PDA

View Full Version : I Was Like "Whoa"

9 Ball Girl
05-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Today at lunch I did my daily workout and speed walked the Brooklyn Bridge twice. On my way back, I bumped into a female who was gazing up at the skyline. Not a bad bump, just you're regular bump, I was getting out of her way and making sure not to get hit by a bike from the other lane. Anyway, I apologized to her and she looked at me, sucked her teeth and said, "F****** Indian".

Was it the color of my skin? Or was it my black hair parted in the middle combined with the color of my skin? Who knows for sure. I just responded the NY way--gave her a weird look and flipped her the bird. I just wasn't going to mess up my workout pace!

nhp
05-18-2004, 04:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Today at lunch I did my daily workout and speed walked the Brooklyn Bridge twice. On my way back, I bumped into a female who was gazing up at the skyline. Not a bad bump, just you're regular bump, I was getting out of her way and making sure not to get hit by a bike from the other lane. Anyway, I apologized to her and she looked at me, sucked her teeth and said, "F****** Indian".

Was it the color of my skin? Or was it my black hair parted in the middle combined with the color of my skin? Who knows for sure. I just responded the NY way--gave her a weird look and flipped her the bird. I just wasn't going to mess up my workout pace! <hr /></blockquote>

Hahah! I'm glad you flipped her off. That b**** deserved to get slapped. That's one thing I like about New Yorkers, they don't take crap from anyone.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Rather than flipping her off, you should have just blurted out 'Alien' or 'foreigner'

And, if you keep this up, you'll be skinny in Sept. and all the guys will be fighting off Dad.

9 Ball Girl
05-18-2004, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> And, if you keep this up, you'll be skinny in Sept. and all the guys will be fighting off Dad.
<hr /></blockquote>I'll just have to cling on for dear life! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

highsea
05-18-2004, 11:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'll just have to cling on for dear life! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just don't flip him off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-CM~~doesn't think 9BG would do that...

Chris Cass
05-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Hi Wendy,

I think you have a beautiful complexion and a soft skin tone. I think it's all the result of 911 still. NY people have been through so much. Some can't handle it and anyone with a soft olive tone to them is a threat. You should have asked if she'd like to see the bottom of the bridge.

You did the right thing anyway. She deserved more but you made your point. Accidents happen and you did apologize. Some people have no heart. Your not one of them and it shows in your smile.

Regards,

C.C.~~hang in there, nextime knock her over. LOL

SPetty
05-19-2004, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I bumped into a female who was gazing up at the skyline.<hr /></blockquote>Rest assured I'm not defending her, but maybe she had a bad day or a bad week, and maybe you were the 5th or 6th person to bump into her that day. Maybe she'd just had enough dammit and you happened to be the one to take the brunt.

You should feel honored. That's a position normally reserved for spouses and loved ones! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~not that I've ever had a bad day and taken it out on my beloved at the end of the day... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
05-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Should have told her to "watch where the F she was going." But you're a polite New Yorker and just gave the Finger. HAHA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif What a town.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-19-2004, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Should have told her to "watch where the F she was going." But you're a polite New Yorker and just gave the Finger. HAHA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif What a town. <hr /></blockquote>

Jimmy Valvano was asked "What's the difference between living in NY and North Carolina?"

He replied in New York if you ask somebody for the time they say "What the f*** do I look like? Big Ben?"

In North Carolina they say "Oh you poor boy you lost your watch" then they take you home with them and cook you dinner.

Candyman
05-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Wendy, what she did was so disrespectful. She was probably raised by parents that were cold and thoughtless and she turned out the same way. People like that are to be pitied. They usually never find true happiness. Never the less, what she did was uncalled for and dangerous. You did good to control yourself.

Btw, be carefull who you flip the bird. Our pastor was flipped the bird at a stop light a few weeks ago. He didn't take off when the light changed quick enough for the motorist behind him and the horn blowing and finger waving got started. He was giving a sermon on patience as it relates to the Bible a few days later and he cited the incedent. The funny thing about the story was when the pastor stated that he recognized the driver and he was a church member. Then he said he wanted to welcome him to the service and offered his forgiveness. He never would give up his identity, but I know that guy wanted to crawl under a pew. The congregation died laughing.

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2004, 01:37 PM
LOL. That's a good story. Actually, I was taken a little aback only because I've been called N*****, S***, you name it, but I've never thought I looked Native American. She didn't seem like she was playing with a full deck, if you know what I mean, and I usually don't go flipping to everyone, I'll usually voice whatever it is I have to say without cursing but like I said, I didn't feel like killing my workout momentum. LOL I do agree with you about being careful of who you get into arguments with not only because of who the person might know or whatever, but because today there is no fair fight.

Wendy&lt;---occasionally wonders whatever happened to the 3 o'clock in the schoolyard fights. sigh.

UWPoolGod
05-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Were you wearing a hood? Maybe she meant Indian (dots, not feathers). Who knows what one can find in the mind of a moron...

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Nope. It was 80something degree weather (too hot for hoods!) and I was wearing a tanktop and spandex shorts. Oh, and my CD walkman. That's all.

nAz
05-19-2004, 02:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Actually, I was taken a little aback only because I've been called N*****, S***, you name it, <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry about that but uh err it was a passionate moment. 8====D /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UWPoolGod
05-19-2004, 03:16 PM
LOL Naz

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Much thanks for the visual Wendy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
05-19-2004, 04:04 PM
You should have pulled out your tomahawk and cut her into little pieces! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Really? Sorry, it wasn't memorable... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
05-19-2004, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Really? Sorry, it wasn't memorable... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
lol was not memorable? i thought you had to see a shrink over it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2004, 09:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Really? Sorry, it wasn't memorable... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
lol was not memorable? i thought you had to see a shrink over it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yes. Shrink being the key word here. It's all coming to me now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
05-20-2004, 05:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Nope. It was 80something degree weather (too hot for hoods!) and I was wearing a tanktop and spandex shorts. Oh, and my CD walkman. That's all. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, that makes sence now. This is how people from Indiana dress. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~sounds like she skipped the Starbucks that morning. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ralph S.
05-26-2004, 02:10 AM
Oh okay, I see how it is..you're gonna pick on us Hoosiers now eh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
05-26-2004, 03:18 AM
Dont sweat that nonsense,Wendy! She probably couldnt pick a guy up at her family reunion!ha ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
05-26-2004, 08:24 AM
HAHAHAHA

Ralph,

I would never think of it. I do want to come to the tourneys down there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know I would never insult you my friend. One, your my friend and two, you could snap me like a twig. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL

See how I am?,

C.C.~~hope everything is all good at home.