PDA

View Full Version : just got some bad news "amsterdam east closing.

justbrake
05-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I registered to play in a league tuesdays and I just got a call from amsterdam west and they said that east was closing down do to construction, it seems that the building owner is going to add a couple of floors to the building and since they are in the basement there going to have to move. i'll be at the west this sunday!

SPetty
05-18-2004, 02:57 PM
In case you missed it, there's already been some discussion about this:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=137784&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

justbrake
05-18-2004, 03:50 PM
thanks-but this post didn't tell the real story anyway it wasn't the rent it seems it is construction, and when beers are $5.00 a pop it's not the bills

BCgirl
05-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Hopefully the majority of east-side players will stay loyal and return to the west-side. It's a while since I played regularly at Amsterdam, but I always thought that the east side room (good as it was for tournaments) took a lot of good players (particularly 9-ball players) away from the west side. The west side room remained the best (and best run) pool hall I've ever had the pleasure to play in, and one of the few I'd be happy to take anyone (friends or business partners) to, but it certainly lost something with some players migrating to the east-side room.

There's not a lot to say other than to thank all the Amsterdam staff for running two great pool halls, for all the excellent service at both venues, and to wish them all the best for the future.

I'm not entirely sure that New Yorkers really deserved two Amsterdam Billiards halls anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Maybe the Amsterdam crew will take this as an opportunity to look at the other /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif coast?

BCgirl

justbrake
05-19-2004, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BCgirl:</font><hr> Hopefully the majority of east-side players will stay loyal and return to the west-side. It's a while since I played regularly at Amsterdam, but I always thought that the east side room (good as it was for tournaments) took a lot of good players (particularly 9-ball players) away from the west side. The west side room remained the best (and best run) pool hall I've ever had the pleasure to play in, and one of the few I'd be happy to take anyone (friends or business partners) to, but it certainly lost something with some players migrating to the east-side room.

There's not a lot to say other than to thank all the Amsterdam staff for running two great pool halls, for all the excellent service at both venues, and to wish them all the best for the future.

I'm not entirely sure that New Yorkers really deserved two Amsterdam Billiards halls anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Maybe the Amsterdam crew will take this as an opportunity to look at the other /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif coast?

BCgirl <hr /></blockquote>

I travel from long island to see my son in the city but also to play at amsterdam east, it's a pleasure to play at a poolhall that has life and a friendly staff,I have never played at the westside one but I have pass it quite a bit but I hope they open a new one in the same neighborhood because their is a demand for a great poolhall,not taken anything away from the one on the next block up but it'll never be an amsterdam east ( I know the owners of that one )but it's not the same.it's not the real thing!I played at poolrooms in long island and manhattan but I prefer to drive into the city for a game instead.