PDA

View Full Version : WPBA BCA Update

9 Ball Girl
05-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Hsing Huang beat Helena Thorndfelt. I'm really really hoping that we see a repeat of the WPBA US Open where we got to see an "unregular" for the TV match.

pooljunkie73
05-18-2004, 09:59 PM
A real good friend of mine just one her first pro match, beating Jerry Engh 9-1. She lost to Sarah Rousey first round 9-6. We we're pratice partners for about 2 years. I'm really proud of the way she is handling the pressure.

p.s. Her name is Angela Belding

Kent Mc.

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Do the men and women play in the same arena or has that always been the case?

http://www.wpba.com/images/BCA04Robles.jpg

That's TR with I think Barretta in the background?

Wally_in_Cincy
05-19-2004, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Do the men and women play in the same arena or has that always been the case?
....<hr /></blockquote>

I think somebody said they only use 8 tables for each of the men and women. The big room has room for about 100 bar boxes so it entirely conceivable they could be playing in the same arena. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
05-19-2004, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Do the men and women play in the same arena or has that always been the case?<hr /></blockquote>Well, I can't speak for past years or this year (I'm not there /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), but I can speak for the last two years: Yes, they all play in the same arena. It's my recollection that there are eight tables set up in the arena, and during match time, there are men's and women's matches going on at the same time. It's a ton of fun and if any of you ever get the chance, get on out there to see it.

cuechick
05-19-2004, 02:36 PM
no...not Jenn.... don't know who that is?

Frank_Glenn
05-19-2004, 05:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> no...not Jenn.... don't know who that is? <hr /></blockquote>

LJ Jones?

Barbara
05-19-2004, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> no...not Jenn.... don't know who that is? <hr /></blockquote>

LJ Jones? <hr /></blockquote>

Nope. That's not LJJ, either. I don't know who that is.

CarolNYC called me today, she told me LJJ went 2-and-out. As well as Jennifer Chen going 2-and-out, Hsin Huang beating Ewa and Helena, and Julie Kelly beating VV.

Barbara

Barbara
05-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Wally,

The Pro Arena is far away from the bar box tables. Last time I was there, the Pro Arena was in the penthouse and the amateur tournies were on the ground floor. You have to figure they need to separate the two so they can charge for the Pro Arena seats.

Barbara

cuechick
05-19-2004, 07:16 PM
the pro event is no longer in the penthouse(I liked that though, very nice) it is in the very back now, in the newer conference area, just past the last bar box room.

pooljunkie73
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Things are going great for the 2 shooters from New Brunswick, Canada. Jeff Kennedy just beat Coery Duell, then to top it all of he takes out Jose Parica. As for Angela Belding, she lost her next match. She finished her first ever pro event 1-2. I am so proud of them.

Kent Mc.

JDB
05-19-2004, 08:16 PM
I think it is Rachael Abbink (sp?)...however, I could be mistaken.

cuechick
05-19-2004, 08:32 PM
That's a good guess...maybe.

Barbara
05-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Nope, it's not Binky. She has much shorter hair.

Barbara

JDB
05-20-2004, 09:06 AM
She must have gotten it cut. The pictures at AZbilliards show her with longer hair; about the same as the woman in the picture in this thread. But the pictures at AZ billiards are older, so that may be the case.

Barbara
05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
I just saw her at the Expo. She won the Women's Second Chance tourny. Her hair is very, very light and not even to her shoulders.

Yes, the AZBilliards pics of her are at least a year old.

Barbara

Sally
05-20-2004, 04:22 PM
I am pretty sure that is Kristin Haney. She plays pretty nice, from what I've seen so far at the event.

The men and women are in the same arena, on 8 tables total, but apart from the BCA league play.

Rod
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Sally,

It sure looks like Kristin with her concerned look. The hair color looks off but probably the lighting. I've know her for years, she use to work for me. Pretty sporty player usually. I'm supprised to see her in the Pro event, she must be playing a lot more now. Tell her I said hi if you like.

Rod

SRpool
05-25-2004, 02:58 AM
I think everyone is wrong about who it is in the picture. I'm not sure of the girls name but I know she is from Europe and seemed to be fairly young. She was hanging out with Line Kjorsvik and the guys from Germany and Sweden. Sorry I don't have a name.

I wish I could have attended the tournament when it was in the penthouse. I heard it was pretty cool but didn't hold enough people.

Sarah

Wally_in_Cincy
05-25-2004, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Do the men and women play in the same arena or has that always been the case?

http://www.wpba.com/images/BCA04Robles.jpg

That's TR with I think Barretta in the background? <hr /></blockquote>

Louise Furberg?

http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/photos/furberg1.jpg

Eric.
05-25-2004, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> http://www.wpba.com/images/BCA04Robles.jpg

That's TR with I think Barretta in the background? <hr /></blockquote>

<hr /></blockquote>

It's Neils Feijen.

Eric &gt;thinking it's Sandra Ortner from Germany

CarolNYC
05-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi Sarah,
How are you? The girl you are referring to is Charlotte Sorenson from Denmark-she placed second in the European Championship-if that is her picture!
See ya in Peoria! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

GeorgeV
05-25-2004, 05:48 PM
I was in Vegas for the entire tournament. Only missed a couple of matches. This year's tournament was held in a big room/arena just down the hall (adjacent to) the second 8-ball tournament room. Men and women played amongst each other on 8 Connelly tables. Was nice to have a choice of male/female matches to watch. Pretty awesome, actually, watching all the top players, male and female, playing side by side. All the tables were cleared out when it got down to the final 3 players, and a new Connelly table was brought in for the TV matches (semi-finals and championship).

CarolNYC
05-26-2004, 02:59 AM
Its nice to hear you had a good time!
Good for you!
I love Vegas!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

smurf
05-26-2004, 07:56 AM
I witness this awesome tournament. It was something to have a sit with view of six-seven of the world top players males and females. Vegas after dark got to be too much for my senses. Had to take a drive in the desert-beautiful. What about Tony Robles? Who is his sponsor?

SteveEllis
05-26-2004, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
I love Vegas!
<hr /></blockquote>

To each his own. The place is way too glitzy, phoney, and commercial for me. You can't even find a seat that isn't in front of a piece of gaming equipment. And those blankity, blankity slot machines with their incessant noise.

Maybe it was better when the mob ran the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
05-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I dont know ,but, for some reason, this made me feel sad-isnt it weird what peoples eyes see?
Vegas ,in my eyes is, mountains,80 degree cloudless clear blue skies and birds chirping all morning compared to mostly overcast,humid weather with house and car alarms going off and alot of sirens!
I'd rather hear slot machines going off rather than fire,cop or ambulance sirens!
Like you said "to each his own!"
Take care!
Carol

SteveEllis
05-26-2004, 08:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I dont know ,but, for some reason, this made me feel sad-isnt it weird what peoples eyes see?
Vegas ,in my eyes is, mountains,80 degree cloudless clear blue skies and birds chirping all morning compared to mostly overcast,humid weather with house and car alarms going off and alot of sirens!
I'd rather hear slot machines going off rather than fire,cop or ambulance sirens!
Like you said "to each his own!"
Take care!
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like you're talking about one of my favorite places in the entire country, the Grand Canyon in Arizona and the Hoover dam is pretty impressive, but otherwise... It is strange how peoples taste in landscape varies so much, to me outside the city out there is worse than the city. Nothing green that isn't manmade, and no ocean there, how is one to survive without the ocean nearby /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Even in NYC you have central park. If I don't see trees growing naturally I'm just not going to be impressed with the landscape. Desert scapes do nothing at all for me, too barren. I seem to remember more like a 100 degrees when I've been there. I'll take a weekend trip to the White Mountains of NH over Vegas any day. Except in December that is, then I'll just stay home /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
I know I'm the oddball here, most people I know love Vegas as you do, but for me it just doesn't hack it.
Steve.

CarolNYC
05-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Steve,
Go to non-pool-related!
Carol