004, 09:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote breaknrun1:</font><hr> ... Usually mid 60's to low 70's wins our leagues....<hr /></blockquote>

Yeh that's what I was thinking. 72 to 75 would be a runaway victory for a 16-weeek session.

cycopath
05-18-2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Were the other teams pissed?
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure they weren't really excited about us completely annihilating them every week, but I never heard anyone say anything negative about it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, remember you get 2 bonus points for turning in your paperwork and money on time. So it's a possible 7 points per week.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Curiously enough a team won the summer session, finished about 8 ahead the spring session with about 76, then finished dead last the spring session. The LO was seriously considering DQ'ing them from the city tournament.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2004, 09:55 AM
So you averaged 3.66 per week. That sounds a bit more reasonable. I think the highest I've seen was 3.75. They were many new players who were under-handicapped.

One time a gal recruited a crew of ringers from the local pool hall. There were B players playing as 4's on that team. By the time they got to the city tourney they could barely field a team their handicaps were so high. They went 2 and out.

UWPoolGod
05-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Thats a long session. I think that we have 3 13 or so week sessions and then have the Tri-cups after that. Seems to me that the 1st palce team in ours has around 65-75 also. Our first session my team lost 14 bonus points cause the post office wasn't picking up the outside mail box letters every day as they were supposed to. Would have put us in 1st place. We went over and went postal on them. We would win 5-0 and get further behind the others and never knew why until the league operator told us we lost those points. GRRRRRR!!

cycopath
05-18-2004, 10:19 AM
It seems to me the LO would give you back those points when you figured out what was happening.

That sucks.

catscradle
05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote breaknrun1:</font><hr> ... a lot of games are given away (dumped) /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif. ...

Kelly <hr /></blockquote>

In the APA? I never heard of such behavior. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pelican
05-19-2004, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

I never heard anyone say anything negative about it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Who's a gonna say anyting. We the RACKATEERS. We is 'connected'. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif