PDA

View Full Version : Made in the USA should mean Made in the USA

Hiyadooin
05-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Part of the research and decision making on which table I was going to buy had to do with manufacturer reputation and the very important Made in the USA label. I finally settled on a private label table made to the dealers specifications which happened to be the specs I wanted in my Made in the USA table. The dealer, Brizzi's Billiards, in Laurel, had a model in house that he calls the Chesapeake. He said it was manufactured to his specs by Bailey. Made in the USA is the only table he'll sell and Bailey's makes the Chesapeake for him in the USA. His installers showed up today with my table, packed in boxes that said Fisher Pool Tables, made in Malaysia. Brizzi's suggested that the private label for Baileys is Fisher. I'll buy that. He also said that some components are made overseas, but that the bulk of the table is Made in the USA. The table legs, aprons, rails, and every other box with the table components had the country of origin as Malaysia. I guess the bolts and support beams make the table qualify as made in USA. Bottom line is that it's a nice looking table and for the kind of player that I am it should be fine. I really want to know the Made in USA is the real deal. Buyer Beware at Brizzies of Laurel.

SPetty
05-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Y'know, this is the kind of deal that really bugs me. The seller knew that "Made in the USA" was your very important criteria, then sells you a table made in Malaysia? I'd make him take it back and give me a full refund. Even if I liked the table, I'd probably do it on principal and get another table from another dealer.

NBC-BOB
05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I do agree that if anything says made in the USA,it should be made in the USA. What that dealer did was wrong.I wonder if there are any consumer laws, about this?