PDA

View Full Version : Lessons

NeedHelp
05-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello,
Can anyone recommend an instructor in the California Bay Area? I live in Morgan Hill, just south of San Jose. I have emailed the one instructor listed on the BCA site, but I'd like to find additional instructors to check with.

I'm not a complete beginner (my family had a table growing up), but I can't say as I am very good either.

Thanks

moblsv
05-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I would be interested in hearing testimonials on Scott Lee (NeedHelp - his user name is 'Scott Lee' in the user list). I know he travels the country and gives lessons and I have considered the possibility of taking him up on a lesson.

I seem to remember some ccb rules on advertising in the forum so feel free to PM me any opinions.

stickman
05-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I've only had instruction from Scott Lee, but I was quite happy with him. He travels around the country and can look at his schedule and let you know when he'll be in your area. He can be e-mailed here: poolology@aol.com
Here is his website: http://www.poolknowledge.com/

Pelican
05-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Have used Scott and he is first class. Looking forward to having him work with my daughter next time he is through my area.

Bob_Jewett
05-21-2004, 11:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NeedHelp:</font><hr>Can anyone recommend an instructor in the California Bay Area? I live in Morgan Hill, just south of San Jose. I have emailed the one instructor listed on the BCA site,... <hr /></blockquote>
I think there are four others listed in the area, and a couple more if you look at the "reserve" list.

Rich R.
05-22-2004, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pelican:</font><hr> Have used Scott and he is first class. Looking forward to having him work with my daughter next time he is through my area. <hr /></blockquote>
You can't go wrong with Scott. He is one of the best. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-22-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> I would be interested in hearing testimonials on Scott Lee ....<hr /></blockquote>

A lesson from Scott Lee will be the best money you ever spent to improve your game. However, just so you know, you must practice the things you learn or it will be money wasted.

It's just like learning a musical instrument.

woody_968
05-22-2004, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> I would be interested in hearing testimonials on Scott Lee ....<hr /></blockquote>

A lesson from Scott Lee will be the best money you ever spent to improve your game. However, just so you know, you must practice the things you learn or it will be money wasted.

It's just like learning a musical instrument. <hr /></blockquote>

Tap Tap Tap!!!

You cant go wrong with Scott, if you practice what he shows you then you WILL improve.

ceebee
05-23-2004, 11:40 AM
you might talk with Roy Yemane at American Billiards, he's a Master Instructor listed on the BCA list...

ryushen21
05-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Another vote for Scott Lee. I am sitting here watching my lesson right now actually. You learn a lot and watching the video helps even more. You really can't go wrong.

dmgwalsh
05-24-2004, 04:35 AM
I, too, would recommend Scott Lee. You get quite a bit of good instruction for your money and a video of your lesson to check your progress. He has a passion for teaching pool that rubs off on the student.