PDA

View Full Version : Pool Room POS Computer System

Troy
05-20-2004, 08:06 PM
My home room is under new ownership. The new guy is considering installing a computerized
POS system. I'm familiar with the Dolphin setup, but I can't locate a website for them.
Any suggestions (with websites) on other POS systems would be appreciated.

Thanks... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Troy

Chris Cass
05-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi Troy,

I can't help you there but I am curious as to why would he want a POS sys.? Is there more than one location or is the place that big?

Regards,

C.C.

Troy
05-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Hi Chris...
He's a young guy, into teckie stuff, and feels that a POS will give him better inventory control (beer, soft drinks & some food) along with better table time management and an employee work record.
It's not that the current manual method is broken, it works just fine for 24 tables.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Troy,

I can't help you there but I am curious as to why would he want a POS sys.? Is there more than one location or is the place that big?

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

moblsv
05-21-2004, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr>
He's a young guy, into teckie stuff
<hr /></blockquote>

It might be worth a search of freshmeat.net to see if something opensource on Linux would work for him

Am I the only one who read the headline as "Pool Room Piece Of Sh1t Computer System" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy
05-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Apparently so......
"Point of Sale" for the uninformed... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where in Utah do you live ???

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr>
Am I the only one who read the headline as "Pool Room Piece Of Sh1t Computer System" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

moblsv
05-21-2004, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr>
Where in Utah do you live ???
<hr /></blockquote>

Farmington, about 20 miles North of SLC. I also get lots of ??? on my username. It's my boat, Moomba Mobius LSV. I think I'll update my profile.