PDA

View Full Version : KC Custom Cue? Anyone know about them?

RUNaRAK
05-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I saw a seller that makes custom cues and they sell on Ebay very cheap! They sound very nice but I am quite skeptical. I have a very nice cue that I shoot with but would like to have a few extras for the house and friends to borrow when shooting at my home.
He has over 400 positive feedback and 0 negative..
If anyone has any experience with these cues, please let me know...

Joe...Daddy says.."If it is too good to be true, it probably is!"

dr_billiards
05-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I had 2 of them. One split in the points on the forearm, and the other one split at the joint. To sum it up in one word. J-U-N-K! You would be better off to get a players cue.Or dufferin makes a good sneaky pete for around $50.
Doc B

Popcorn
05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Just so no one gets them confused. CK builds nice cues
http://www.ckcues.com

Jay
05-20-2004, 11:49 AM
ive heard mixed reviews about these cues. I was curious myself because they look pretty good. I heard that they were supposed well made southwest copies. They are real inlays not decals, nice finish but they have a huge taper. I think tateus wrote a review on them. I was thinking about getting one if I could ever find one at a cheap price

tateuts
05-20-2004, 12:01 PM
I have no idea how they hold up over the long run but found they are a remarkably good looking copy of a Southwest, but without the playing qualities. They are imported - I believe from China. If I recall they are actually only $130 for a Southwest copy with real points and inlays and two shafts. The shafts were not tapered to my tastes but I thought they could be tweaked by a cue maker.

Chris

Chris Cass
05-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I think these cues are getting a bad rap. They make excellent firewood.

Geez, doesn't anyone ever read my posts? Well, maybe you didn't get a chance? Sorry.

Regards,

C.C.