PDA

View Full Version : Howie Pearl, Tony Meatball passed...

nAz
05-21-2004, 10:10 AM
a way this week, thought you may like to know since the two of you go back decades.

A local old school Brooklyn player passed a way this week, I believe he was about 80 years old. I spoke to him a few times over the last two years but never got a chance to see him shoot. I was told that he was that kinda of player that could walk in from the cold and run out a 100 balls. too bad there are no more players like that around my local PH anymore, i bet i could have learned a lot from someone like that.
I was told that next Thursday Jean B. and familly will say a few words and stories about him at their poolhalll.

BTW since Pearl probably does not check in here anymore it would be cool if someone that can reach him would relay this post to him . Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
05-22-2004, 12:04 PM
naz...I'm in contact with Howie, and I'll pass this along to him. Sad to hear the news...

Scott Lee

nAz
05-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Thank you Scott, please tell him i said hello and that he is missed around these parks... Brooklyn and the CCB forum /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
05-24-2004, 11:59 PM
If your waiting for Voodoo it might be a couple yrs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sad to hear the bad news.

C.C.