PDA

View Full Version : AZB , really slow?

Cueless Joey
05-18-2004, 12:28 PM
It's almost on dead crawl when I go there.
Is it slow from where you are too? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2004, 12:34 PM
as slow as it has ever been. I gave up trying to read it.

I'm surprised the dueling cuemakers have been able to continue their feud /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif not that I wanted to read it or anything. It was like the return of FL

pooljunkie73
05-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah i tried to go too. Still waiting for the forums to come up.

Kent Mc.

daviddjmp
05-18-2004, 12:44 PM
This site has always been slow. Not worth going to anymore IMO-

Alvin
05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
His site is too popular for his hosting plan. He simply gets too many hits during big tournaments.

tateuts
05-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but it is slow. Too bad because the site is a literal treasure chest of knowledge. You can go back for years and find complete brackets from numerous large and small tournaments. Then you have articles written by pros archived, and that huge player database. It just drives you nuts when it's so slow.

Chris

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Maybe Mike Howerton is in Vegas and doesn't have access to be able to fix the problem.

I guess we'll have to wait until next Sunday.. or even Monday.

Malice
05-21-2004, 11:02 PM
The home page is 165,277 bytes, which is way too bloated for a site like that. Ther main problem I see is they have enver paid any attention to load times.

highsea
05-22-2004, 03:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> as slow as it has ever been. I gave up trying to read it.

I'm surprised the dueling cuemakers have been able to continue their feud /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif not that I wanted to read it or anything. It was like the return of FL <hr /></blockquote>

hahaha, it's morphed into the "martial arts guys going to lunch" thread.

Anyway, the board is back up to it's usual (slower than optimum) pace. I'm sure it's a big relief to a certain prolific poster over there.

-CM~~~Hey, Wally, did you hear the one about the Candlemaker and the Glass City Open? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
05-22-2004, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> It's almost on dead crawl when I go there.
Is it slow from where you are too? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Didn't you hear Joey? Pool is dead! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-CM

Cueless Joey
05-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I think we hurt Bernie's feelings.
He has not posted in more than 12 hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-22-2004, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>......-CM~~~Hey, Wally, did you hear the one about the Candlemaker and the Glass City Open? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hmmm... I'm almost afraid to ask /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~glad BERNIE doesn't hang out here

AzHousePro
05-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Sorry about the site speed problems during the BCA event. I was in Vegas all week and was only getting online during the wee hours of the morning. I did get a call to let me know that the site was running doggy slow and I called my partner and had it rebooted. I was told that the speed issue was much better after that.

FYI, I am not on a limited bandwidth hosting plan. The server is colocated at a facility with multiple T3s.

Mike