PDA

View Full Version : naked roller coaster ride

sack316
05-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Nearly 100 students have shed their inhibitions to set a new world record by riding a rollercoaster naked.

The students from 15 British universities stripped off to ride the 360 degree Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park in Surrey.

Although more than 80 students took part, the official record will be set at 28 as the ride can only take this number in one go.

The stunt was staged to coincide with the attraction's silver anniversary.

The feat will also help raise money for charity after Thorpe Park bosses agreed to hand over 1,000 to a university rag committee.

News source: BBC News Online

[COLOUR=blue]'Au naturel'

Suzie Kitching, 19, a criminology student from Buckingham Chilterns University College, said: "My mum encourages me to be myself, au naturel."

Another criminology student at the college, Sally Taylor, 20, said her involvement would come as a surprise to her family.

"I've told my mum I'm coming here but I didn't tell her I would be naked," she said.

Staff at the park came up with the idea and Guinness World Record officials judged the event, which took place when the park was closed to spare the embarrassment of visitors.

Simon Gold, one of the judges, said: "They have raised some money for charity and they have set a Guinness world record - everyone's a winner."

highsea
05-21-2004, 04:47 PM
LOL, "Staff at the park came up with the idea."

First park worker: This job really sucks.
Second park worker: What we need is 100 naked college girls!

-CM

dg-in-centralpa
05-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Sounds like fun to me.

DG - would have been a participant along with wifey

mred477
05-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Apparently I need to move to Britain, cause I went to the Univ. of Florida, the #3 party school in the nation (behind Wisconsin and Free Shoe U), and we never did anything like that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will