PDA

View Full Version : Local WPBA player makes a pretty good showing...

Predator314
05-21-2004, 06:43 AM
I was checking the WPBA brackets and a local player from here, Janet Atwell made a pretty good showing at the BCA Open. She drew Gerda Hofstatter in the opening match and lost, but in the losers bracket she took out Loree Jon Jones, Dawn Hopkins, Melissa Herndon, and Laura Smith. These weren't any no name slouches.

I've been keeping an eye on Janet. She's a work horse. About this time last year, I could have played with her straight up. I've staked a guy against her giving her the 8. No more of that. She has to give me the 7 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If she keeps working on her game like she has this past year, look out.

Doctor_D
05-21-2004, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> I was checking the WPBA brackets and a local player from here, Janet Atwell made a pretty good showing at the BCA Open. She drew Gerda Hofstatter in the opening match and lost, but in the losers bracket she took out Loree Jon Jones, Dawn Hopkins, Melissa Herndon, and Laura Smith. These weren't any no name slouches.

I've been keeping an eye on Janet. She's a work horse. About this time last year, I could have played with her straight up. I've staked a guy against her giving her the 8. No more of that. She has to give me the 7 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If she keeps working on her game like she has this past year, look out. <hr /></blockquote>

Outstanding indeed....

This is not the same old WPBA! Amazing what the 64 player field has done for the women's game...

Dr. D.

pooltchr
05-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Janet came down last year to play on one of our tour stops in the Carolinas. Not too many of the players knew who she was, but they sure found out real fast. I hope she gets a chance to come back again. She is a class act, and a strong player. Sounds like she has been working hard on her game, and I wish her the best.
Steve